Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:49 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 am  Post subject: Re: SSX New Year's Resolutions  
PSN: TaysteChampion
RadicalPlayer wrote:
Guys...
Click to reveal hidden content: show

hahahahahahh... I noticed right at the end there "TOO EXPENSIVE" xD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 am  Post subject: Re: SSX New Year's Resolutions  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
Hahaha he's so funny i love his look :D Dat face :lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:06 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX New Year's Resolutions  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
TaysteChampion wrote:
crispaholic wrote:
learn how to do trick events properly.....

Yeah... tell me about it... :frusty Steep learning curve to the top.

Tips: hidden in case you don't care.
Click to reveal hidden content: show
Always use 2 button grabs. Typically, you will want to do AYCE or Backbird, but when I am working on getting my multiplier up, I tend use the other ones. They seem easier to execute to me and this part of the run is all about your multiplier not points. Hero does this too, but I don't know his reason.

Get you multiplier to 20 ASAP....this has been said a number of times, but it is important. You can bump your multiplier by more than one in a single trick. Do this until you have a multiplier of 15+ and then just do single tricks for the rest of the run. It takes some time to get the timing right and it changes depending on what level of tricky you are in. Also, never forget to do a grab out of the heli as this adds +1 to multiplier.

Don't just hold down boost the whole time....I had this issue for a while. Believe it or not boost management is important for trick it just not in the same way it is for racing. You can't turn well while boosting, so I never boost until I am already lined up in the direction that i want to go. Still, I only boost right before the jump. If you have a little room before the next big jump you want to do as many ground tricks as you can. Don't boost while you are doing this or won't be able to fit in as many tricks. There are a few exception where if you don't boost you start to lose your flow, but you just have to learn where those are. One spot is on Bulldog at the top of Last to Hit. If you cut to the right though the trees instead of going strait down the wall with rails you have to boost through the trees or your multiplier start to drop. Also, you don't always want to boost before you jump. Sometime it will send you too far down the track and you miss opportunities or you are in a tight spot like a tunnel or narrow passage and you will hit the wall or ceiling if you boost. A perfect example of tricking in a tight spot is Hero's Hush video. There are only a few spots in the whole video where he actually boosts before jumping.

Learn to slow down. This seem weird at first, but you can get going too fast and miss a ton of trick opportunities. A good place to practice this is right at the beginning of Snake Bite. You get crazy speed from the drop into the cave. As soon as you land pull back and slow down almost to a stop. Then you can execute 2-3 ground jumps plus the wall to left before coming up to the first rail. This also isn't a bad place to practice bumping your multiplier by more than 1 in a single trick. With a grab out of the Heli, I can get it up to 5 or 6 plus be in the first level tricky before I land. +2-3 ground jumps and another +3 from tricking off the right wall puts me 10-12 before I hit the first rail. +1 for the rail, +2 for the jump off the rail, +1-2 ground tricks and I am set.

You can trick off pretty much anything...get creative. Walls are your friend.

The hardest part in my opinion is to learn where and when to backtrack up the track. You can't just keep cutting backwards without losing your flow. A typical spot includes landing just after a jump and immediately turning around and tricking off the backside. Really, you just have to take a look at a few master run to see what I mean. Learning how to spot the opportunities is the key. Once you can spot them on a few tracks you start to notice them everywhere.

New Year's Resolution: Stop ignoring One Step Ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:23 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX New Year's Resolutions  
PSN: SledDawg_KR
resolution: try to drag myself away from tricking long enuf to race a few times. this includes joining more 3-2-1 GO! race events.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 am  Post subject: Re: SSX New Year's Resolutions  
PSN: TEAMsteady21
chromemaps wrote:
I don't usually make new year's resolutions - but here is my modest resolution for 2013....

In 2013 I'm going to STOP using the lame and unexciting shortcut to the right of the dam in Mornin Tiger.

Any other SSX resolutions out there?

Beat all his races :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Learn not to make mistakes

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  1, 2