Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:57 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:38 pm  Post subject: Help with some ubers  
XBL: MdX MaxX
I kinda need help with the Z and Heart Ubers. In training I do the Z just fine, I can get it multiple times in a row without problems. But once I get in the game, I never get the Z out. Is there anything I can do to make sure I'm doing the same thing? And with the heart, I feel like the game isn't picking up the nunchuck. When I try the heart, it always comes out as a loop Kickback Jack every time. Any tips?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:07 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
For the Z, you don't have to move the wiimote vertically - just move it side to side, so right, left, right.

The Heart isn't that difficult - make sure you bring them together and don't let go until you've completed the motion.

This should help:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/uber_tutorial.wmv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:18 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks gondee, I'm getting very used to ubershapes now. The only one giving me trouble is the y, but I don't HAVE to do it right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:31 pm  Post subject:   
In a review it was said that "You'd be drawing shapes on the screen" to activate über tricks, which isn't exactly true.

You can do ubers anywhere, you don't even have to face the screen. The trick I found is to move the entire remote in the way illustrated. If you just move the invisible cursor around it doesn't seem to work. In other words, rotating the tip as to draw the shape, doesn't seem to work for me. But I always get the odd problem period when nothing works.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:52 pm  Post subject:   
Okay, this is getting annoying :grr I can't get the y ubershape to come out. It only comes out like every one out of 10 or 15 tries. All the others I can do perfectly fine, it's just the y giving me trouble. And it's a cool trick too... Any tips? I try to do a small loop and then big loop back to above where I started like gondee's faq said, it still scarcely works.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:10 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Unfortunately that's one of the tough ones for me too - I don't rely on it. All I can say is practice various motions until you can find one that works semi-regularly for you.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]