Forum to discuss the SSX game for the Nintendo Wii
Post a reply

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:35 am

ok I haven't been keeping up on SSX lately, has it been confirmed at all?

Because I'm not buying a PS3.. and I'm wondering whether to buy a Wii or 360.

So this might be a factor..

Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:42 am

It would be EXTREMELY Nice if they released SSX5 on the Gamecube XBOX360 and PS3/PS2

Because They cant release on the wii, controlling completely different, and not everyone is gonna have a PS3 to compensate.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:35 am

It'll never be on the gamecube I would think, same with the xbox and the ps2. I think most dev's are starting to develop games for only next gen consoles now. It seems like they're phasing out current gen a lot fasther this time aound. My guess is it'll be a ps3/360 game but it would be nice to be on current gen too.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:23 pm

It better be.
A PS3-only version would be perfectly fine with me, but I would prefer a multiplatform SSX5 because I like as many people as possible to be able to play SSX5 so that they could come here to share their experience with others. Have you noticed that the release of Blur, unlike the releases of the other four games (yes even OT), caused no significant increase in visitor activity in here? That's because not everyone has, or wants a wii.
If EA wants to keep this game series alive they have to make it available for ALL next gen consoles...or else :brucelee .

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:54 pm

I agree, multiplatform would be best but it's just not easy to make the same game for current gen and next gen at the same time, a lot in terms of gameplay is lost, etc. Who knows, if a real ssx5 comes out within this year, we might see a cross gen release but i'm starting to doubt that. I don't think burnout 5 is going beyond the ps3 and the 360.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:36 pm

SSX Tricky, 3 were multiplatform, and they were successful enough to make the "greatest hits" for their respective systems. On Tour was just a bad game, I don't think anyone's gonna see that as any sort of signifier for the future.

I still suspect it will be a while before the next game is announced. They'll need to mine the depths of their ideas before they come out with another game. This next one can't be cookie-cutter. :no

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:30 am

gondee wrote:SSX Tricky, 3 were multiplatform, and they were successful enough to make the "greatest hits" for their respective systems. On Tour was just a bad game, I don't think anyone's gonna see that as any sort of signifier for the future.

I still suspect it will be a while before the next game is announced. They'll need to mine the depths of their ideas before they come out with another game. This next one can't be cookie-cutter. :no

Wait a while :[ and not a Wii in sight to buy locally. Think we'll hear anything before chrimbo like with Blur last year.

Need it to be soon........send em an email with a link to the course design gallery :heh speed things up a bit :heh

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:30 pm

PS3 and Xbox 360 for sure. Maybe PSP aswell.

I doubt they'll release it for Gamecube.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:53 am

Jonipoon wrote:PS3 and Xbox 360 for sure. Maybe PSP aswell.

I doubt that as well, but maybe they'll release it for the Wii? ;P

I would honestly be surprised if they did not release it on the Wii. They probably have a lot in place for it already. I just hope they find a way to add some more grabs than the current four or whatever there are now.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:39 am

66jzmstr wrote:
Jonipoon wrote:PS3 and Xbox 360 for sure. Maybe PSP aswell.

I doubt that as well, but maybe they'll release it for the Wii? ;P

I would honestly be surprised if they did not release it on the Wii. They probably have a lot in place for it already. I just hope they find a way to add some more grabs than the current four or whatever there are now.

Wouldn't the control scheme be a problem to re-programme then? I don't really know how it works since I don't own a Wii, but the thought confused me a bit. :heh
Post a reply