Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - BROKE 10,000 LEADERBOARD RECORDS!  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
MdX MaxX wrote:
chromemaps wrote:
Not my own scoreboard - that's fine ..... i'm talking about this -

"Scoreboards
A list of all the tracks where you can view cross-platform scoreboards from around the globe"

you click on that on the homepage and it links to all the ranges and the tracks / race/ trick etc....
when i try to view a track (any of them) - it comes up with a blank screen that says "oops you broke it".

I'm getting this as well. I hope I'm not somehow breaking every page. :lol

Other than that, WinonaNET looks spectacular! :cheers

Nobody that has this problem has submitted a screenshot yet, so I can't help them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - BROKE 10,000 LEADERBOARD RECORDS!  
MdX MaxX wrote:
chromemaps wrote:
Not my own scoreboard - that's fine ..... i'm talking about this -

"Scoreboards
A list of all the tracks where you can view cross-platform scoreboards from around the globe"

you click on that on the homepage and it links to all the ranges and the tracks / race/ trick etc....
when i try to view a track (any of them) - it comes up with a blank screen that says "oops you broke it".

I'm getting this as well. I hope I'm not somehow breaking every page. :lol

Other than that, WinonaNET looks spectacular! :cheers

Nobody that has this problem has submitted a screenshot yet, so I can't help them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:45 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
XBL: MdX MaxX
Even better than a screenshot:

(I swear I'm not retarded but I don't see the [Debug] button lol.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:02 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
^ yeah nice one MaxX ... thats what I was talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:03 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
I don't have any zeros anymore and my scores show up correctly on the score page for each track, but the certificate link is still not showing the right score.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:46 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
chromemaps wrote:
Scoreboards - A list of all the tracks where you can view cross-platform scoreboards from around the globe

Fixed

Pemdas82 wrote:
but the certificate link is still not showing the right score
Still Broken
It is showing ONE OF YOUR scores, it's just not always showing your BEST score.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:22 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
Thanks! :china

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
XBL: MdX MaxX
ticklemeozmo wrote:
chromemaps wrote:
Scoreboards - A list of all the tracks where you can view cross-platform scoreboards from around the globe

Fixed

:thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:28 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
XBL: Bildi
Just came to see if ozmonet tracks custom GEs - and it does. :eek Amazing.

And... I've dropped down some brackets. Better get back to them. :gameboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:43 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
Bildi wrote:
Just came to see if ozmonet tracks custom GEs - and it does. :eek Amazing.

I was surprised and impressed by this as well! I noticed this just a few minutes ago ironically as I was checking it out myself. Very cool!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:49 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
Bump, plus a question. Why are there multiple platform string identifiers (PSN/PS3, XBL/XBOX)? Makes it impossible to sort the best records by platform.

Not a big deal, really, just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:10 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
Abaddon wrote:
Why are there multiple platform string identifiers (PSN/PS3, XBL/XBOX)? Makes it impossible to sort the best records by platform.
In one feed, the system identifiers are listed as PSN/XBL, in another feed, they are listed as PS3/XBOX. There's no consistency in the API. #blamebatty.

Besides, that defeats the POINT of a Cross-Platform scoreboard. :frusty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Abaddon wrote:
Besides, that defeats the POINT of a Cross-Platform scoreboard. :frusty

Not really, it doesn't defeat the POINT of a scoreboard if you sort them backwards, does it? It's just a sorting option. It's definitely not a big deal though.

It'd be nice if you converted them all to one string identifier for each platform, interesting to know it's the feed that does it.

PS: Unfair to blame it on Batty, clearly he doesn't actually do any work other than trolling us, right? :battyyes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:24 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
I just found another good use of WinonaNET.

I was going to join greatsinster's Curnoe's Moustache Global Event for 100m, but I couldn't see anyone's times, so I didn't know if I'd be losing money or not.

Enter WinonaNET, find greatsinister, click on the Curnoe's Moustache event, see that I'd place nowhere near the top, and save myself the drop fee!

Thanks WinonaNET!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
It's kinda hard to tell anything when it looks like this

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:55 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
PSN: TheEvilPengy
1st time using this and I've got to say mighty impressed...

Cant beat that feeling when you're in the top 10 for the majority of trick explore events :P

And then also seeing Hero double your score on Fro with the Flow, seriously 214 MILL :eek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:27 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - New VERSUS Mode! Compare Against Your Rival!  
Directly Compete Against Your Rival!

https://ssx.ozmonet.com/versus (Login Required)

This is just a first rough draft. I'd like to do more, but my time is limited at this point. Enjoy what you have.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - New VERSUS Mode! Compare Against Your Rival!  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Really awesome feature!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:10 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - New VERSUS Mode! Compare Against Your Rival!  
PSN: new one - PM me
Great feature Ozmo :thumbsup

now i needa update all my records pheww

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:00 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
Pemdas82 wrote:
but the certificate link is still not showing the right score
FIXED

Finally, I know.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who supported the project, and stuck with it through the issues.

