Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:40 pm  Post subject:   
SSX Blur: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #1
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #2
I think you didn't quite understand me. Suppose I got a time of 45.59 on a slalom course and had a video of the run. The game rounds to the nearest second for the scoreboard, so I couldn't proof such a time with a picture but only with a video. Could I sbumit the exact time of 45.59 with such a proof or should we pick the scoreboard time in any case?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:20 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
If the game rounds the score, you have to submit the score the game gives you. I'm not about to go frame-by-frame on a video to prove or disprove someone got a certain time on a certain event if the game doesn't show it. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:47 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
The game has hundredths of second but rounds to the nearest second for the scoreboard? Wow... that's not very competition-friendly...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:08 am  Post subject:   
Only does that for Slalom, Race has hundreth on the Scoreboard as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:23 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
LLCoolDave wrote:
Only does that for Slalom, Race has hundreth on the Scoreboard as well.

Ahh, good then.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:45 pm  Post subject:   
Just submitted a 2:33.71 Ruthless race time. I think the route I had was pretty good for the most part, but the run itsself was still pretty flawed, with two crashes into stones that almost slowed me down to a full stop.

Also got a 1:25 Slalom time. I'll just use this chance to complain about it. Not only is the track full of random stuff you tend to bump into (or even a strange stone rail near the end that seems to sometimes suck you in when you're still a good bit away from it, in sharp contrast to plenty of rails in the game that are pretty hard to get on), there's several posts in rather annoying places (21-23 come to mind, it's so hard to just bump into something in that cave and be sent past a flag) but most of all, the BIGGEST part of flags doesn't seem to work properly. I'm not sure why it could have been so hard for EA to make sure they actually work properly, but somehow they didn't bother and nobody complained during playtesting. There's a few flags that register a miss if you pass by too far on the CORRECT side (some seem to even register a miss if you pass by about a boards width to the correct side of it, but are very lenient to passing by on the wrong side).

Ah well, this post would have to be censored if I were to vent my anger about this track, so I'll just let it be.

I also noticed that if you completely skip a flag without it registering as either a hit or a miss, you will have 15 seconds added to your time AFTER you finish the race. That ruined the first 1:25 I got =/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:19 pm  Post subject:   
SSX Blur: Showoff: #1SSX Blur: Overall: #1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #1
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #1
XBL: yako529
LLCoolDave wrote:
the BIGGEST part of flags doesn't seem to work properly. I'm not sure why it could have been so hard for EA to make sure they actually work properly, but somehow they didn't bother and nobody complained during playtesting. There's a few flags that register a miss if you pass by too far on the CORRECT side (some seem to even register a miss if you pass by about a boards width to the correct side of it, but are very lenient to passing by on the wrong side).

Yeah I definitely agree with you on this. It took me like at least 20 tries to get that 1:29 time because usually whenever I was having a good run I would go past a flag on the correct side but it would say I missed it. I'm not really sure if I want to attempt to beat your time of 1:25 because it will take too long to have a solid run where I actually get credit for going past the flags correctly.

By the way, how do you get such good slalom times? Do you have a video?
Here is a video of me getting 47 seconds with moby on wild tree fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkvGclSDVYA

How did you get 3 seconds better than that?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:34 pm  Post subject:   
I havn't recorded any videos yet. I'll try to get a WTF Slalom run on video tomorrow. As far as your video is concerned, I'm taking most flags a lot closer (I think there's two I even passed on the other side) so I lose less speed, and I also have a different finish that I think is faster, copied straight from my race strategy. I'll see if I can get a run on tape.

Edit: Got a 44 on tape but I feel I can get 43 as well, I just can't seem to get into a proper carving rhythm to get past the poles =/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:20 pm  Post subject:   
Alright, well I am going to work on wild tree fun and proud powder slaloms a little bit. I probably won't be able to beat you but maybe I can get close to your score, or tie you if i am lucky.

Also, now that i have platinums on those courses, whenever i do a slalom there it shows that i get a platinum medal, even if my score isnt that great. So one time i tried getting like 3rd place just to see what would happen, and it showed that the first place character got a platinum. So basically, since i have platinums on those slaloms, it shows a platinum star next to the name of the first place character, even if their score isnt very good. Does anyone else have this problem??? It's not a huge deal, but it will make it more complicated when trying to figure out the exact time needed for a platinum medal (for a FAQ).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:38 pm  Post subject:   
Same thing here about the Platinum Star.

And there's something disturbing about Wild Tree Fun, it feels as if it is impossible to get below 44. I've had several 43.95s in this session and one 43.90, but to me it felt as if the game cut off at DIFFERENT parts of the course for each run, as if it only checked your position at certain times. Maybe this can be avoided by going to closer to the actual finish line, that's something to test for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:16 pm  Post subject:   
Okay fellas, I'm done with finals (thank God!) I'm back on for some high-score breaking. :devil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 pm  Post subject:   
after 2 hours of nothing but big air competitions, i actually managed to beat 1 of the top scores, by less than 5000 points, lol, im getting higher scores on the other 2 snow jam and spring break, but i feel like i cant improve that much to beat those, im completely lost on how those high scores were acheived, im thinking there is some kind of trick im missing for those, oh well, maybe ill try again tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:35 pm  Post subject:   
Wait, quietus, so you beat my on the rocks big air score again? well hopefully i can still improve on it.

Anyways, now that you know how to check your high scores you can take pictures to prove them! not that i dont believe you or anything...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:30 pm  Post subject:   
yako591 wrote:

Dude do you have a hi-res version of this? I'd love to host vids like this for the Master Runs. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:22 am  Post subject:   
yako591 wrote:
Wait, quietus, so you beat my on the rocks big air score again? well hopefully i can still improve on it.

