Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:03 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

How useful/helpful was this difficulty chart?
Poll ended at Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:08 pm
Very Helpful 58%  58%  [ 11 ]
Helpful 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Somewhat Helpful 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Borderline 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Somewhat Unhelpful 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Unhelpful 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Very Unhelpful 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 pm  Post subject: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
XBL: FOG Holy
This my original SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart! It separates each of the runs by mountain and region, and describes their length, gear recommended/needed, and it also describes the courses themselves.

The way I rank the courses (Safe, Risky, Dangerous) is based on the natural hazards and the overall possibility of surviving based on the factors of this course. Slamming into a random tree while tricking off of the Alaskan Pipeline or something doesn't immediately make the course risky, as you don't die. Slamming into a tree on an armored-required course where death is possible, then that's an example of a risky course. Burnout being dangerous isn't mostly because of the terrain, but because of the frustration of trying to get down while managing oxygen. After all, it is a Deadly Descent

The chart is 100% done. If you notice any mistakes or you have any disagreements, reply back to me anytime.

Also: I have literally no rivalries or friends who play SSX, so I would love to have some. Always send me a friend request if you want some competition.

Thanks a lot, and I hope you enjoy :)
*LEAVE FEEDBACK*
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahm0Wc3PJ-HRdF9BXzhPdFpOSnM1dm1JZldSVEV1SEE#gid=0

Last edited by FOG Holy on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Nice! Thanks dude, very useful. Maybe even useful enough for a site update. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
very helpful indeed :thumbsup
nice job on this, you sir recieve a second thumbs up for this :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
I would say Don't Make Me is safe because there aren't any holes to fall in IIRC? Just gear recommended. I would also put Pan and all of Japan as risky.

Other than those minor disagreements I really enjoyed reading this. It's very useful, good work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:20 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Okay FOG, I have linked to your google spreadsheet from the front page. Good stuff. :china

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Cool! Nice work! :thumbsup

The danger rating depends on ones perspective, but here are my main disagreements:

- Area Zero: Safe. I would class as Risky.

- 99 Assassins: Safe. I would class as Dangerous.

- Home Run: Risky. I would class as Dangerous.

- Root Down: Risky. I would class as Safe.

Instead of putting Ice Axe, Armor, Headlamps and Wingsuit required put recommended instead. Some players prefer no Ice Axe on Ice Axe required tracks. No track in the game requires Wingsuit. It would be silly not to wear Armor on the Armor tracks... so you might keep that as required! But maybe some find it fun to play with no armor?! :shrug :D Keep Thermal as required but you might want to include that the Oxygen Tank is only required on Burnout and Fall from Grace in Survival mode.

I would also call it a danger chart, not a difficulty chart.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
PSN: Clawz114
Good effort. Looks like a very well put together chart.

I wouldn't personally consider it useful though because I know pretty much all the tracks well enough to know how difficult they are (what to expect from them in other words) I feel like this would have been a much more beneficial thing if it was created a short time after the game was released. A lot of people now have mastered the game and are familiar with all the drops.

I'm not hating it by any means though, it looks like you put in a lot of work with this so props for that. Hopefully it will be super helpful to some people (especially some of the new-comers who have just picked the game up)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
TaysteChampion wrote:
Cool! Nice work! :thumbsup

The danger rating depends on ones perspective, but here are my main disagreements:

- Area Zero: Safe. I would class as Risky.

- 99 Assassins: Safe. I would class as Dangerous.

- Home Run: Risky. I would class as Dangerous.

- Root Down: Risky. I would class as Safe.

Instead of putting Ice Axe, Armor, Headlamps and Wingsuit required put recommended instead. Some players prefer no Ice Axe on Ice Axe required tracks. No track in the game requires Wingsuit. It would be silly not to wear Armor on the Armor tracks... so you might keep that as required! But maybe some find it fun to play with no armor?! :shrug :D Keep Thermal as required but you might want to include that the Oxygen Tank is only required on Burnout and Fall from Grace in Survival mode.

