Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:42 pm  Post subject: Hi! I'm new here, and I've got a question about the game.  
[font=Arial, sans-serif][/font]
Greetings! Allow me to introduce myself. Some of you may remember me from the SSX Blur board on GameFAQs. Most of the games I play are of the action-adventure variety. (My moniker comes from the Zelda series.) Believe it or not, I am actually not usually a huge fan of sports games. SSX Blur is one of only 2 that I own, the other of which I never should have gotten anyway. But I love this game because of the races, the more-realistic motion control, and the good design in general. Whenever I play, though, I have to make the game more fun and less frustrating due to the sometimes unresponsive controls by using the FullGasTank cheat code. I hope that's not frowned upon here, it's just the way I play it, since I can. Anyway, using the code, I have won all events, tournaments, and challenges and gotten platinum medals in all events except the 7 races with 3 characters: Mac, Psymon, and Zoe, in that order.

Now on to my question. Has it ever been confirmed that anyone has actually gotten a platinum medal on any of the race events, so that we know that it's possible? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be possible, given that there is platinum in everything else, but from what I've read, there doesn't seem to be much more known about it here than anywhere else. If it is possible, I believe that, with enough practice, it would be something I could probably achieve, but I would like to know whether to try for it or not. I know my current record for Wild Tree Fun is 1:13+ with Psymon, but I wasn't using the route from the master run video. I guess sometimes I have trouble understanding walkthroughs until I see it done. With Zoe, my Wild Tree Fun record is 1:16+, but I don't know why, since Zoe should be the best overall character to race with, which is confirmed by the fact that she was used in the master run. I'm not sure of my other records, but I can check, since there all listed in quickplay.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:12 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Aw man, I honestly don't think anyone's gotten platinum on races yet. Your best bet is to look at the scoreboard - if you can beat those times and still not get platinum, it's safe to say there are none for races.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]