Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:58 pm  Post subject: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
PSN: Kingweasley123
I want to start by stating how stoked I am that I found this site, how did I not know about this? -.-

Okay, so I just recently got SSX 2012, and I could not be happier! I know, I know, why wait so long? Well I didn’t have a gaming console, with the exception of my PC for 3 years. Believe me I was drooling around the time it was released and even considered buying a ps3 just to play SSX, but I didn’t have the cash flow.

All that aside, I just finished World Tour and I’m working on Explore Mode, first on the list is to complete the Rockies 100%, snowflakes and all (finding them easily thanks to a wing suit and the screenshot guide from the site.) Any way I’m having some trouble with leveling my characters and getting Gold in Race It mode, so here go the questions and hopefully some of you veterans can help me out.

1. Gold in Race It, it can’t really be this hard, right?
During the Survive It and Trick It drops I’m getting Gold very easily, like it’s a walk in the park. But during Race It I can’t seem to get gold no matter what I do, I know all the tricks and I even tried using the wing suit to skip parts of the track (I gave up on this it’s too hard) but I still cannot get my times lower.

The tricks to getting faster times that I know of:
- Get tricky as soon as possible and keeping it, by doing nose presses and small hops. Check.
- Jump before the actual lip of the jump, or don’t jump at all, and in some cases go around the jump completely. Check.
- Try to find the quickest line possible, usually by following the Gold ghost and making adjustments. Check.

So what am I missing? I use a Level 11 Psymon, I’ve tried mods, suits, and new boards, and I’m really getting frustrated. Suggestions?

2. 2,500,000 for level 12, I just paid 1,000,000 for level 11… o.0

The leveling system is a bit expensive don’t you think? It would take all of the credits that I have just to level a SINGLE rider to level 12, why?
Any way more on credits in my next question for now I’m just curious, it seems my riders are leveling really slowly, any suggestions on how to speed up the process and get more XP? I already got the 1,000,000 million snowflake.

3. My final question is about credits, how do I get more of them?

I compete in global events, and do fairly well I sit in the gold/platinum bracket mostly. I collect as many snowflakes and geotags as I can, I get as many bonus’s as I can, and yet I still don’t have enough credits. I’m at a loss on this one, I’ve heard about people having billions, or hundreds of millions even, how? Just how?

Well this post ended up a lot longer then I intended it to be, must be the excitement of finding this site. Any help would be appreciated!

PSN: Kingweasley123 | Add me!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
The Best Advice I can give you as far as getting better is

1) Practice

and

2) Watch Master Runs.

There are videos here on almost every track in the game all done by the best players in the world. They'll definitely give you a leg up on getting gold on all races. :) As far as the store prices, yes, they're very high, especially since the last few level upgrades ended up increasing cost without significantly increasing performance.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
Master runs? Well this place keeps getting better and better! :)

Are there any other perks to leveling up after 10 or 11? Is it even worth the credits?

*Also: I've seen people getting off of rails without jumping, not trees but the magnetic rails you automatically stick to? :shrug

PSN: Kingweasley123 | Add me!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
Welcome to Merq! I'm no expert, but I can still give you a few tips:

You're correct that you'll want to stay in Tricky at all times, but board presses and bunny hops will slow you down (I'm very guilty of spamming board presses, though. You can do them and still get Gold, but you can shave off a lot of time if you don't). The best method is to actually let it run out just before a jump and do a trick large enough to regain Tricky right away. Also, flares extend your combo, so if you see a trail of them and you're in danger of running out, you can run over those instead of pressing and keep your speed.