I would also call it a danger chart, not a difficulty chart.

Ditto.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
I've made some changes based your feedback and have helped to make it more useful for you guys. Someone also suggested that this could be a "Danger Chart" but not a "Difficulty Chart". Well, whatever you guys think of it is what it is to you.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
I think that this list changes depending on what mode you play. For example, to me Old School is risky from a Trick it perspective. Trying to trick around those pipes is rather difficult. Same goes for J2 and Curnoe's. The god damn trees and bridges can be a bitch if you are off your line a bit. Something like Dreadnought is safe with thermal protection especially with Level 15 gear. I would classify Hush as dangerous. There are plenty of sneaky death pits on that course. Burnout is not risky at all really...perhaps not as safe as FF because there are rocks hiding around, but still safe. Hard Currency is a bitch to trick on. This track is definitely dangerous in my opinion.

What is safe really? Trying to score 150M+ on Serenity is not safe. You can make any track risky or dangerous...though some tracks are never really safe.

I think the real name of this list should be newb friendly...what track are least likely to frustrate a new player. I think there would be more of a generally consensus in that case.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
That was exactly my thoughts, Pemdas, when I wrote that it depends on perspective. If your goal is to hit a certain time or score, anything and everything from trees and rocks to rails become death pits. For non wingsuit racing tracks with a lot of rails and moguls can be especially 'dangerous'. On Burnout the entire central canal effectively becomes a death pit.

FOG Holy wrote:
I've made some changes based your feedback and have helped to make it more useful for you guys. Someone also suggested that this could be a "Danger Chart" but not a "Difficulty Chart". Well, whatever you guys think of it is what it is to you.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! :)

Well, I think Danger chart because it is accurate as a Danger chart :) Difficulty chart would factor a lot more into it... such as mode played etc :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:41 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
PSN: SledDawg_KR
FOG: GREAT reference chart. Certainly easier to scan over when you are trying to decide which drop to do next--as opposed to browsing the globe, which can often be somewhat cumbersome! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
From what I've seen, difficulty is very different depending on the game mode. Examples:
Racing and Tricking on the Rock, Darkness, and Tree DD's and warmups is a son of a bitch, however the Survivals are some of the easiest in the game.
Racing and Tricking on Cold, Air, and Gravity DD's is really easy, but those are the hardest for Survival.

Also, there's major differences between Race+Trick difficulties for tracks like Sentinel and One Step Ahead (easier to race on) and Burnout, Fall From Grace, Pan, and all of Mt. Eddie (easier to trick on).

There's also major differences between the difficulty of racing a track with and without a wingsuit. With a wingsuit tracks like Wrecking Crew, the Rock DD's, and every track in Patagonia become very easy (not necessarily easy to get a good time, easy to complete).

If I made the chart I'd separate it between wingsuit racing, non-wingsuit racing, and tricking.[/2cents]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:33 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Racing and Tricking on the Rock, Darkness, and Tree DD's and warmups is a son of a bitch

I loved the way you put that :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:03 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
Just some copy edit suggestions.

1) Your colors are inconsistent for gear. For easy readability, keep each word in the same color. If red is armor, don't use red for anything else.
2) Ice Axe is recommended on Don't Make Me, not required. Since it's a safe track, there's no danger. Same with Root Down.
3) I would recommend PG over HL on DeathZone. In fact, I'd interchange any HL with PG/HL on nearly every track.
4) Eddie's Peak should be on another line. If each range has it's own full line, the Peak should be on a separate line.

Fantastic job.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Complete Track Difficulty Chart  
Thanks again for all of your feedback! :D
You're helping make this difficulty chart extremely useful and suitable for everybody in the SSX community!

LOOKING FOR SOME MORE SSX RIVALS
Gamertag: FOG Holy

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]