Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: jonipooon
YEEES! Stoked for this! Hopefully the skins will not just change their body, but maybe their hair aswell? Im dying for Kaori's ponytails lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
I dont see a cityscape but this looks extremely interesting. I want an SSX Tricky 2 more than anything, and it looks like we could be going in that direction! I love Ssx2012 but it just feels..... Lonely. Tricky was bursting with life, and thefireworks again suggest a step in that direction! Where are the other peices!!!? Lol!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: Kaavyn
I really hope Tane, Alex and Ty (and Griff) get something too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: jonipooon
^I love how you just put Griff in column lol, as if he doesn't really count. :lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: PainedOdin
gondee wrote:
NA wrote:
G They sent you the most useless one ever lol :heh

I know! :heh :heh I feel shafted. :lol

Corner pieces are vital!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: martymcflyy85
I traded in my copy of SSX to Gamestop, and bought a refurbished PS2.....just so I could play the original Tricky again. Maybe I should have waited..... :|

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Niiiice!

Gosh, a Kaori retro outfit would be amazing. I agree with Jonipoon about the pigtails thing.
I'm glad they're hinting at SSX Tricky style outfits!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
They just linked this thread on their facebook page :) we currently have 180 guests XD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I thought it was strange to see so many guests on at the moment. :thumbsup

Anyone else get a piece?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
More puzzles pieces!!! Please!!! This is making me so excited!! :woot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
i checked my emails but i got nothing at the moment :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
I'm going to go ahead and be cynical as hell if that's okay with everyone.
So instead of putting any cool outfits in the game we're probably going to have to pay for them? Hooray! Coming from EA, voted "Worst Company in America"!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
soooo, bad news homies, I DONT HAVE A PUZZLE PIECE. you may ask, "WHY TUNES, WHY?" my answer is, I DONT KNOW.

definitely lookin like retro skins to me. i'm down with skins so long as it's not like 'HEY, HERE'S THE ALLEGRA YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED. ...except it's just a skin of SSX 3 Allegra...' but other than that, retro skins would be AWESOME. annnnd it's looking like (from the left hip and side boob of Elise) that these skins may even be UPGRADED. maybe some better textures? shadows? i'm super stoked.

also, i think it would be super awesome if Griff got his SSX 3 outfit and it was too small for him. it would be very fitting for his character i think. small shirt and small pants? that'd be pretty hilarious.

i'll def post a puzzle piece if i get one. until then, let the speculation begin!

one question: from which games do you think the retro skins will come? i'm guessing:
Zoe - 3
Psymon - Tricky... maybe 3 (hopefully 3)
Moby - Tricky
Eddie - 3 (OH WAIT)
Mac - Tricky
Griff - 3
Kaori - Tricky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I think someone said it in this thread...it's kinda doubtful they're gonna send out all the puzzle pieces in one day.

Interesting...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
I want a piece! I want to feel speshul. :P

@Tunes I'm really hoping they gave Psymon his SSX 3 jacket. If he gets his Tricky tanktop that'll be incredibly lame. But I mean, I guess it's too late to change anything now :$

Last edited by Kav on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Yeah, but Tricky outfits and Fireworks...that's really, really Outstanding! I think they should go ahead and announce it if its ONLY retro skins..because otherwise we're going to speculate everything from HD Tricky remake to "Weekend Tour" DLC mode, etc. etc. Don't get me wrong...I'm totally stoked if its only retro skins....but I'd rather know that now before I get my hopes up for something more.

Oh mannn....fireworks.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: mobe7
Fantastical wrote:
So instead of putting any cool outfits in the game we're probably going to have to pay for them? Hooray! Coming from EA, voted "Worst Company in America"!

Voted worst company in America by brainless idiots. To be fair that sort of thing is standard business practice. Holding off on some cool feature so people have a reason to buy a future product. Apple have made billions doing this. Games companies will often hold off on some cool content and leave it for DLC so as to give people a reason to buy it. I don't have a problem with that at all. It's not as if DLC is ever particularly expensive.

Last edited by Mobe on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: Deznere
If we get an upscaled SSX 3 version of Mac I will be happy. Hopefully with their old voices but thats just a bit much :P

Skype-XEShadowX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Not to mention they gave out Eddie, Fuji and the signature boards for free as DLC, so I really don't mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Mobe wrote:
Fantastical wrote:

Voted worst company in America by brainless idiots. To be fair that sort of thing is standard business practice. Holding off on some cool feature so people have a reason to buy a future product. Apple have made billions doing this. Games companies will often hold off on some cool content and leave it for DLC so as to give people a reason to buy it. I don't have a problem with that at all. It's not as if DLC is ever particularly expensive.

It's only been "standard business practice" for the last couple of years. Used to be that a good game was the selling point.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Mobe wrote:

I'm really glad EA won. It's just a dumb poll, it wasn't going to change the world and so the outcome isn't important to anybody. Some of those other companies don't tend to annoy anyone outside of America, but EA pisses people off worldwide. They deserve to get smacked with a title like that.

Anyway, I'm with Mus. It's not standard business practice on this level as far as game development goes. It's quickly becoming standard, but it's still relatively new. Expansion packs never really annoyed people, but quick, cheap DLC does. There's quite a clear difference between the two and it's obvious the latter is a case of "doing it wrong" in terms of public relations. Gaming used to be far more secure and distanced from the clutches of the evil nickel and dimers... not anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Mus wrote:
Mobe wrote:
Fantastical wrote:

It's only been "standard business practice" for the last couple of years. Used to be that a good game was the selling point.

Good game still is the selling point. Can't think of many examples where a truly rubbish game was saved by having amazing DLC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: never will play xbox
PSN: not yet....
ohhhh....what if it was one of the levels from tricky and they remade it in HD maybe im just guessing :yes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
im just happy that the game i love is being supported post release :pimp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Midian wrote:

. Gaming used to be far more secure and distanced from the clutches of the evil nickel and dimers... not anymore.

Games also used to be way, way cheaper to produce. The cost of producing games and the cost of marketing them in a very saturated global market place has risen massively in recent years. I can forgive companies like EA for trying to make money back where they can. As we move into the next generation of consoles and production costs ramp up even more gamers are going to have to get used to paying for more and more content.
Anyway as Kav said its not like EA have ripped us off so far. They've given us free DLC already.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 33 [ 816 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33