The Gold lines aren't that great, so watching Master Runs like gondee said is a great idea. Perfecting those lines will put you waaaay beyond Gold times though, so don't worry about getting every bit right, and don't be afraid to modify anything that's frustrating. However, following ghosts is probably the best way to learn since you can directly compare your runs. I've only completed Africa in Explore, but if you want to add me on PSN (starrify) to have some more lines to check against, you're more than welcome to. :)

About those high credit costs—I believe that was mostly us. Sorry! Everyone amassed so many credits through GEs that we started complaining that we didn't have enough to spend it on! I remember the best way to level (and get credits, as they coincide) was taking advantage of five to ten-minute GEs and double-XP weekends. I'm not sure if they do either anymore, but generally, you'll want to do as many of the highest credit runs as you can. If you can't afford them yet, find ones you can and keep saving until you have enough. Once you're into the high-rollers, you're golden. Getting in the Gold and Platinum brackets is great, as it means you're always making a decent amount of credits. :thumbsup However, you absolutely do NOT need to get past level 10 to get all Golds. The game was designed to be beaten at level 10 at the most. The other levels were uncapped at later dates. So, unless you want to compete in GEs seriously or get the best times possible, don't worry about it! Since you're starting out, you might actually do better at level 10 at first, anyway.

Finally, getting off rails without jumping is usually called disengaging. All you need to do is hold down the grind button once you're on a rail, then hold your left analog stick in the direction you want to get off and let go of the grind button! It's a great technique to learn, as it shaves off a good amount of time.

Sorry, that's all I can think of for now, but if something else pops into my head I'll be sure to post!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:30 am  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
For race - - - - hold a trick right out of the 'copter (don't forget to release just before u hit the deck). Do several forward flips stright away as quick as u can to get into tricky. Zoom away holding boost.
Like u say - avoid jumps. Find a route that rides between bumps in the track. The more u play this game, the more you spot times and places to lose tricky and then get it straight back (without taking too much air). This is the key to a fast run.
But yeah - the Master Runs will tell you all u need to know.

Placing and finding high value geotags ia a very fast way of scoring credits.
Or - get 100m credits together and enter a 100m GE. If ur finding race it a bit difficult atm - then enter a trick it or survive it. You can easily win 400m+ credits on a GE.

Welcome to the best board for the best game :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:00 am  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Sup, welcome to merq :)

Yourself and others seem to have covered most of the points for the races so there isn't much I can add to that.

The reason levelling up seems so expensive is because people who had the game earlier earned a lot more credits than those playing now. They used to have huge global events with loads of people and massive pay outs so a lot of people (mainly us lot) were racking up close to 1 billion credits. So for most people 2.5 million for a level was nothing.
It does suck for people such as yourself who have just picked the game up though. Like chrome said, your best bet is probably using geotags. With not many people playing you should get maximum pay outs most of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:31 am  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
Wow thanks for all the great advice!

I can't wait to get back to my PS3 now, I'm out of town for a few days. But when I get back it's on. I've been watching some Master Runs and I see what all of you are saying. Thank for the disengaging the rail tip, for some reason I could not figure it out. :p

I'll add all of you when I get back to my PS3, if you don't mind. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
WELCOME TO MERQ

Make sure you check out Morten's mods (and character perks) tutorial!!

you can also disengage from a rial while holding a trick (uber-disengage) on top of just looking badass sometimes you need the extra trick kick to get into tricky.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:23 am  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Hey, welcome to the site. I am going to start playing again after 4 - 5 months. As others have said, place geotags and hide them, I am sure most won't be found and you make good money. This is also a great way to level up characters if you have a lot of credits to buy epic geotags. Global events will be the most fruitful for credits when you get better at the game, play at or just above your ability when you aim for medals, obviously diamond is preferred. In explore don't follow the AI gold ghost, follow the ghosts of other players, always race people faster than you and improve in time. It's therefore a good idea to add a lot of friends! This really opens up the game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
PSN: Emu90
Hi KingWeasley and chwelcome to the family.

Yes, the first fews times I played that game I could barely get a Bronze medal in racing.

A couple of tips:

1. It's all about knowing the track. Explore new routes. Don't go down the normal route. You think jumping over that hill might be a shortcut, try it!

2. Watch the master runs!

3. Manage your Boost! You need to figure out when you can afford to run out of Super Tricky and when you really need it.

:thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
here, if you're still having troubles with the no equipment decents here's the link to my youtube channel. just go to my Random Gameplay playlist and you'll find my little playthroughs of them if they help, and welcome to Mercury City :thumbsup
http://m.youtube.com/user/MarterMachine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 am  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
PSN: Clawz114
KingWeasley123 wrote:
2. 2,500,000 for level 12, I just paid 1,000,000 for level 11… o.0

The leveling system is a bit expensive don’t you think? It would take all of the credits that I have just to level a SINGLE rider to level 12, why?