The project will stay up as long as I can keep it up, however, at some point in time, the site will move to http://ssx.ozmonet.com (note there is no "s" after http), as the SSL certificate will expire. Also, I'm not going away, I just wanted to reflect on the project as it's winding up to it's finish (meaning I won't be adding more features).

My main goal was to provide a free service to everyone. It started as a way to keep track of my current global events, and ended up with this! Secondarily, was to dive back into programming. I learned a lot with this project, and hopefully the next SSX will have a real API (#blamebatty) as I definitely want to try this again.

I feel that the biggest problems the site had:
  • was the inability to have a real login because of the problems with EA's Origin Account process
  • Ridernet Scores only being available online if you WERE online (offline scores never posted to ridernet)
  • and the sheer mess that Internet Explorer makes of the web. I hope, at least, I've turned more people on to a REAL browser.

In the meantime, here are the stats since the beginning... | Click to reveal hidden content
Code:
133M   raw cache from ridernet
67M    data sorted and referenced
15M    javascript
2M     images
150K   the site code

Last edited by ticklemeozmo on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:34 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - New VERSUS Mode! Compare Against Your Rival!  
XBL: raw talent
PSN: g0mbl3rr (zero for the o)
ticklemeozmo wrote:
My main goal was to provide a free service to everyone.

Next time slap some ads on there and collect revenue from google. I don't know why Gondee doesn't have pay to click or click to pay ads on merq, banners, etc. Some people make a living via blogging and collecting checks from advertisers. Also consider SEO to boost hits.

Rolling Thunder 3:13 http://www.expresso.net/Rider/Ride/Lap/854195662

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:43 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - CROSS-PLATFORM SCOREBOARD FIXED!  
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Also, I'm not going away, I just wanted to reflect on the project as it's winding up to it's finish (meaning I won't be adding more features).

So - meaning the site will stay online?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:56 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - New VERSUS Mode! Compare Against Your Rival!  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
Thanks a ton for all your efforts. I use your site almost everyday.

I am not sure if this temporary thing or not, but the scores page for any track doesn't seem to load for me at the moment.

Example:

https://ssx.ozmonet.com/scoreboard/thehammer/trick/

It just hangs on the loading page.

Everything else seems to work fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - New VERSUS Mode! Compare Against Your Rival!  
g0mbl3r wrote:
Next time slap some ads on there and collect revenue from google. I don't know why Gondee doesn't have pay to click or click to pay ads on merq, banners, etc. Some people make a living via blogging and collecting checks from advertisers. Also consider SEO to boost hits.
Negative, I hate ads, therefore, I did not want to annoy anyone with ads. I do not make a living with this and I put it on a server I already had, so it really didn't cost me anything extra. I did it for the love of the game. Does that make me a sucker? Sure, but I hope it benefited someone. The next SSX site won't have ads on it either.

chromemaps wrote:
So - meaning the site will stay online?
Yes, for as long as it can.

Pemdas82 wrote:
I am not sure if this temporary thing or not, but the scores page for any track doesn't seem to load for me at the moment.
Temporary issue while I broke some of the code adding in the standard deviation calculations. :/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:39 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - New VERSUS Mode! Compare Against Your Rival!  
XBL: raw talent
PSN: g0mbl3rr (zero for the o)
ticklemeozmo wrote:
g0mbl3r wrote:
Negative, I hate ads, therefore, I did not want to annoy anyone with ads. I do not make a living with this and I put it on a server I already had, so it really didn't cost me anything extra. I did it for the love of the game. Does that make me a sucker? Sure,...

You said it not me. I hate seeing friends lose money. You clearly spent a lot of time on it. Time is money. There are less annoying ways to sell adds beside annoying pop ups or flashing shit. I don't think anyone here would care if you collected a few bucks for your efforts. I'd say the same thing to the people who run merqurycity.com

People watch television. There's ads on that. People don't get annoyed.

People watch Soccer/BPL. EA Sports uses in game advertising in those events and people don't get annoyed. It's how the world works man. You don't have to make a living from it and then just see it as something like dividends from a stock that grows over time, assuming the site will grow or be back for the next SSX.

Rolling Thunder 3:13 http://www.expresso.net/Rider/Ride/Lap/854195662

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 5 of 11 [ 260 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11