Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:26 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Bildi wrote:
I like the level 1 idea too. :thumbsup

I +1 the Lvl 1 idea too.

Maybe do a Lvl 6 event also, so we can use the Unique Ultimate boards?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:29 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
troll director of stuff and things and smh #YOP
XBL: kingbitty
PSN: king8bitty
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:
Maybe do a Lvl 6 event also, so we can use the Unique Ultimate boards?

Another stellar idea. Good call! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:40 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
+1 to the +1-ing of the lvl1 gear suggestion here as well. The only downside I can see is that the character specific perks will really come in to play now. I expect Racing winners to all be Psymon and Alex, and Trick winners to all be Eddie, Mac and Kaori.
Really, that's not that bad though.

And what about hidden rankings/hidden ghost leaders? Will that feature ever be used?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:45 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Emu90
You know what? I think players who win a challenge should be "banned" from joining another event for 20 mins or more. I think the winners wouldn't mind anyway and it would give the average SSXer a chance to win.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:31 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: MistressWiggle
MrPanic wrote:
kingbitty wrote:
MrPanic wrote:
Not hating on these great ideas for events, but I hope you guys are aware of the fact that a title update is required if you want to continue these events.

Just to be clear, GE menu's are a mess and requires a update in a near future.

Truly?

So if we can't/don't patch the GE menus we should discontinue trying new stuff out using the tools we do have?

It's fine for trying out new stuff, but I will say that throwing new things like that in into a interface that's really isn't made for it will throw some people off the game in the long run. The interface works great for explore as well as it did for the old GE system, but with all the changes it certainly gives off a 'did they even tested this?' kind of vibe, which is enough reason for a lot of casuals to drop a game. The only real reason it works now is because the banners skip most of the process. I won't bore you with talk about usability tests and that nonsense, but I'm pretty sure your in-house testers would agree with me that the GE menu's can be called kinda problematic atm.

I'm not saying you should stop trying new things, please do. But when it's clear how normal GE's and its variations will be run forever a update is pretty much required to accommodate that decision, the current tools may cut it on a technical level but are lacking on a usability level. At least that's my opinion on it.

Usually I don't bother with responses but this irks me, Panic can you be any more overly dramatic and rude? Besides the fact that there really isn't that much wrong with the GE Menus I highly doubt casuals are going to drop out and the menus are gonna throw people off the game. Word your post better, your holier than you attitude stinks, I think EA deserve a little bit more respect than that, there's a way of addressing things in a polite manner. :/

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:37 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: CharterZZ
The new event sounds ok, however we really need something to spend are cedits on, i mean considering once you get to 2 billion credits your game buggs up and you cant play GE's anymore (been like this for nearly a week so far), the last thing you need is more cedits if its gonna bug your game out.

Really wish i could play this weekend, guess ill just have to wait for a fix, and remeber dont go over 2 billion credits or your ruin your game sadly.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:53 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
The Level 1 idea is pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:21 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Clawz114
Bildi wrote:
Might I suggest an 'Everyone's a Winner' weekend where all payouts are doubled and bronze is brought up to parity, minimum. The other day I saw bronze bracket players were losing about 3.5mil per 5mil event. Brutal!

Good idea.

I personally think that bronze riders should get their money back on regular events anyway. Riders who aren't good enough to get past bronze, will quickly lose all their credits and be forced to play free events only which don't pay out very much.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:45 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Nick_Bester
kingbitty wrote:
ÜberMeister wrote:
While I think this is cool I'm a little afraid that it will scare even more players away from Global Events.
I've given the new additions a chance before i've made up my mind. The new "Today's Global Event" and this "King of the mountain", should come in addition to open mountains. A lot of players express their frustrations over this and I can really understand them. They used to like going where ever they wanted, and now that opportunity has been taken away.
I believe the banners is more than enough to get peoples attention to those featured events. So please reopen the rest of the globe while you add this.

We're well aware of this frustration and are working on it. :thumbsup

There is still the earnings glitch that I believe you guys are aware of & hopefully looking into (& working on?)?

For those not in the loop...When your earnings reach around 2.1 Billion, it goes into a negative situation!
I have my "Lifetime Earnings" sitting at -2.0 Billion as a result! Luckily my actual credits are only at 1.8 Billion, but there are guys who have reported their "spend" credits have switched to the negative & they cannot buy items, not 100% sure if that includes buying into GE drop costs?

So running these high stake drop cost events which will inevitably give high payouts, is a recipe for disaster unless they're releaseing a patch while I'm writing this?? :???

BR
Nick

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:42 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Endemism
TrickyEmu wrote:
You know what? I think players who win a challenge should be "banned" from joining another event for 20 mins or more. I think the winners wouldn't mind anyway and it would give the average SSXer a chance to win.

Or some sort of max limit. 5 wins a day, or something like that. Needs some sort of balance, to encourage all players.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:56 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: MrPanic1989
NA wrote:
MrPanic wrote:
kingbitty wrote:
Truly?

So if we can't/don't patch the GE menus we should discontinue trying new stuff out using the tools we do have?

It's fine for trying out new stuff, but I will say that throwing new things like that in into a interface that's really isn't made for it will throw some people off the game in the long run. The interface works great for explore as well as it did for the old GE system, but with all the changes it certainly gives off a 'did they even tested this?' kind of vibe, which is enough reason for a lot of casuals to drop a game. The only real reason it works now is because the banners skip most of the process. I won't bore you with talk about usability tests and that nonsense, but I'm pretty sure your in-house testers would agree with me that the GE menu's can be called kinda problematic atm.

