Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:59 am  Post subject: Better to do 1 uber or multiple ubers in a jump?  
First of all let me say that it is GREAT to be hooked on SSX again!

I was addicted to SSX3, I played it every free chance I had for over a year.

I wasn't thrilled about OnTour, but this game brought me back.
I like the challenge of learning the new control sceme.

question:
Is it better to do multiple ubers in a single jump, or is it better to do 1 good one and hold it?

In SSX3, it was better to do 1 trick and hold it. If you held it long enough, the Big Air bonus would increase rapidly.

I have only had this game for about 5 days, and it seems like it is better to do multiple ubers. I can get about 1.5 mill in a half pipe by doing 2 or 3 ubers per jump. I managed 4 a couple of times. In Blur, it looks like the big air bonus stays the same, but the trick score goes up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:32 am  Post subject:   
I think that it's best to do multiple ones, when i have my groove meter up to it's max, and i do about 5-6 loops per. jump then i usulally get 125.000-150.000 per. jump.
So yes, i think it is better to do multiple ones.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:58 am  Post subject:   
Bombshell=Riggs wrote:
i do about 5-6 loops per. jump then i usulally get 125.000-150.000 per. jump.
So yes, i think it is better to do multiple ones.

you can get those scores with 2 ubers

i dunno how people are getting 2 mil in the halfpipe... i seem to top out at 1.6 mil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:05 am  Post subject:   
jckDsht wrote:
you can get those scores with 2 ubers

i dunno how people are getting 2 mil in the halfpipe... i seem to top out at 1.6 mil

Hmm...I got about 2,2 million in two different halfpipes...But i almost never use the loop anymore, only on race events. I usually use the M, and a few others..I got all the ubers yesterday...YAY! :heh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:50 am  Post subject:   
it really doesnt matter how many u do, i seem to get close to the same amouint of points either way(although getting the advanced ubers fully extended increases ur score a lot)

overall here is the best combinations ive found
1. starting uber into advanced uber(or advanced uber not extended into another advanced)
2. as many advanced ubers as u can get into ur jump while getting each 1 fully extended before starting the next

there were some variations that were matching up good that gave a tiny bit more but i havent played for a few days and ill forget them til i play again, lol

but halfpipe testing is the best way to do this, as per my tests, 1 advanced uber can net me 200k in 1 trick, 1 regular intoi advanced get me 200k, and 1 advanced extended into 1 advanced extended got me around 200k, had a variation that got me like 220k+ but it was so tedious and i usually messed it up, lol

the only bad thing about the halfpipe is that u will most likely repeat a few times, i think on my best halfpipe run i had at least 3-5 repeats or i could have gotten a higher score, it is very hard to guage wut rotations u are doin with the wii controls...also if u only do 1 uber per trick, there is a greater chance that u will repeat ur trick and lose ur multiplier so mix it up as much as u can

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:30 pm  Post subject:   
thanks for answering my question, that is what I wanted to know.

I'm glad they made that change...

I never thought it was good to score higher for one trick than multiple tricks like in SSX 3.

It sounds like they have made a good balance... holding it long enough to fully extend...

Now I have to work on getting over 200k like you. I can get 120k about every time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:53 pm  Post subject:   
with the ubers that u earn not the ones u already have i can get up to 160 with just holding it , but if ur just talking bout the loop than i agree w/ bombshell=riggs.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]