To be honest, I thought the leveling in the game was far too easy. You could probably take a character to level 15 in an hour or two with a good technique (Something like racing Code Blue for gold spending about 40 seconds each time + placing geotags) providing you had the credits on hand to buy the higher levels.

I guess if you played it from release, there was waaaay more people playing online, and it was generally very easy to rack up a lot of credits, especially if you were a better than average player.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 am  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
People keep say it was easier to rack up credits when more people were playing. The high roller events are still paying out a lot of credits. I might make 41M instead of 48M for diamond, but who cares you can still rack up a a ton of credits in a short amount of time. I would argue that it was harder back in the day for the average player to rack up credits because the diamond and platinum cuts off were much higher. I just saw a Pan Trick it high roller where diamond was 19M. It would have been 40M+ back in the day. The biggest difference is that the 500K - 1M events are no longer really worth it from a credit mining perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:51 am  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
I suppose it would have made more sense for those who had the game sense release. I came out of World Tour with about 1,000,000 and then the million credit snowflake... Almost done with my fist Explore Mode area the Rockies still have 2 events to get gold on and collect snowflakes, then I'm moving on to Alaska perhaps. I'm sitting at about 4,500,000 credits right now but I'm not spending any on leveling right now I'm trying to save for Geotags and equipment, I play the free Global Events but I don't trust that I'm good enough yet to do any of the High roller events, but I figure once I am I shouldn't have any trouble obtaining credits and XP.

I realized what I was doing horribly wrong, I was going to complete Explore Mode before I ever played Global events, yea that was a mistake. Thanks to everyone who had tips and information for me I feel that I have a much better understand of the game and the way it works, also my times and scores have increased. :)

Now, I will continue my journey towards, 100% completion of Explore Mode. All Gold Medals and All Snowflakes. :)
Anyone manage to do this yet?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:04 am  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
PSN: TaysteChampion
I agree with Pemdas. I don't think it's any harder to make credits now, a lot of players had their credits reset including me and I have levelled characters at game release and since. Things change, back then my main credit builder were the 15 minute duration global events for 1M entry, every 15 mins they awarded the credits and opened up again, same track all day. Then the next day it would be a different event. That was cool.

I've done gold on all events in Explore mode but never bothered with the Snowflakes. All I collected are circumstance, I have about 280.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:13 am  Post subject: Re: Need advice from some SSX experts.  
PSN: Nick_Bester
KingWeasley123 wrote:
I suppose it would have made more sense for those who had the game sense release. I came out of World Tour with about 1,000,000 and then the million credit snowflake... Almost done with my fist Explore Mode area the Rockies still have 2 events to get gold on and collect snowflakes, then I'm moving on to Alaska perhaps. I'm sitting at about 4,500,000 credits right now but I'm not spending any on leveling right now I'm trying to save for Geotags and equipment, I play the free Global Events but I don't trust that I'm good enough yet to do any of the High roller events, but I figure once I am I shouldn't have any trouble obtaining credits and XP.

I realized what I was doing horribly wrong, I was going to complete Explore Mode before I ever played Global events, yea that was a mistake. Thanks to everyone who had tips and information for me I feel that I have a much better understand of the game and the way it works, also my times and scores have increased. :)

Now, I will continue my journey towards, 100% completion of Explore Mode. All Gold Medals and All Snowflakes. :)
Anyone manage to do this yet?

Welcome KingWeasley123... I think most of us have managed gold medal/100% completion on explore already & SSX is my first ever platinum trophy for a game. Haven't done the 100% snowflakes yet, as it's not required for platinum!
If you need a credit boost, add me & I'll sort you out... Unless you want to do it the good old fashioned hard work way!
As for advice, couldn't have put it better than all the other good folks here! :china

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]