Anyways, now that you know how to check your high scores you can take pictures to prove them! not that i dont believe you or anything...

haha i just learned a new trick, i just beat my new on the rocks score by a lot and knocked out the spring break score also by a tiny bit, still pretty short on snow jam though, and grabbed my last 1st place spot on all the halfpipes, and if u want pics of my high scores just ask, but u usually manage to knock me off in 2 days again in big air anyway, lol, my camera sucks at taking pictures on a projection tv, but ill get a good 1 eventually if u need it :P

lol im editing this to add that i beat my new on the rocks score shotting past 600,000, then i beat it again with an unbelievable run 711,500, i dare anyone to try and beat this one :P i declare that to be my competition until its beaten, even threw up a photo of that 1 since it appears u dont really believe i beat ur score in the 1st place, lol, finished with 4/100 of a second left, omg i was scared, i landed that last jump at about 5 seconds left then i boosted all the way into the pole and bounced into finish line

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:09 am  Post subject:   
Here's a video of my 43.90 on Wild Tree Fun Slalom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRNEvkaUf3E

And for gondee (or anybody who doesn't like Youtube), here's an AVI version of it: http://thps3.net/otherstuff/Wild_Tree_F ... olDave.avi

There were some slight sound offset issues (actually, rather big ones at an offset of almost 2 seconds per minute) which I tried to fix. The audio is slightly early at the start of the run, but it's nothing disturbing. I hope I can get offset free captures in the future.

Do unlocked Ubers score more points than the initial ones? I have thought about a strategy for around 550000 - 600000 points on Snow Jam, but that's all I can think of, and I'm not even sure how realistic it is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:28 am  Post subject:   
LLCoolDave wrote:
Do unlocked Ubers score more points than the initial ones? I have thought about a strategy for around 550000 - 600000 points on Snow Jam, but that's all I can think of, and I'm not even sure how realistic it is.

yes they do count for a lot more than the inital 4 ubers, i personally only use 2 ubers in the game, lol, Z and the double Z, sometimes i hit another by accident or ill mess around with em, but for my score runs, i stick with a basic and 1 of the advanced ones that i can do easily

for example a big jump with doin only Z will net u maybe 50,000 but the same jump done with the double Z will net u around 100,000, that is an approximation but should be close

also note that these scores will increase if u have the bonus meter up, and another important note is that the higher ur boost bar, the more points u get for ur tricks...but remember, ur bonus meter will die down if u do a repeat trick, thats all the tips i got for ya :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:13 pm  Post subject:   
Are there any score differences between the unlockable ubers are those all worth the same?

In any case, here's some more Videos:

Wild Tree Fun Race 1:08.80 (and still no Platinum): http://youtube.com/watch?v=noN9Hm7WBf4 - http://thps3.net/otherstuff/Wild_Tree_F ... olDave.avi

Proud Powder Slalom 0:43 (and a really really close one as well): http://youtube.com/watch?v=8M0zmkW40kc - http://thps3.net/otherstuff/Proud_Powde ... olDave.avi

If somebody has any idea how to improve Wild Tree Fun I'd gladly appreciate it. I don't see any route changes left on this simple track.

If you are interested in videos of any other race, tell me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:12 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
yako591 wrote:

Dude do you have a hi-res version of this? I'd love to host vids like this for the Master Runs. :)

Sorry but i took that video with a camera so the quality is terrible. Looks like LLCoolDave has some good ones, though. Is there an easy way to record videos directly to your computer without any extra equipment or anything?

XquietusX wrote:
lol im editing this to add that i beat my new on the rocks score shotting past 600,000, then i beat it again with an unbelievable run 711,500, i dare anyone to try and beat this one :P i declare that to be my competition until its beaten, even threw up a photo of that 1 since it appears u dont really believe i beat ur score in the 1st place, lol, finished with 4/100 of a second left, omg i was scared, i landed that last jump at about 5 seconds left then i boosted all the way into the pole and bounced into finish line

Dang that will be very tough to beat i think i might be able to though. I will come back later tonight and tell you if i was able to beat it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:18 pm  Post subject:   
Hey LLCoolDave, what codec are you using for your vids? Windows Media Player can't download the codec - it's not Divx or Xvid is it? I've got both of those and they should play fine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:00 pm  Post subject:   
XquietusX wrote:

sorry dude... i beat you again, with a score of 735,070. But hey, I'm sure you can beat it, since i only went up like not even 24,000 points from your score.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:17 pm  Post subject:   
They are encoded in H264, try using ffdshow (far superior to having tons of codecs) or VLC media player which can play almost anything that might even resemble a video file. You can convert them to wmv if you want to, I'm not going to touch such a horrible codec.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:57 pm  Post subject:   
aww...guess there goes all my good scores, im sad, moving onto elder scrolls oblivion for ps3 now

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:42 am  Post subject:   
Cool, thanks Dave. I converted them, I know not everyone is a video purist like you. :D

Quietus your scores are unreal dude, before you leave you should take pics of your best ones, otherwise the top ones will be taken off in a few months since they have no proof. :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:54 am  Post subject:   
Posted some 1st Place times for the remaining races, though I don't consider any of them to be good, Spring Break might be regarded as decent but Snow Jam and On the Rocks are pretty bad still. Doesn't seem as if there's any competition for races =/

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 3 [ 72 posts ]  1, 2, 3