Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 pm  Post subject: Character specific playlists (idea)  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
I was just messing around with my 'race', 'trick' and 'survive' playlists and while those divisions are good i had the idea of character specific playlists.

Say i have a heavy rock song in my race it playlist but im playing as kaori. It just doesnt fit so how about creating playlists specific to each character.

We would upload our own tracks and from here we could set our rock songs to psymon and zoe, then hip hop songs to mac, indie songs to tane etc...

Its just a thought. It could help give the characters some extra personality. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Character specific playlists (idea)  
Don't see any reason why not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Character specific playlists (idea)  
I love this idea. :yes Music and the characters' personalities are two huge parts of the series and combining them would enhance both a ton, so it makes perfect sense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Character specific playlists (idea)  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
Lets hope Batty and the SSX team give us an update! I've been waiting for a LONG time! :lol

Nice idea CurryKing! :) I definitely agree with you!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Character specific playlists (idea)  
PSN: CurryBrace
That's a pretty good idea. Right now I've got about 80 songs I use in Trick Its and Race Its and 20 I use in Survive Its, but doing something like that would be a fun way to organize the various types of music I use. Then again, making lists is always fun for me so I'd probably do this even if it were never a game implementation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Character specific playlists (idea)  
PSN: martymcflyy85
I actually was thinking the same thing when I was making my playlists as the game was coming out. I love the custom playlist feature and I think it would be very cool if we could actually implement it as character specific in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Character specific playlists (idea)  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I stated this idea ages ago and got shot down in flames. ¬_¬

Mostly because people started bitching they didn't want to listen to certain types of music when they were playing with one character but obviously you could still customise it.

I've been supportive of this since I thought of it. I think it'd be totally appropriate to have Japanese stuff for Kaori, Hip Hop for Mac, Thrash metal for Psymon. It gives everyone way more character. I hated it in SSX3 when Psymon would ask for like stupid chill out dance hits when he's a Napalm Death and Slayer fan. Just no.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:28 am  Post subject: Re: Character specific playlists (idea)  
PSN: jonipooon
NA wrote:
I stated this idea ages ago and got shot down in flames. ¬_¬

Mostly because people started bitching they didn't want to listen to certain types of music when they were playing with one character but obviously you could still customise it.

I remember this. :lol People didn't get this whole idea of a customizable playlist, it was like being back with the mobile phone critics of the 80's who said stuff like "No way the mobile phone is going to stay... who wants to walk on the street and talk on the phone anyway??". Lol. :lol I'm sure I was on your side though NA.

My suggestions:
Click to reveal hidden content: show
One suggestion for Kaori:

One suggestion for Psymon:

One suggestion for Tane:

One suggestion for Elise:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Character specific playlists (idea)  
PSN: martymcflyy85
I like that one for Elise, I added it to my playlist.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]