Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 am  Post subject: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
PSN: duck_fin_soup
Hey Y'all,
It's been a while since I checked in but just put SSX back on and found all these new features including 3-2-1-GO. Yeah, alright, it's been an age since I last turned on the PS3. Anyhow, just went looking for a true multiplayer race and there was just no one - and I mean no-one - playing the 3-2-1-GO races. Am I to late to the party? Any of you guys doing regular private sessions I could get involved with? My SSX bug has returned!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:39 am  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
You have to pick your time... but I'm surprised there's no one on now - should be peak time.
In the afternoons (uk time) there's usually a couple of events with between 5 and 30 people on. Sth like that anyway.
You were just a bit unlucky ..... 321 is still popular. Have another go in a while.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
Are you guys PS3 or Xbox? Was thinking about getting gold for a month on xbox to play some 3-2-1, but not sure what the traffic is like these days. Did they ever put featured wingsuit events in rotation?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
^ wingsuit events are scarce on 321... but u can create yr own easily enough if u get some friends onboard.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
PSN: duck_fin_soup
Hey Todd I'm on ps3 - there was one 3-2-1 race in Siberia with one other player on it - can't remember which course now. All the rest had none.

Loads on tricks, which I had a go in - and was real fun - but fancied some racing you know? Thanks for the insight Chrome, I'll keep checking in regularly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
We're gearing up for the 1 year birthday party this weekend, for some mad 3-2-1 action. Stay tuned to the chat and online to play with peeps.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I fired up the game last week I think it was, but there was next to no one on. Sad really but not surprising.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 am  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
duck_fin_soup wrote:
Hey Todd I'm on ps3 - there was one 3-2-1 race in Siberia with one other player on it - can't remember which course now. All the rest had none.

Loads on tricks, which I had a go in - and was real fun - but fancied some racing you know? Thanks for the insight Chrome, I'll keep checking in regularly.

Thanks for the info. Trick is what I do most on 3-2-1 if my Merq wingsuit friends are not flying at the time, so if trick still has people at times I might renew for a month.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:36 am  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
PSN: SledDawg_KR
duck_fin_soup wrote:
Hey Y'all,
It's been a while since I checked in but just put SSX back on and found all these new features including 3-2-1-GO. Yeah, alright, it's been an age since I last turned on the PS3. Anyhow, just went looking for a true multiplayer race and there was just no one - and I mean no-one - playing the 3-2-1-GO races. Am I to late to the party? Any of you guys doing regular private sessions I could get involved with? My SSX bug has returned!

Hey Duck--glad you had a "bug" and returned to the game! There is AMOST ALWAYS one Trick and one Race 3-2-1 GO! event happening at any one time--usually, these will be denoted as "most popular", but if you search around, you can sometimes find other 3-2-1 events happening outside of the "most popular" ones. 3-2-1 was a fantastic addition to SSX, as you can now drop simultaneously with others getting their "SSX fix" on. Generally, 3-2-1 GO Trick events edge out Race events in popularity.
See you on the slopes!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
As an additional note .... I played a few 321s today and noticed that I could see ALL the other riders (both trick and race)... can't remember when this last happened... but they were all there.
Maybe a fluke but maybe sth changed?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
PSN: TaysteChampion
chromemaps wrote:
As an additional note .... I played a few 321s today and noticed that I could see ALL the other riders (both trick and race)... can't remember when this last happened... but they were all there.

Same here! At the time I thought wow this is awesome, there goes RadicalPlayer! We must be on the same server! But then I realized I could see everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
The fact that we see each other all the time again is also resulting in more glitches such as the fact that the timer counts into the negative numbers now...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:01 am  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
chromemaps wrote:

WOW--this is a rare occurence, indeed! Must have been like old times being able to see all riders on the course. Sadly, this was NOT the case for me when I played yesterday. Visibility of other riders was sporadic, as usual--never more than 2 other riders visible for me :glare .
I'm pretty sure nothing has been changed, I think you were fortunate in that all 3-2-1 servers were "magically aligned" in your favor and you were able to see all other riders. One downside to having all riders visible, is that you do tend to run into "glitchy" situations: i.e. timer running backward momentarily, etc. --a smal prce to pay for such epic awesomeness!!
Count yourself LUCKY if you are ever abe to see all other riders :D
See you on the slopes!

Last edited by kfarrowatl on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:19 am  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
PSN: TaysteChampion
On Don't Make Me I could see 2 other riders, but the other tracks I played yesterday it was just 1 other rider.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:39 am  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
kfarrowatl wrote:
chromemaps wrote:

WOW--this is a rare occurence, indeed! Must hve been like old times beig able to see all riders on the course. Sadly, this was NOT the case for me when I played yesterday. Visibility of other riders was sporadic, as usual--never more than 2 other riders visible for me :glare .
I'm pretty sure nothing has been changed, I think you were fortunate in that all 3-2-1 servers were "magically aligned" in your favor and you were able to see all other riders. One downside to having all riders visible, is that you do tend to run into "glitchy" situations: i.e. timer running backward momentarily, etc. --a smal prce to pay for such epic awesomeness!!
Count yourself LUCKY if you are ever abe to see all other riders :D
See you on the slopes!

:lol yeah - its 'business as usual' today..... sporadic sightings of other riders. Never mind - I shall treasure the memory of yesterday's session. One day I hope to tell my grandchildren about it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
XBL: Dabusuteppu
I think people are just afraid to lose without having 8 hours to post one good time. (or score.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:21 am  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
Did we get any info from the EA guys about this 'not seeing eachother bug'?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:09 am  Post subject: Re: Late to the party 3-2-1-GO!  
Pssymon wrote:
Did we get any info from the EA guys about this 'not seeing eachother bug'?

Short answer: the sporadic nature of rider visibility is based on the fact that multiple servers now operate the 3-2-1 GO! events. Orginally, when the 3-2-1 mode launched back in August 2012 there was a single server (everyone could see everyone else). Since additional servers have been added to the mix, rider visbility has suffered. :frusty
I once told a SSX friend that "the day rider visibility went AWOL, is the day the 'heart' of SSX (2012) took a huge hit." Most riders today don't even realize that there was once a day when you could see all other riders during a 3-2-1 drop! It's true, these first few weeks of 3-2-1 were amazing! Sadly, now what we get is "I might see someone on this drop, but most likely, I wont."
Currently there has been no "official" word from EA on this problem, because I don't think they really view it so much as a problem, but more as a necessary evil in order to operate the 3-2-1 mode from multiple servers. Don't expect any 'fixes' soon.
IMHO, 3-2-1 is STILL the best thing that ever happened to SSX (2012), despite this seemingly-unavoidable 'glitch'. :yes
Happy Brthday SSX (2012)
See you on the slopes!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]