Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:37 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
Pretty sure I played all the way through WT the first day. I knew batty had described it as an extended tutorial so i just ran through it as fast as possible then hit explore HARD. GE's a week or so later. I really don't think it's fair at all to judge the game by that mode alone. :shrug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
PSN: ShoTheEmcee
I'm curious what the number are as far as people who prefer the new game over the original series. I found by the time SSX3 was out, I was burned out on the old Tricky style of SSX. I played 3 at a friends but didn't bother buying it. An SSX that's this fast an outrageous was literally the only thing that could get me back into the series. Considering how packed Ridernet was for a while there, I don't think I was in the minority. Still I'm curious if there are more people like you or more people like me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:18 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
PSN: martymcflyy85
I feel the opposite. I WANTED SO BAD to love this new SSX, but it just wasn't the same as the older games. Playing this game did however make me go back and buy a used PS2, just so I could play tricky and 3 again. And to this day, both still hold up for me. The gameplay and speed just feel perfect but today's game feels too fast. I know there are a lot of people who feel the same way as me, but I also know there is a good amount of people who like the faster speed. I hope if there is another sequel that they give you options on speed (slow, normal, fast). Kind of like how they do in Madden. That way everyone is happy. Either way, even if the gameplay remains the same if they just bring back more of the attitude of the older games I think they'll gain more favor from people like me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:11 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
XBL: klutchlikeaboss
PSN: tbatez
This new SSX game I have had for almost a year now and i haven't really been on it too much. I thought that most of my gaming time would be devoted to playing it, but I slowly have lost interest in it. I believe there is a lot of good interesting cool features, and i also realize that for companies these days to be successful in creating video games need to break with tradition. But i feel that the core of SSX is racing, its about going down a hill racing as fast as u can, taking tight corners and being close to other riders. That is what i liked most about the previous versions, and i feel that experience is completely missing in the new game. Every time I start a race i find myself at the bottom of a crevasse somewhere and trying to rewind and get around it while the CPU's fly by me and i have no chance to catch up so i have to restart and do it all over again. I remember the developers before the game came out explained they had an amazing physics system where you could trick off of everything, what they didn't explain was that the physics system is rendered useless because you will just end up in a crevasse 80% of the time after attempting to trick off of something. I feel like they nailed the survive part of the game probably the most fun I have with it, but i feel like they just totally forgot about racing just doesn't make any sense. There is soo much right with this game but at the same time a huge chunk of SSX is missing. I really hope if there is to be another game they focus on racing.

Check out my sick GoPro Snowboarding vids ---- http://www.youtube.com/user/tbatez?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:41 am  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
PSN: Clawz114
martymcflyy85 wrote:
The gameplay and speed just feel perfect but today's game feels too fast. I know there are a lot of people who feel the same way as me, but I also know there is a good amount of people who like the faster speed.

I remember the thread full of people desperate for the devs to go beyond level 11 and keep increasing the speed. Once you are used to the speed, you don't realise just how much faster it is than Tricky and 3. I don't have a problem with the current speed you can travel at, but I do think the flips, tricks and rotations are a little too fast.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:04 am  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
I WANNA GO FASTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:47 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
MacsimousOwnag3 wrote:
Every time I start a race i find myself at the bottom of a crevasse somewhere and trying to rewind and get around it while the CPU's fly by me and i have no chance to catch up so i have to restart and do it all over again.

Ummmm .... not every track has crevasses :no

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:12 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
PSN: martymcflyy85
Clawz114 wrote:
I remember the thread full of people desperate for the devs to go beyond level 11 and keep increasing the speed. Once you are used to the speed, you don't realise just how much faster it is than Tricky and 3. I don't have a problem with the current speed you can travel at, but I do think the flips, tricks and rotations are a little too fast.

You know what, I think you are right. Its not so much the speed. But its the tricks and the rotations being too fast. Or maybe too easy is a better word. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:51 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
PSN: SAMMYT93
martymcflyy85 wrote:
Clawz114 wrote:

You know what, I think you are right. Its not so much the speed. But its the tricks and the rotations being too fast. Or maybe too easy is a better word. :)

I don't know about too easy but tehy are definately too fast, I like to be able to see waht my character is doing but at times the speed you reach means that you cant actually make out what the character is doing with the board whilst in the air.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:10 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
sammyt93 wrote:
martymcflyy85 wrote:
Clawz114 wrote:

I don't know about too easy but tehy are definately too fast, I like to be able to see waht my character is doing but at times the speed you reach means that you cant actually make out what the character is doing with the board whilst in the air.

yall obviously haven't played the game enough to know that you can stop in mid air, hold a trick. switch tricks, stop a spin. continue a spin, switch the direction, just fucking hold a pose....... to STYLE is what SSX has always been about and you can style in this one like NONE OTHER.

*BOWS* Over and out.

EDIT: Guess I wasn't done.
maybe you just don't like pushing a lot of buttons :shrug This game is really not an easy lay. It is a hard ass beast. As I have stated many many times before. I applaud this relaunch.

Last edited by minn on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:40 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
That doesn't quite change the issue at hand. No matter how much you stop or change direction or mess around, you won't be able to rotate, trick, and see simultaneously. Regardless, I don't think anyone should have to fiddle with their controller/game to achieve something that's always been involuntary.

SSX3 was incredibly stylish when it came to rotations. You could stall, invert, go off-axis...having a stall option in 2012 would have been great, given the spin speed. I'd love to see stuff like that with 2012's improved axes.

As far as ground speeds go, I feel that they were all appropriate for their respective games, I guess because the tracks were all built with each game's speed in mind. So, that being said, I can't say I even care about ground speed all that much as long as the tracks are proportional.

Last edited by citylights on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:10 am  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
I am not quite following what you are saying city (could just be that i am hungover) but nonetheless it is good to see you!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:16 pm  Post subject: Re: It took a while...  
PSN: Clawz114
I still want a first person camera view just to take part in some nauseating trick competitions. Racing would be quite fun too actually.

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  1, 2