I'm not saying you should stop trying new things, please do. But when it's clear how normal GE's and its variations will be run forever a update is pretty much required to accommodate that decision, the current tools may cut it on a technical level but are lacking on a usability level. At least that's my opinion on it.

Usually I don't bother with responses but this irks me, Panic can you be any more overly dramatic and rude? Besides the fact that there really isn't that much wrong with the GE Menus I highly doubt casuals are going to drop out and the menus are gonna throw people off the game. Word your post better, your holier than you attitude stinks, I think EA deserve a little bit more respect than that, there's a way of addressing things in a polite manner. :/

Only trying to help by giving feedback, not trying to be rude in any way. I can say how awesome I think this game is every other sentence, but I said that enough in other threads and I rather be straight to the point with feedback. Feedback imo has nothing to do with attitude or manners, so don't think I'm trying to be rude when I give it. I already lost some friends I used to play GE's with, I feel that this certainly has to do with the recent changes and the menu's not being compatible with those changes. You might think that menu's won't influence customers, but I can tell from experience that they can have a big impact on the user experience. As I said, there isn't a big issue atm because the banners skip most of them, but I do hope that that's only a temporary fix. Of course it all depends on what they decide to do with GE's in the long run, but I do hope they're working on a way to make it a more streamlined experience within the actual GE menu's.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:10 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
MrPanic wrote:
Feedback imo has nothing to do with attitude or manners

these things are involved ANYTIME you're speaking to another person.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:01 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Clawz114
What's wrong with the menu system anyway? I think it's pretty well polished if you ask me (aside from the laggy Ridernet panel)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:42 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
I've never had any problems at all with the GE menu. Actually, no problems with GE's at all.
Quote:
What's wrong with the menu system anyway?

This ^

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:49 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Clawz114 wrote:
What's wrong with the menu system anyway? I think it's pretty well polished if you ask me (aside from the laggy Ridernet panel)

Agreed. I dont see any problem with the menu.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:03 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: TheEvilPengy
I have no problems with the GE Menu's at all too...

Only menu that bugs me is the main menu because it feels so empty (even with the banner) and bland but that's just me :lol
I can see what Panic is saying though, even though I'm not a casual gamer, poor menu design and layout really annoys me and puts me off playing games some times. But the SSX GE menus are fine and i like the addition of the GE banner on the main menu...

Hopefully these events will boost my credit balance up a notch, haven't really been playing SSX that much since I made the change to PS3

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:31 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: MrPanic1989
whoozwah wrote:
MrPanic wrote:

Still, I don't find being straight to the point rude, especially when it regards feedback. When I ask people for feedback I expect them to be clear about what they think, being critical isn't the same as being rude (necessarily), it's just an clear and effective way of giving feedback. I just assumed that Batty or whoever handles feedback would appreciate it more if I give my feedback in such a manner.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:22 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
this sounds like a lot of fun. definitely some very intense competition. i'll be all over this mess. i'll be the KING.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:25 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: Kaavyn
I don't find the GE menu to be an issue tbh. Maybe just make it more clear where there's an event (like if it's a featured range, put a little star over it on the globe and have it as the default mountain).

But there's no need to completely redo it.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: siredward
I think it is great that Global Events get's tuned even without a patch, but to get more player into Global Events I suggest that we get some filters to toggle between to fast and easy find interesting events. This will work well with a open globe.

On a PS3 we could use the square-button to change the list in the Global Event top menu.

- Time left. (Least time left - most time left)
- Highest Stakes (Higest - Lowest)
- Most Players (Most - fewest)
- Biggest total pot. (Highest - Lowest)
- Friends in events (Least time left - most time left)
- Survive events (Least time left - most time left)
- Trick events (Least time left - most time left)
- Race events (Least time left - most time left)

maybe less, maybe more.

In addition to that I would like that every where in the GE menus always show "Time left" on a event, instead of how long it initially was.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:10 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
MrPanic wrote:
whoozwah wrote:
MrPanic wrote:

Still, I don't find being straight to the point rude, especially when it regards feedback. When I ask people for feedback I expect them to be clear about what they think, being critical isn't the same as being rude (necessarily), it's just an clear and effective way of giving feedback. I just assumed that Batty or whoever handles feedback would appreciate it more if I give my feedback in such a manner.

I understand constructive critism and yes that IS a good thing, being critical is not the same as being rude, but there is no reason on this world to not give critism in a polite and respectful manner while still making a point.

I've said what I wanted to say, in regards to Kav's idea of a star over the drop that would be great, but really when only one or two drops are being used every day now for a global event I really don't see the need, it's easy to tell which are going on by the amount of riders in the mountain range.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:46 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: Quicquidlibet
PSN: SpontaneousFish5 (Never use)
This is awesome. I'll probably be scared and mess up on every jump, even when the highest score is so low, but it sounds good.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:52 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Is this it for Global events this weekend, aside from mount Eddie all the rest are winner takes all. :/

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:50 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Sounds fun and I am definitely in for some trick rounds.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:21 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: murph17
Oooooook then. You guys have fun this weekend. I will save my credits and play explore mode this weekend.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 5 [ 110 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5