Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:06 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:24 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
First events are up, assuming these are to run all day....

New Zealand - Mount Wakefield - Mornin' Tiger - Trick it - 2 million entry fee

Himalayas - Makalu - Fast Forward - Race It - 6 million entry fee

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:07 am  Post subject: Wiinner takes al events  
XBL: Don RJ
OK, the first winner take all event is up.

Well, I will not be competing. Why not you may ask?? Because i am not good enough, sure i can make some decent runs, sometimes a Diamond in a GE but like most players I am not in the elite group of SSXers so would no doubt earn absolutely bugger all in these events.

C`mon, what`s the problem with us good but not great players getting a fair GE reward.

All that will happen is GE`s with no players and a squad of enthusiasts totally disheartened with playing Ge events.

My opinion which i own and if proven wrong I will piss on my own rug.

Don

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:24 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: murph17
I hear ya Don. Same boat here. Just don't go pissing on your own rug - that rug really ties the room together.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:30 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
murph17 wrote:
Oooooook then. You guys have fun this weekend. I will save my credits and play explore mode this weekend.

Are you not playing the non king of the mountain GE's just to protest or something?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:43 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
troll director of stuff and things and smh #YOP
XBL: kingbitty
PSN: king8bitty
NA wrote:
Is this it for Global events this weekend, aside from mount Eddie all the rest are winner takes all. :/

It is just 1 race and 1 trick event each day. The rest are running as usual with the standard bracket system.

So if you enter one and lose you can simply join a different one and earn your credits back. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:50 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
a man with a plan - like it :thumbsup

I'll be playing later - give it a go or three see how it pans out

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:51 am  Post subject: Re: Wiinner takes al events  
troll director of stuff and things and smh #YOP
XBL: kingbitty
PSN: king8bitty
Don RJ wrote:
OK, the first winner take all event is up.

Well, I will not be competing. Why not you may ask?? Because i am not good enough, sure i can make some decent runs, sometimes a Diamond in a GE but like most players I am not in the elite group of SSXers so would no doubt earn absolutely bugger all in these events.

C`mon, what`s the problem with us good but not great players getting a fair GE reward.

All that will happen is GE`s with no players and a squad of enthusiasts totally disheartened with playing Ge events.

My opinion which i own and if proven wrong I will piss on my own rug.

Don

Totally hear you Don, that is why these are just one-off events. There are still plenty of 'regular' events running and we are preparing a new, even broader set for our next tuner pack update.

We also made these events very short. If you can finish in Diamond that puts you in the top 10% of players and should mean you have a chance to win one if you do want to give it a go. If not, please enjoy the other events and stay tuned for our next live update. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:02 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Hope this work day ends soon so I can go play :frusty :P .......

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:19 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Jamescorpio
Woop! 22m for my win... I guess the pot will go up as you guys in the US go online. Not bad for a few minutes work, i feel like Warren Buffet :lol

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:22 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: murph17
I__AM__MINE wrote:
Are you not playing the non king of the mountain GE's just to protest or something?

No, didn't realize the normal GE's were still running. Will hit up some of those and explore like I normally do. As much as I love playing SSX, I lack the "l33t sk1llz" of a lot of you. Playing KOTM event would be a total waste of my credits...and I only have about 10M.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:57 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
murph17 wrote:
I__AM__MINE wrote:

No, didn't realize the normal GE's were still running. Will hit up some of those and explore like I normally do. As much as I love playing SSX, I lack the "l33t sk1llz" of a lot of you. Playing KOTM event would be a total waste of my credits...and I only have about 10M.

My bad dude! I am sorry. I should have asked if you thought those were the only ones... HAVE FUN :D

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: raw talent
PSN: g0mbl3rr (zero for the o)
Played for 12 minutes just now and banged out 70 million on fast forward. My time wasn't even that good like 52 seconds. I'm afraid to earn too many credits because my game might freeze or they might start going negative.

I'd be willing to bet that the average guy that saw the advertisement in fifa12, was subliminally affected, and picked up the game for 30 bucks doesn't know how mods work, doesn't know that mods improve your times, doesn't have a decent racing board or may even be using a trick board to race, doesn't know that holding forward makes you go faster, and will never discover this information because they will never come here and it's not explained in the game.

edit: the next best time or "platinum" was like 1 minute.

Rolling Thunder 3:13 http://www.expresso.net/Rider/Ride/Lap/854195662

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:33 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
The ammount of bragging Batty is doing on twitter is cringe worthy XD

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:28 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i'm so stoked to go home and woop all your asses into shape.

especially you, batty.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:33 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Batty is just secretly playing custom events by himself. He thinks hes the KOTM but hes not really :P

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:06 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: Bildi
I just jumped on but it seems the Winner Takes All are pretty deserted. 1 person on the race repeatedly and topping out at 8 on the trick. I was getting tons of people on at this time last week in the 5+5.

10+10 next weekend please. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:29 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Emu90
That shit is too crazy that's why only 5 people join the Winner Takes All event. It's ridiculously hard to get to the top in that short amount of time.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:08 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: xTLGx GAMBIT
I can confirm this. Averaging 2 people on the Race, 7 on Trick. Sure I'm getting credits but I already have 500m and just playing to see what it's like.
I requested 1 day long Winner Takes All events a while ago but while it's great competitively, the majority of the players online aren't really that good and want a fair go as the Standard bracket would.
I think there should be a combination of all the Global Events you've tried out so far.

-1 day Race and Trick event for 5m, winner takes all
-2 or 3 Race and Trick events for 1m, standard bracket going for 5-10 mins
-Run events on all other drops in the ranges that have the above GEs running.

King of the Mountain doesn't really excite me if I'm sitting on the throne for 2 minutes or so. I want to feel the highs and lows of holding first for the whole day, getting beaten and re-gaining first.
Just my two cents.

EDIT: 4 PLAYERS ON RACE! WOOOOOOOO. And the person in last sends me a message saying I cheated. Stay classy Xbox Live players.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:00 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
I got lucky and won the Fast Forward race with a :52. Ask me if I took my 18,000,000 credits and ran. Go ahead, ask me.

Of course I didn't. I went back in and saw that somebody was running a :50 and was like "great, there goes 6,000,000 credits."

And then, like the pure genius that I am, I ran it again immediately after. Sure enough, the same guy was running a :50 again. There went another 6,000,000 credits.

I'm an idiot.

And I need credits.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:10 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: Bildi
:lol

When you're gambling breaking even is a good day I guess. :P

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:21 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
The trick event is pretty dead so I went over to Explore and set a few new personal bests including a 46 mil Zombies with Jetpacks run. Also broke 60mil on Bulldog for the first time in a GE.

I like the idea of 1 day King of the Mountain events which was mentioned above.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:45 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Great idea with the feautured montains, just do not understand why all drops are not open on them.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:16 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: mobe7
Bildi wrote:
I just jumped on but it seems the Winner Takes All are pretty deserted. . :D

Every man, women, cat and dog is probably playing Max Payne 3 at the moment. I've got MP3 to get to grips with and a Starhawk tournament this weekend. Plus a girlfriend who apparently needs attention. To many great games and not enough life AAARRRGG!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:29 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Mobe wrote:
Every man, women, cat and dog is probably playing Max Payne 3 at the moment.

Installing it right now. It's been a long couple of days.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:31 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: XahGee
TheGambit7 wrote:
And the person in last sends me a message saying I cheated. Stay classy Xbox Live players.

:lol This is the first time I've heard of hate mail in this game.

Man I wish I could have gotten in on this. Will there be other events like this in the future?

http://ssx.ozmonet.com/user/215479529

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 5 [ 110 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5