Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:24 am  Post subject: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 29th - July 6th  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
Hello everyone RP here,

Well its been 3 years since SSX (2012) was released, and it was such a blessing to play the game for the years that I've had it. From the moment I've heard the teasers, to the release of the demo, to the point of actually buying the game, the nostalgia is still there no doubt, reminding me of the times that I was looking forward to riding down the snowy slopes that this game had in store.

Morten and I have been thinking to organize some events - specifically events which relate to the build up of all the memories, from the very beginning. The beginning of the SSX (2012) career for most was probably at the highlights of the Demo version, which revealed 2 tracks from the 62 that we have today; JT2 & Bulldog

Needless to say wingsuit races had not yet to come out, but I'll get back to that shortly ;)

I'm sure everyone had a memory of some sorts that they cherish after playing some SSX. Moments that lead to frustration, anger or happiness. Which brings me to the third easter egg track that most know about no doubt; Lock Jaw - a remake of happiness from SSX3. A very wingsuit-able map to play on if I must say.

On June of 2015 (we still haven't set the date yet), we will be holding these 3 events in memory of SSX (2012), hoping to revive it a little bit and gain a few members to pitch in and play:

• JT2 - Non wings
  • Bulldog - Trick
  • Lock Jaw - Wings

The reason why the date is so far ahead is to give a chance for those who don't visit the forums very often to see the event taken place. We want to try and set a goal of 50+ people per event taking place for the GE's, and since were trying to get people to join it'll be more of a friendly event rather than a competitive one.

And please we urge who ever reads this, to pass on the message that this event will be indeed be happening as a celebration for the years that we had here on SSX (2012), we want to encourage more to come! We will also provide updates on the dates that everything is going to be taken place on and such, so stick around for more hehe.

Thanks
- RP
;P

UPDATE!

After some long deliberation we've decided to announce that the week that the events fall under will take place between:
June 26th and July 6th

Why those times you ask?
Well June-July will most probably be summer time for most people and well into vacations as well - if not winter vacation for those living in southern climates. The events start on a monday, that way the events towards the end (Saturday and Sunday) will give people the incentive to join especially since the events would be concluding by that time! We will keep you guys posted with new additions to the events if there are going to be any :D

Last edited by RadicalPlayer on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:34 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #3
PSN: Morten_W_91
It would be awesome if some of you have time to jump in the game and participate when the events takes place in June. Rad and I will announce the week sometimes in May, so stay tuned meanwhile for more info. If you have any questions related to this, please leave a reply. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
I will most likely join if i know the EXACT day, but i'm warning you i suck so much at this game i'll probably end up bronze in all the events. Also, how much will the events cost?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:20 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
XBL: movildima
I would really like to join but, as SSX_Nigel said, I what to know the exact day.
Also which platforms it will work on? I guess only on XBOX360?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:40 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
We really didn't set out an exact date yet, but we're probably gonna do it at the end of June since its summer vacation and all. Morten and I play on PS3, and idea of doing it on Xbox kinda slipped through :heh As for the cost, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem since its pretty easy to get credits on the go, a big drop cost would also attract more people to join, don't you think? We haven't settled everything yet and nothing is official.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:44 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
And as not mentioned clearly, these 3 events will be regular ge's and last for 1 week, and they will start on the same day at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:00 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Count me in!

i occasionally hop on ssx so this will be very cool to see this play out. i hope alot of us can make it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:10 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
XBL: crispaholic
PSN: krispaholik
would love to join in, may be possible but need to get digital copy on my ps3 as the disctray is nacked, could be a go!

Follow me on Twitter
Check out my latest and best on Youtube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:01 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
PSN: Mistinguette
I would have liked that is it after my exams to be fresh. I don't know the date but i think i will finish before the last week. I would have prefer to do this an Saturday or Sunday because i don't work and after i'm in holiday the 3 july but is too late.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:21 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
Mistinguet wrote:
I would have liked that is it after my exams to be fresh. I don't know the date but i think i will finish before the last week. I would have prefer to do this an Saturday or Sunday because i don't work and after i'm in holiday the 3 july but is too late.

It will be a one week event, so Saturday and Sunday are definitely included. We will gladly receive any suggestions from you all on which week in June that fits you best. And also, the week will be set shortly, so don't hesitate to leave a suggestion before it's too late! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:47 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
PSN: Emu90
Count me in. Imma use my wingsuit and be all like.:
http://i.imgur.com/BfAxnbB.webm

Last edited by TrickyEmu on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:53 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
Tell me the EXACT dates so I can fix the RDOD on my 360 ahead of time
RadicalPlayer wrote:
Hello everyone RP here,

Morten and I have been thinking to organize some events - specifically events which relate to the build up of all the memories, from the very beginning. The beginning of the SSX (2012) career for most was probably at the highlights of the Demo version, which revealed 2 tracks from the 62 that we have today; JT2 & Bulldog

Which brings me to the third easter egg track that most know about no doubt; Lock Jaw - a remake of happiness from SSX3. A very wingsuit-able map to play on if I must say.

On June of 2015 (we still haven't set the date yet), we will be holding these 3 events in memory of SSX (2012), hoping to revive it a little bit and gain a few members to pitch in and play:

• JT2 - Non wings
  • Bulldog - Trick
  • Lock Jaw - Wings Can you also make it a Trick?

