Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:08 pm  Post subject: Best way to rack up credits  
Gravitude MVP
Hey guys - Picked this game up a bit late and now I'm grinding out getting all my characters maxed out. I get about 75k credits per race win but at this pace it will take *forever* to rack up the credits I need. What are good methods to rack up credits?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Best way to rack up credits  
XBL: N/A
PSN: SSX-WIN or gold-fingers_007
Hello 007,

Your best bet would be the global events online. Global events are 6-12 hour long daily events at each mountain. Once the time runs out on a global event you get as much credits as the bracket you qualified in. Once you payed entry fee into a global event, you can retry indefinitely, even if you leave and come back. High roller global events can net you up to around 50-60 million credits, depending on the amount of people that entered. Note that to receive 50 million credits you have to pay a 5 million credit entry fee, and place in the diamond bracket. It is advisable that you do some free global events to see where you stand before you start paying for entry.

Once you feel you have a sufficient amount of credits, you can place geotags. Geotags net you exp. and credits, so they are crucial to leveling your characters.

I have a lot of credits, so if you need some, send a FR to gold-fingers_007 (Yes, I know) and I'll set up some custom events so you can win some of my credits off me. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Best way to rack up credits  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
There a couple of ways:

Placing Geo Tags - Legendary or Epic give you a lot. At level 15 the legendary one are 500+k a pop. You can grind the shop to build up a stash, but you have to exit the setup screen and pop over to a new track to get it to refresh. This can be kind of annoying.

Collecting Geo tags: I have like 20-30 level 15 Legendary ones just sitting around and I have all my characters at 15, so I don't need them for anything. If you on are PS we can setup a time and I can drop them for you.

Global Events - Diamond scores give you 200k per run. If there are 10+ people in the event then any subsequent diamond score will give you 200k. If there are less than 10 people then you have to beat your previous score to get 200k. The payout for gold and platinum is still better then anything in explorer. You should be playing these anyway as they really are the only good way to build a descent stash of credits and if you want Level 15 gear then you are going to need them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Best way to rack up credits  
Gravitude MVP
Thanks for the replies! :china
Few questions -
Do you need XBL Gold to compete in Global Events?
I suppose you place geotags in Global Events, no?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Best way to rack up credits  
PSN: CurryBrace
You'll need Gold for Global Events, yeah.
Geotags can be placed anywhere, any time. Put them in places nobody will look (such as the bottom of death traps) so they'll expire and net you the highest amount of credits and exp. possible.

Last time I played Global Events weren't that great at getting you money. I don't know if this has changed, but it was common for most GEs to have only 10 to 15 riders, and a very narrow selection of events to choose from. Geotags are my favorite way to earn money; I place three Geotags for each of my four favorite characters a day to level them up and get tons of money. That takes about ten minutes a day and after about three days is when you'll see your money coming back in. Soon you should have as much money as you'll ever need to buy mods and gear to crush your friends' scores.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Best way to rack up credits  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
CurryBrace wrote:
You'll need Gold for Global Events, yeah.
Geotags can be placed anywhere, any time. Put them in places nobody will look (such as the bottom of death traps) so they'll expire and net you the highest amount of credits and exp. possible.

Last time I played Global Events weren't that great at getting you money. I don't know if this has changed, but it was common for most GEs to have only 10 to 15 riders, and a very narrow selection of events to choose from. Geotags are my favorite way to earn money; I place three Geotags for each of my four favorite characters a day to level them up and get tons of money. That takes about ten minutes a day and after about three days is when you'll see your money coming back in. Soon you should have as much money as you'll ever need to buy mods and gear to crush your friends' scores.

You get max credits just for placing a tag. The amount of money depends on if it was found and how much time as past since you placed. The pay out is crap unless you have an endless supply of Legendary and Epic tags. Global events will pay out 40M plus for the high roller events if can get diamond and there are usually at least 2 a day per mode.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Best way to rack up credits  
Gravitude MVP
Sorry if this is a dumb question but if I'm doing Explore not on XBL Gold and place geotags how does someone else look for them?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Best way to rack up credits  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
007 wrote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but if I'm doing Explore not on XBL Gold and place geotags how does someone else look for them?

im not sure for Xbox but on PS3, you cant even select any Geotags if you are not signed in.

and yea, just go on Freeride and keep going down the mountain collecting/placing Geotags. thats the quick way for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Best way to rack up credits  
PSN: CurryBrace
Pemdas82 wrote:
You get max credits just for placing a tag. The amount of money depends on if it was found and how much time as past since you placed. The pay out is crap unless you have an endless supply of Legendary and Epic tags. Global events will pay out 40M plus for the high roller events if can get diamond and there are usually at least 2 a day per mode.

The payout is really quite good as long as nobody finds your Geotags, you'll always make a profit that way. Since not a lot of people Geotag hunt it's unlikely your Geotags will be found as long as they're placed in places people don't want to go (like off cliffs or off the map).

Global Events will pay out a whole lot more if you meet the criteria of 1) having a lot of credits already and 2) being really good at the game. Since there aren't a lot of GEs that are cheap (10,000-100,000 credits), if you don't have a lot of money, you're much more likely to only play one or two GEs a day for a week or two trying to keep your money flow constant, where as with Geotags you will essentially double your investment after it expires.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]