Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:09 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:30 am  Post subject: Anyone else still miss seeing other rider "ghosts"??  
PSN: SledDawg_KR
Remeber the "glory days" of SSX 2012 when you would hop on a 3-2-1 GO! event and actually SEE the other riders you were dropping with? Sadly, those days are over, but last night, I was wondering if EA will ever bring them back? With so few riders droppng on 3-2-1 events these days, I'm sure the bandwidth strain would be far less, perhaps enough to alleviate the problems of folks getting booted from RiderNet/PSN, etc. I know it's wisful thinking, but seeing the other riders was perhaps one of the coolest things to ever hit the SSX slopes. Maybe they will return with the next installment--if there is one. Fingers Crossed. :yes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone else still miss seeing other rider "ghosts"??  
XBL: twoskilld4U
I honestly feel like EA dropped all support for this game. The only thing left is shutting the servers off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:25 am  Post subject: Re: Anyone else still miss seeing other rider "ghosts"??  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
The other annoying things that's happened is that certain GE events - like Red Light/ race for instance - are permanently 'pending'.
A few weeks ago it happened to virtually all GE race events. Nick_Bester got it sorted by appealing directly to mr bossman (Batty).
It got fixed - but very quickly certain drops became permanently 'pending' once again.
As I say - Red Light is one - there are others but can't think of them offhand. Maybe Lockjaw is another.

I guess EA have lost interest. SSX is old news to them. There's still life on PS3 though... I keep seeing loads of new riders on the slopes. It can't have been that much of a dud.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:13 am  Post subject: Re: Anyone else still miss seeing other rider "ghosts"??  
PSN: CurryBrace
I think SSX was originally not as popular as EA had hoped due to the online passes. Now that you don't need an online pass, it's gotten more popular, but they've already stopped caring about the game.
Oh well. Maybe they'll release a new SSX game for the PS4, or bring back some of the old titles for the Playstation Network store. I'd be stoked if they brought back 3.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:34 am  Post subject: Re: Anyone else still miss seeing other rider "ghosts"??  
PSN: Clawz114
For me the game lacks in re-play value (particularly on the online side) I don't really think there is one reason why that is, but if the game had more of an arcade style, I feel it would have gone a long way to helping the game have more longevity.

If we get a next gen SSX on the PS4/Xbox180 they really need to go all out and bring us slopestyle events with halfpipe style physics and big air events. Give us the ability to turn up at a big air location on the map and watch other players competing, or watch from a helicopter point of view of a race/regular trick event. Why not let us do all that on a tablet/smartphone too (seems like it will be the norm this coming gen (watchdogs, battlefield, division)) Let us bet credits on the outcome of online events that are happening. Give us online ranks with visible stats showing people at which events we excel at. Bring in DJ Atomika and a truck load of fireworks and a proper shop where you can purchase tonnes and tonnes of outfits and accessories so that everyone can have truly unique characters. Give us an online board creator so we can make our own boards on the fly and upload them to the store allowing people to purchase them (giving us a cut of the credits they spend) Bring back local multi-player and AI riders that can play alongside multiple online players. Let us create out own checkpoint races with an 'event creator' type tool.

Give us the ability to create teams and set up competitions with other teams of people (add up the scores of each team member to get the total team score) Give us global/regional leaderboards and team leaderboards. Have a mode where 2 friends can play split-screen on the same console vs 2 other people doing the same (that would be super fun) Make relay races where your friend races the top half and you race the bottom half when he gets to you (letting you watch your friends progress on your in-game smartphone showing you the helicopter view) Give us slalom events and 'first person to reach the randomly placed flag' events. I want it to take me months to reach the highest rank and still leave me with tonnes of stuff left to unlock.

I don't want to jump out of a helicopter and race 3 other players that can't interact with me on a 2 minute run, I want to jump out of a giant blimp in the shape of Luthers belly with 50 other real players dressed in ludicrous outfits, punching each other and speeding down a mountain and through a deserted city on an epic half an hour drop, dodging bears and wolves with hundreds of people all over the world betting their credits on the outcome of the race, just so they can finally get enough credits to buy an outfit that makes Moby look slim again.

Got a bit carried away...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:28 am  Post subject: Re: Anyone else still miss seeing other rider "ghosts"??  
XBL: N/A
PSN: SSX-WIN or gold-fingers_007
No, you didn't get carried away. These are all very good ideas. I wish the developers do put these ideas into the possibly next-gen video games.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone else still miss seeing other rider "ghosts"??  
PSN: martymcflyy85
That.....was awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone else still miss seeing other rider "ghosts"??  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
And then there are those of that also play on xbox and can see each other and fucking love 321's . I have tried to get into doing 321's on PS but shit just isn't as fun. While most of Claws's pitch sounds fucking fabulous, we do in fact live in the real world. *insert 'long drawn out explanation of how the industry works' here* and with that i take my leave.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]