Switch to full style
Forum to discuss the upcoming entry in the SSX series
Post a reply

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 am

Ok - we all know that boards have perks

BOARD PERKS
--------------
High level boards (typically Legendary rank) may have their own unique Perks
that add additional bonuses to your character.

* SPEED BONUS (preorder boards feature "More Speed")
* BOOST BONUS (preorder boards feature "More Boost")
* TRICK BONUS (preorder boards feature "More Tricks")
* MORE TRICKY TIME
* MORE REWINDS

from the faq

BUT - has anyone ever seen a board with a rewind perk?? ... i've been playing this game 11 months and i've not seen one.
Morten mentioned to me that it might be level 10 legendary only.

Please say if you've seen a legendary board with rewind perk....
& I would like to see a screenshot too if poss :china

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:42 am

No response (yet) .... ok ..... well maybe that's because boards with rewind perk DON"T exist.
If it does then its very elusive.

I just set up a level 10 survive it GE and then spent half an hour (and over 1bn credits) searching for a board with rewind perk. I got all the other legendary boards with perks multiple times (boost/ trick/ ETT)..... but NO rewind perk.
I bought about 1000 boards!

So........ ?

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:32 am

I am pretty sure they don't exist. I have never seen one and apparently no one else has either. I never seen a board with a speed perk either. Only Boost, Trick, Extra Tricky. I think Mac and Eddie have boards that actually say More Tricks, but those are low level and part of the unique gear each character has, so if there is one it would probably be one of those gear items that you can't sell.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:38 am

Pemdas82 wrote:I am pretty sure they don't exist. I have never seen one and apparently no one else has either. I never seen a board with a speed perk either. Only Boost, Trick, Extra Tricky. I think Mac and Eddie have boards that actually say More Tricks, but those are low level and part of the unique gear each character has, so if there is one it would probably be one of those gear items that you can't sell.

I´ve never seen any boards with speed perks and none with rewind perks

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:07 am

I kbelive some of the characters has a "signature board" with the perk "more speed"???

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:07 am

Hmm....if this is true, I need to take it out of the FAQ. You guys confirming that there are no speed perks on these boards?

Gimme a yes and I'll do a final update on the FAQ, include some stuff I should have a while ago and take out that blurb.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 am

Yes - like GF just said - some character signature boards have 'more speed' or 'better tricks' perk... but there is NO speed perk on any other board.... and definitely NO rewind perks either

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:17 am

^^Yup I also belive this is true :) Althou I haven't played SSX since November I think(since the last tourney) and have forgotten a couple of things I'm quite sure what your saying Chrome is fact :D

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:19 am

GeeFunk2010 wrote: I haven't played SSX since November
:jawdrop

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:25 am

chromemaps wrote:
GeeFunk2010 wrote: I haven't played SSX since November
:jawdrop

It's true. First I got hooked on DisHonored for a while and then Rainbow Moon, And march 3. SimCity and Tomb Raider gets released so it doesn't look like ima gonna play it for a while more

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:32 am

chromemaps wrote:Yes - like GF just said - some character signature boards have 'more speed' or 'better tricks' perk... but there is NO speed perk on any other board.... and definitely NO rewind perks either

Good, I'll clarify this. :china Thanks for the update and caring about the accuracy of the FAQ.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:55 am

I checked my boards. There are some special level 6 boards which have special attributes
Zoe, Eddy and Mac have "better tricks"
Elise has "more speed"
For the other riders either they have "more boost" attributes or they don´t own a special level 6 board (I´m not sure maybe I sold some of them)

But I´ve never seen any Level 15 boards that have other perks than boost bonus or trick bonus or more tricky time.
Has anybody really seen a level 15 board with speed bonus?
Last edited by erukiyt5543ec on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Good, all the more clarification the better - I will clarify that the Speed Bonus is only on preorder boards.

I have also added some guides from Don that I never got around to adding. Anything else wrong on the guide?

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm

Sorry to bump but there is no "More Rewinds" board however there IS a "More Rewinds" Suit if you didn't know! I have one with Lv 13 Tane...
Post a reply