Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Thanks for the second set of eyes on the FAQ, mahkra. When you've done a ton of these things it's really easy to overlook the fine details like brackets and typoes. :china

Yeti wrote:
Alps is done and sent over G, hope its what your after :thumbsup

It was excellent Yeti, thank you. :china And many thanks to vix for her New Zealand guide, as well as Obi for the great Death Zone guide. I'd like to get this thing out here really soon, so if someone wants to step up and produce the Alaska and Antarctica runs sooner than later, I'm all for that. Otherwise, I'll wait until either LB or Tomttaw get around to writing them up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I don't think I'll be able to contribute anything after all. I even forgot about setting up the events on time this weekend, it's just been busy all around, mainly studying :dead

Maybe there's something small I can do in 15 minutes, but I've barely had time to look up the FAQ :dead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:11 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
I can sympathize baka. Look how long it's taken me to find the time to sit down to write all this stuff. No worries. :china

I've got the Equipment section almost done. Shinoxxle's fantastic guides here saved me a lot of time.

I'll finish up the Gameplay system tomorrow, and then if I don't have the remaining guides by the middle of next week, I will write them myself.

EDIT: Link for the FAQ added to the first post.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
XBL: OniPandApple
I'm gonna try my hand at the Alaska world tour guide, assuming nobody's already working on it :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Hey gondee, just sent you another email with a bunch more comments. Mostly minor stuff like typos and such (though some are important typos, like the wrong shoulder buttons for xbox in a couple places), but I think I included a couple small-ish content suggestions as well.

I haven't had time to read much of the Walkthrough section yet, but I was able to look through all of the other sections much more closely than last time, as I wasn't trying to review the FAQ-in-progress while at work this time. :)

I'll try to find some time to read through the rest of the Walkthrough section over the next day or two. I'll be out-of-town to take a couple teaching certification exams & look at apartments Thursday through Sunday, though, so if I don't get to it before Wednesday night, it won't happen until Sunday night.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
No problem mahkra. I really appreciate the second set of eyes looking over stuff. Sometimes you look at something so often you end up getting cross-eyed. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:53 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Any chance someone can type up guides to Alaska and Antarctica World Tour before the end of the week? I'm hoping to submit the guide to Gamefaqs by the weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
I can write a guide for Japan if you're interested ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
YanickSSX wrote:
I can write a guide for Japan if you're interested ^_^

Sure, by all means. :yes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
gondee wrote:
Any chance someone can type up guides to Alaska and Antarctica World Tour before the end of the week? I'm hoping to submit the guide to Gamefaqs by the weekend.

I'll take Alaska :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Thanks yetster. :china

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Just fired another email your way, gondee. Took a bit of time off from studying to proofread the World Tour section.

EDIT: The content I was proofreading was from version 0.4; just noticed that you posted 0.5 today. But hopefully some of my comments will still be useful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
I took the FAQ into MS Word and fixed most of the spelling and grammar errors with version 0.5, mahkra. I'll take a look at it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:47 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Hey gondee, i was wondering how you wanted me to write the guide. you want me to write it as in how to get the best scores? cause there is no world tour event there. so some further explaination before i write it wrong :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:52 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
PSN: Veckodag
YanickSSX wrote:
Hey gondee, i was wondering how you wanted me to write the guide. you want me to write it as in how to get the best scores? cause there is no world tour event there. so some further explaination before i write it wrong :P

I wrote my guides as; "The easiest way to get gold" or "How to get gold with the least amount exertion". I think the people who needs the guides are people struggling to get good times/scores and needs to be shown the ropes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
XBL: MistressLeBeau
Years ago, I used to download Mr. gondee's faqs & then set them up for my own use to be easier for me to read and/or get information at a glance.

If Anyone wants me to do something like that, (not sure it's actually NEEDED in this day & age) then just let me know & I'd be happy to help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
YanickSSX wrote:

Yeah, since it's only in Explore, write the guides to get gold in Explore in Japan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
gondee wrote:
YanickSSX wrote:

Yeah, since it's only in Explore, write the guides to get gold in Explore in Japan.

alright gondee!

will start tomorrow ^^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Alaska world tour completed and PM'd :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
:cheers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:11 am  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Okay, I completed the Perks and Mods and Combo System section of the guide. Got an excellent Alaska guide from Yeti. Many thanks. :china Got a nice guide from Don and Ahlyis.

I still need a World Tour guide to Antarctica, come on you people who said they would contribute. :poke If you want to contribute an Antarctica guide, I will GLADLY accept it. :china

In the meantime, I see no reason to not publish the guide. One World Tour guide isn't enough to hold it back, since there is a ton of excellent info that would help a lot of players. Only wish I could have had the time to get it out in two weeks like before, but six isn't bad all things considered. :)

Read and give feedback if you'd like. All is welcomed:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxdeadlydescents/ssx_2012.txt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
PSN: Donoftea
Congrats on getting the FAQ published! This thing must be a beast to manage.

I'll work through Patagonia Trick it now. Will start with Weirdsville, gonna level Kaori back up in the process. Woop woop! :woot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
I like WT Antarctica

It will give me chance to get some Moby time in to build him up

Give me a day or three :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Yeti wrote:
I like WT Antarctica

It will give me chance to get some Moby time in to build him up

Give me a day or three :)

Antartica PM'd :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Enlisting help for the SSX (2012) FAQ!  
hey good work you all!! :thumbsup
reading the guide I realized again how random all the suits/perks/mods etc stuff is... -.- but well, that's another issue...

I'd like to contribute to the FAQ that there is a (dim-)yellow snowflake besides the green and purple ones. I assume it has the highest value because it's rather rare. can check the value if I encounter one the next time. :china

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 5 [ 102 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5