Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:27 am  Post subject: Mods  
PSN: Why_So_Ninja122
Am I the only one that never uses mods? Also I just stop trying to use mods because for some reason I never figured out how to pick my mods. And it seems like nothing has changed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:04 am  Post subject: Re: Mods  
There's really not much point in using mods if you aren't trying to break records. If you're just having a fun time then you wouldn't need to ever use any.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:34 am  Post subject: Re: Mods  
Yeah but When I am trying to break record I cant figure out how to pick the right mods is their like a way you pick them?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Mods  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
In trick events I use Mac on a level 10 legendary trick board (with ETT) .... I noticed a while ago that if I add a level 15 trick mod I scored higher.

As far as speed/ boost mods go .... the juries kind of out. 3 legendary boost mods and a legendary speed mod can add something to the mix ... but only at lower levels imo.
At level 15 there is no need for any mods at all (imo).

Wingsuit mods can be handy (again at lower levels). And the gear mods will increase the length of time your gear lasts (on a survive it run) .... but if I'm embarking on a serious survive it run .... then 4 legendary rewind mods are the best mods of all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Mods  
Yeah I was angry at my self because I was doing the death zone survival which is my favorite survive it. But I didnt use any mods and by the time I got to the 33.254.15 Mark my wingsuit couldnt carry me across a jump so I just feel straight down. I barley mess up on death zone so there was no need for me to use rewind mods but just in case I had a rewind suit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Mods  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
I really only play trick it, but I use a 2 boost mods because you can get to tricky faster. I really only use two because I have the slots. I use one Trick multiplier because hero showed that using more doesn't do shit(infact it can hurt) and I use one trick mod mostly just because I have a 4th slot, but sometimes it feels like spin faster with it. I really can't tell if the trick mod does anything with level 15 gear, but it is REALLY noticeable if you use low level gear like in a restricted GE.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Mods  
Well I mostly play race and sometimes survive it but when I play race and I am board racing I over kill it by putting 4 boost mods or I do 3 boost mods and a speed mod and my mods on survive varys from what slope im doing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Mods  
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #3
PSN: Morten_W_91
I am currently working on a mods and perks tutorial, and I'm most likely done with it within 2 weeks.
Hopefully, many of your question about mods and perks will be answered in this tutorial.

Why_So_Ninja122 wrote:
Yeah but When I am trying to break record I cant figure out how to pick the right mods is their like a way you pick them?

- For survive it, you should aim for the rewind mods, they are most important. With 4 mod slots, you can get in total 18 rewind mods (including the suit with extra rewinds perk)
- For race it (lvl 15), if you use a character with both character perks in speed and rocket (and tricks, f.ex Griff), you don't need any speed/rocket/(trick) mods. But then you should always have the boost bonus perk and the extra tricky time perk on you.
- For trick it, it's the same as race it when it comes to the regular mods.
(This is done by pervious testings, but need to be confirmed); If you have both suit and board with the trick bonus perk, then the trick multiplier mods won't be necessary.

Why_So_Ninja122 wrote:
Yeah I was angry at my self because I was doing the death zone survival which is my favorite survive it. But I didnt use any mods and by the time I got to the 33.254.15 Mark my wingsuit couldnt carry me across a jump so I just feel straight down. I barley mess up on death zone so there was no need for me to use rewind mods but just in case I had a rewind suit.

I have not done any detailed testings on wingsuit mods. I don't use wingsuit mods, but I still get among top 5 with the wingsuit. With lvl 15 (Elise), I dont feel that they do anything, and I think that all the regular mods (including the gear mods) works the same way, prove me if I'm wrong. When I got 65 000 meters on Death Zone, 9 months ago, I didn't use wingsuit mods at all like you.

More detailed info about mods and perks and other kinds of important info will come in the tutorial.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Mods  
I am going to try the death zone again later but thanks for the help and I will be looking forward to the video :D f

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:24 am  Post subject: Re: Mods  
PSN: Nick_Bester
Morten wrote:
I am currently working on a mods and perks tutorial, and I'm most likely done with it within 2 weeks.
Hopefully, many of your question about mods and perks will be answered in this tutorial.

Why_So_Ninja122 wrote:

- For survive it, you should aim for the rewind mods, they are most important. With 4 mod slots, you can get in total 18 rewind mods (including the suit with extra rewinds perk)
- For race it (lvl 15), if you use a character with both character perks in speed and rocket (and tricks, f.ex Griff), you don't need any speed/rocket/(trick) mods. But then you should always have the boost bonus perk and the extra tricky time perk on you.
- For trick it, it's the same as race it when it comes to the regular mods.
(This is done by pervious testings, but need to be confirmed); If you have both suit and board with the trick bonus perk, then the trick multiplier mods won't be necessary.

Why_So_Ninja122 wrote:

I have not done any detailed testings on wingsuit mods. I don't use wingsuit mods, but I still get among top 5 with the wingsuit. With lvl 15 (Elise), I dont feel that they do anything, and I think that all the regular mods (including the gear mods) works the same way, prove me if I'm wrong. When I got 65 000 meters on Death Zone, 9 months ago, I didn't use wingsuit mods at all like you.

More detailed info about mods and perks and other kinds of important info will come in the tutorial.

Waiting Patiently!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:34 am  Post subject: Re: Mods  
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #3
PSN: Morten_W_91
Nick_Bester wrote:
Waiting Patiently!! :D

Sry for the delay, have been buzy with work lately. I'll try to get it down as soon as possible.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]