Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:33 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Is it just me, or does Elise's board look like a racing board from Tricky?
Also, I just joined this forum because I saw it on the SSX Facebook. I guess their ad money is really going to a good cause.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Welcome Johnny. On a side note we broke our all-time users record. :D

vix wrote:
And leave it to merq to take something potentially awesome and turn it into a debate over the validity of dlc and evil corporations and gaming whateverness and everything else.

MERP CITY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
MERP

:lol

work in progress....assuming the puzzle pieces are laid out the way they go...the puzzle is at least three pieces across and two down...

(not to scale either yet)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Looks like just skins (and tracks) to me (apposed to a re-release of past collections) since she has hand flares and has a backpack like the new game. Bummer, I can keep hoping. Hopefully this could be a start of more costume packs and more character customization!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: DredPirateStorm
PSN: DredPirateStorm
They are great at this whole puzzle thing. They are teasing just enough to wet your appetite, but not spoil the whole thing. I'd love to see her face as well as the ground to see what sort of terrain she is boarding over.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Is the background similar to one of the mountain ranges in the game? Maybe the Alps? :???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Watch it be a new wallpaper. :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Flamant wrote:
Is the background similar to one of the mountain ranges in the game? Maybe the Alps? :???

Probably on an existing range, just need to figure out what that thing on the left is. One of those Buddha statues, maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: Orionsangel
PSN: Orionsangel
I hope it includes a patch that lets you disable rewind and lets you use the classic, hit the select button to reset your rider back on the track, like in previous SSX games. Because rewind is a FAIL in the new SSX. On paper there's nothing wrong with rewind in SSX, but some genius at EA Sports had the bright idea to make it so that only your rider rewinds and nothing else. This results in a frustrating and huge time waster in a game like SSX. Which features fast paced racing. Once you rewind it's almost impossible to catch up the leader. You might as well restart the race. Especially if you fall in a crevasse and some tracks are littered with them. It's also dumb how it's game over if you don't rewind when you fall in a crevasse. The game should take you back to the track like previous SSX games.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
MOTHER OF GOD, what does it mean??????? I'm sooo anxious to find out....... :eek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
soultron wrote:
Remember how retro character skins were, at one point, mentioned as pre-order bonuses? I believe it was around the time of the community event that this was the plan.

I do! On EA's site before the game release it was listed as a pre-order bonus through orgin :china
http://live-event.ea.com/e3/chat/ssx
"Head over to Origin.com for an exclusive character reveal video and comic and pre-order now to unlock a retro character skin (link) and in-game money pack!"

So can you guys guess what this DLC is going to be.... Nothing new from EA. Release DLC over a month after release, when it could have been available from day 1. :frusty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:46 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: Eeeyore
Have to agree with mobe, all the falling down crevasses is killing the game for me, the rest of it, sensational, falling to your death every 15 seconds sucks. Would have played Mirrors Edge if i wanted to do that!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:56 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: ROCHAN
My heart is pumping, and it sounds like "Tri-cky... Tri-cky..."

So, Tricky skins, handflares, fireworks... New DLC coming, for sure. Though I would love if it was a Tricky/3 HD version... *dreaming*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:21 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: Endemism
Love to be on vacation for a few days and come back to something like this. Come on, Batts! I'm wishfully reloading my inbox here! :heh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:57 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Throw in the old voice acting while you're at it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
UberTalented wrote:

QFT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:32 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Mobe wrote:
Midian wrote:

. Gaming used to be far more secure and distanced from the clutches of the evil nickel and dimers... not anymore.

Games also used to be way, way cheaper to produce. The cost of producing games and the cost of marketing them in a very saturated global market place has risen massively in recent years. I can forgive companies like EA for trying to make money back where they can. As we move into the next generation of consoles and production costs ramp up even more gamers are going to have to get used to paying for more and more content.
Anyway as Kav said its not like EA have ripped us off so far. They've given us free DLC already.

Their target audience has also exploded by over 1000%. Games these days are getting bigger product launches than movies get, it's not as though the development costs have gone up while the return stayed the game, the industry by and large is rolling in cash. It'd help if the production companies weren't showing subtle signs of corruption, but the rise of digital downloads might start cutting them out soon enough. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:11 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: soultron
PSN: souitron
UberTalented wrote:

This is a lot easier said than done. Some people, like David Arquette and the lead singer of Bif Naked, might either refuse their old work be used again, or may want too much money to record new lines. It's a very complicated (and expensive!) process that developers always consider, for the fans, but if it's not in there, it's for good reason.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:42 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
I'd just love a little Griff skin.
If that comes, screw Eddie, am playing Griff :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:52 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: TheEvilPengy
Yes... Fireworks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
Legendsuper wrote:
I'd just love a little Griff skin.
If that comes, screw Eddie, am playing Griff :P

Oh lord, tiny Griff with a giant head.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: speed0fsound7
Orionsaint wrote:
I hope it includes a patch that lets you disable rewind and lets you use the classic, hit the select button to reset your rider back on the track, like in previous SSX games. Because rewind is a FAIL in the new SSX. On paper there's nothing wrong with rewind in SSX, but some genius at EA Sports had the bright idea to make it so that only your rider rewinds and nothing else. This results in a frustrating and huge time waster in a game like SSX. Which features fast paced racing. Once you rewind it's almost impossible to catch up the leader. You might as well restart the race. Especially if you fall in a crevasse and some tracks are littered with them. It's also dumb how it's game over if you don't rewind when you fall in a crevasse. The game should take you back to the track like previous SSX games.
If they replace rewinds then people will be abusing wormhole glitchs. Anyway looking foward to finding out what this is about.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
XBL: AnyColour420
PSN: AnyColourYouLike
Somebody just pm'd a third piece. Not sure who, I'm on my cell at work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:31 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
AnyColourYouLike wrote:

Whoever this person is, drop whatever you're doing and post nao D:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:39 am  Post subject: Re: Puzzle Pieces: A Taste of What's Next for SSX?  
PSN: hypnotic_boogie
AnyColourYouLike wrote:

well aren't you just a ray of helpfulness.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 33 [ 816 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33