Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:15 am  Post subject: Small icons next to names?  
XBL: JaySTeeY
Alright, will show my newbness here. Playing in global events (Xbox), occasionally I see small icons next to the names listed under 'current standings'. I remember seeing a 3-pronged crown and a airborne boarder. What do they icons mean? I was assuming maybe the crown is a high-ranking player, not sure on the boarder icon.

Looked thru the SSX faq, did a few searches here, didn't find anything. Have mercy on me if it is something obvious...

Thnx

(edit: add Xbox note to callout platform I am playing on)

Last edited by JTYooper on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
How are ya matey

Not quite sure what your looking at - can you post an image?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
Here's a pic (disregard low Survive standing... :shrug )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:15 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
It's an Xbox thing I think. Not on PS3/ at least I've never seen it. I think the top one just means 'first place' but I'm really not sure about the other one.
Welcome to Merq :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:50 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
I can't recall ever seeing those on xbox... :shrug but then again i could just be oblivious.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:43 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
minn wrote:
I can't recall ever seeing those on xbox... :shrug but then again i could just be oblivious.

I looked on youtube at various GEs... and they are certainly there on some Xbox clips / but what they mean... I know not.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned em before. Def not a PS3 thing anyways :shrug

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:00 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
They mean that the person is currently online and on this track, but now on PS3 i guess they don't show up properly :shrug, sometimes they do but they're not always correct.

I think...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
Interesting, thanks for the replies, comments & welcome everyone. For now I will figure the crown is a high-ranking player (according to RiderNet) and the boarder as currently on-line and on-track, as Radical mentioned.

After having the game for a few months, but not playing much recently, have gotten back into it, thanks to having a few more game rivals. Enjoying Race & Survive for now, I stink at Tricks, so maybe tackle those events in the future. Slowly picking at Explore mode, unlocking tracks & getting higher medals. Should keep me busy once the snow starts flying and am stuck in house more.

Later...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:14 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
*scratches head*

yeah.... EA never implemented a ranking system so I don't really see how the crown could mean that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:59 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
PSN: SledDawg_KR
I, too, have seen both these icons on PS3. Have often wondered about them as well. Surprsed that their meaning is not more clear (?)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
I jointed a GE a few nites ago, there was only one other person on the scoreboard. The little crown was next to their screen name, so maybe the crown denotes the person who created the custom event? :shrug

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:04 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
JTYooper wrote:
I jointed a GE a few nites ago, there was only one other person on the scoreboard. The little crown was next to their screen name, so maybe the crown denotes the person who created the custom event? :shrug

The crown doesn't mean the person's name in the diamond bracket get it, its the person who is in 1st place from the whole GE, so in WTA events the crown person you would see is only the person who has the best time.

On public GE's you might not see it, since they take the top 10% of the players who joined into the diamond bracket if the number of players are 10+ (assuming), so there are 2 people sharing the diamond bracket; the person who you can see their ghost racing down, and the other hidden person who is in 1st place overall from that GE, who doesn't show until after you beat 2nd place's ghost and can see the standings of the person in 1st place.

JTYooper wrote:

From this picture I'm guessing not a lot of people were on that GE since the person who was in the diamond bracket was already in 1st place overall from the people that joined. Unless it was a WTA then the person in diamond will always be the one with the crown (since he/she is always the first)

Correct me if I'm wrong...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:12 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
PSN: TaysteChampion
That sounds about right RadicalPlayer. I would imagine that the icon symbolises the top player in each bracket. Unless the crown and boarder are the only two symbols... then I have no idea! It could be the crown is the #1 score and the boarder is the GE creator? But as everyone else here, I don't have any facts. Why these symbols only show during a live run and not in the end results, I have no idea. But this list is probably just a randomly chosen player from within each bracket... :shrug I know that the ghost you face is always the player who has the worst score/time in the bracket above you, and once in diamond the ghost shown is the #1 player. So if the boarder is the creator and crown is the #1, then it could be that these players have the worst score in their respective brackets and DJ Alpamist is the only player in Diamond.

chromemaps wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned em before. Def not a PS3 thing anyways :shrug

Yeah. Well I never paid the current standings any attention, and as you say these symbols might never have existed on PS3, yet seeing them here they are somewhat familiar... Interesting what things can surface that we've not discussed before! Particularly something this noticeable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:22 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
TaysteChampion wrote:
That sounds about right RadicalPlayer. I would imagine that the icon symbolises the top player in each bracket. Unless the crown and boarder are the only two symbols... then I have no idea! It could be the crown is the #1 score and the boarder is the GE creator? But as everyone else here, I don't have any facts. Why these symbols only show during a live run and not in the end results, I have no idea. But this list is probably just a randomly chosen player from within each bracket... :shrug I know that the ghost you face is always the player who has the worst score/time in the bracket above you, and once in diamond the ghost shown is the #1 player. So if the boarder is the creator and crown is the #1, then it could be that these players have the worst score in their respective brackets and DJ Alpamist is the only player in Diamond.

The boarder doesn't only show on custom GE's they also show on the public GE's, and its in no ones hand to create those GE's which i think means that the boarder isn't necessary the one who creates the GE, but maybe who knows :shrug

On another note i never came across one player showing both symbols simultaneously, but maybe i might be wrong its either one or the other, but in the case where a rider is #1 in a GE and online/on-track i think its only the boarder that shows, if i remember from a WTA once...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
XBL: crispaholic
PSN: krispaholik
Thought it meant GE host and event leader?

Follow me on Twitter
Check out my latest and best on Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:20 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
PSN: Nick_Bester
My 2 cents thought on the matter... The crown indicates the "King of the Hill/Drop", so why you'll see it sometimes is correct as per RadicalPlayer explanation!

I have seen both icons on PS3 before!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:50 am  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
XBL: N/A
PSN: SSX-WIN or gold-fingers_007
It may be that it's broken, but many times I've always encountered the crown on the person ranked lowest in the diamond bracket; as in, even when there is a better score, the crown only appears on the person that can be seen when viewed right before you start a drop.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
???
The boarder icon is next to the player who's ghost you'll be racing against

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Small icons next to names?  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
MarcusAnnex wrote:
???
The boarder icon is next to the player who's ghost you'll be racing against

^^^This.

Ive noticed it all the time on Ps3. Of course it took me awhile to figure it out but yea, crown is the top scoring player and the boarder is the ghost you are racing against.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]