And please we urge who ever reads this, to pass on the message that this event will be indeed be happening as a celebration for the years that we had here on SSX (2012), we want to encourage more to come! We will also provide updates on the dates that everything is going to be taken place on and such, so stick around for more hehe.

Thanks
- RP
;P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:19 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
so is this the same event as @projectSSX ?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:10 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
ResidentSleeper wrote:
so is this the same event as @projectSSX ?

Both events are independent and quite different, but the achievement is the same. We want to gather new and old friends, rivals and players to join a common event, to get a feel of the good old times. We're hoping as many as possible can participate. If you feel you don't have time for it, It'll only take a few minutes to hop on and do a couple of races ;). As mentioned in the first post, it's more of a friendly event rather than a serious competition.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:51 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
Hey guys(and girls) :)

Long time no see. Man I haven't been here for a looong time. I had actually forgotten all about how much time I spent here. Talkin, watchin master runs, readin about all the funny/crasy/awsome stuff you all had to offer :) Thanx for the message on psn Morten. If it hadn't been for that I probably wouldn't have come back here. Not for a good while still(even my english is startin to suffer :p)

I had to blow some dust of SSX now and play it again. Probably 5 months since last time. But I'll practise some and I'll join the non-wing race at least :) Or maby all just for kicks. Gonna be awsome playing against all of you again :)

And looking forward too seeing who's still around :)

"Luck is just the result of good planning"

'Image

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:43 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - June 2015  
GeeFunk2010 wrote:
Hey guys(and girls) :)

Long time no see. Man I haven't been here for a looong time. I had actually forgotten all about how much time I spent here. Talkin, watchin master runs, readin about all the funny/crasy/awsome stuff you all had to offer :) Thanx for the message on psn Morten. If it hadn't been for that I probably wouldn't have come back here. Not for a good while still(even my english is startin to suffer :p)

I had to blow some dust of SSX now and play it again. Probably 5 months since last time. But I'll practise some and I'll join the non-wing race at least :) Or maby all just for kicks. Gonna be awsome playing against all of you again :)

And looking forward too seeing who's still around :)

No prob, GeeFunk :)

It's really nice that also old time players have the opportunity to join the events! We're looking forward to open them on June 29th.
We appreciate every comment, so if you eager to join, or have any questions or comments, just leave a reply :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:49 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - [Update!] June 29th - July   
Okay! Since June 29th is the date, i'll be playing! Remember, i suck ass at 2012, so don't expect me to be a challenge :heh add me at I_LUV_SKIPPY on ps3

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:45 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - [Update!] June 29th - July   
PSN: Eeeyore
Hi all,

also, not been on here forever, just started playing SSX again, first time in over a year, I think. Thought i'd come on here, have a look around, and found this!

Would love to join you guys for this event, i've been playing for about 4 days now, and my withered, tired old hands are aching like a bitch! (i am very old, you know, Chromemaps and me are of a similar vintage, i believe.)

I'm gonna join to make SSX_Nigel look good! No offence Nigel, but i'm crapper than you :thumbsup

Nice to be back, and i don't care how many times you've played this game, it is still soooooo addictive!

See you on the slopes!

Eeeyore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:47 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - [Update!] June 29th - July   
XBL: crispaholic
PSN: krispaholik
wooo not long to go :) cannot wait till the 29th to have some fun with you guys, hopefully make some new friends along the way also^^

Also gona try and get an adapter so I'm not handicapped with the DS3 controller lol.

Follow me on Twitter
Check out my latest and best on Youtube

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:16 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - [Update!] June 29th - July   
WTH did you guys move the date up?? :( I was looking forward to it. I thought it was June 21 Why was the weeknd excluded? Anyway. More time for me to practice!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:42 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - [Update!] June 29th - July  
TrickyEmu wrote:
WTH did you guys move the date up?? :( I was looking forward to it. I thought it was June 21 Why was the weeknd excluded? Anyway. More time for me to practice!

Nope, the date is still the same as we last set it, no changes. We didn't exclude the weekend either, we made it on a Monday on purpose, because that would give people the incentive to try harder on the final days of the competition which would be on Sunday/Saturday. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:44 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - [Update!] June 29th - July   
Ok, nobody chicken out. Especially not you RadicalPlayer. But seriously How TF did you get so much better than anyone else. I remember them days when I was faster than you and now at my age (24) I have arthritits in my thumbs. I don't have them reflexes no more. But I wll practice towards it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:36 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - [Update!] June 29th - July   
Hey everyone. Just a reminder for ya; the events starts on monday, the day after tomorrow. They will open at 12 pm GMT, that's 1 pm in central Europe, 7 am in eastern US etc. I will be opening the events, so if some of you can't access the events, just pm me or leave a comment, and I'll add you to my fl. The events will last to monday the week after at 12 pm.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:16 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - [Update!] June 29th - July   
PSN: Eeeyore
Wow, just checking the list of names of people who have replied to this thread, I can see bronze is going to be a tough medal to take! Living in a rarified atmosphere amongst the SSX gods! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:40 am  Post subject: Re: SSX (2012): Reunion Events - [Update!] June 29th - July   
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #3
XBL: Xedec
PSN: MrXedec
:china

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  1, 2