Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:06 pm  Post subject: Board Selection  
I've won some competitions on Peak 1 and have gotten some different skis and boards. At the time that I receive them, I am asked if I want to equip them now or not. I chose not to, thinking I could equip them later. However, when I hit the '+' button and scroll through the different menus (e.g. Career Highlights), I cannot find any place to equip my new board. I know I can do this when resetting the game and starting over, but is that the only time? I'm thinking I'm missing something because it would be a pain in the butt to reset the game each time you want to change boards for a certain event.

Could someone please shed some light on this? (Sorry for the noob questions!)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:19 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Unfortunately you have to quit out and restart your game to get a new board. Dumb, but that's the way it's set up.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:25 pm  Post subject:   
Okay. So far my quiver's not too special, so Mac's just sticking with his Mac board. Thanks for the heads up though!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:48 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
The boards are divided into two types - the first are the regular boards which you get from doing the regular challenges - these often have the bonus/negative aspect on them like +1 edging -1 speed. The second type are the character boards, which you get from doing the character challenges. These are just like the Mac board, no bonus, but they do look cool.

You get one board that has bonuses and no negatives, but usually by the time you get it, your fully powered up anyway so it doesn't help you much.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]