Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:04 am  Post subject: Boost Problem  
XBL: N/A
PSN: SSX-WIN or gold-fingers_007
So I recently leveled Elise to 15, and I encountered something strange. For some reason, my tricks yield less boost compared to my level 15, equal board stats Tane.

For example, I play on 99 Assassins, to get the first tricky mode with Tane I would have to flip about 2-3 times. With Elise I have to perform around 4-5 flips.
I tested the stats by giving both players a speed, boost, and trick mod to make sure I maxed out their stats. This made no difference.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 am  Post subject: Re: Boost Problem  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #3
PSN: Morten_W_91
In your case, Tane probably had a boost bonus perk on his board or his suit, and Elise didn't.
What you should do is find a board or a suit for Elise with a boost bonus perk and then you'll get the same amount of boost as with Tane ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:24 am  Post subject: Re: Boost Problem  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Also make sure you're testing the difference on the same course. I know you said you were playing on 99 Assassinations, but it might be useful to point out that different maps have different chopper drop heights. There's lots of variety, just a few examples - Mt Eddie has no drop, Oldschool has a low drop, Broken Elbow has a high drop and Death Zone has an extremely high drop. The drop height will factor into how many flips you will need to reach Tricky, something that can be easily overlooked and forgotten.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:58 am  Post subject: Re: Boost Problem  
So why would a boost bonus perk allow one to exceed the all encompassing limit of 100? Is it not just an additional 15 or so to your normal stats?

And I was playing Elise on Serenity when I noticed the difference she was from Tane on the same course. I then tested it on another well known course which was 99 Assassins.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Boost Problem  
To get tricky faster has nothing to do with the boost stats.
And the boost bonus perk is not the same as the boost (rocket) mod, and as far as I know, it the boost bonus perk does not influence the boost stats.
Try and use Tane without the boost bonus perk, and you'll notice that there is no difference between Tane and Elise when getting into tricky mode fast.

I was considering making a tutorial about this (and the trick bonus perk + the extra tricky time perk), like what I did with the mods and character perks tutorial, but I changed my mind after sitting for hours with editing the mods tutorial, it took way longer than I first thought (though I might do it if ppl are interested).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Boost Problem  
Alright thanks man, it seems that I can't take a trick perk with Elise then. :(
Good to know my character isn't glitching. :heh
I thought the boost perk was overkill, but I guess not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Boost Problem  
No problem :)

Btw, why would you want the trick (bonus) perk? It's basically useless for race it. The trick bonus perk is practically the same as the trick multiplier mod, it only multipleis your trick points with 3% or something around that, can't remember exactly.
But, the extra tricky time is useful in most occations, you can be fine without it though. All you need is a suit with a boost bonus perk and a board with an extra tricky time perk (or vice versa), and you're good to go! The extra tricky time perk can be replaced with an extra tricky time mod if needed. The boost bonus perk can not be replaced with a mod, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:06 am  Post subject: Re: Boost Problem  
:D Sounds good.
I used the trick boost for personal amusement. I found it fun to get the most amount of points while going down a track as fast as possible.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]