Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:10 am  Post subject: Videos and Impressions as I play Blur  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Here you go folks, the videos of me playing Blur for the first day or so.

Intro Video - 5 MB
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/videos/blurintro.wmv

Character Selection Screen - 3 MB
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/vide ... acters.wmv

First Race at Wild Tree Fun (I totally suck) - 9 MB
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/videos/firstrace.wmv

I'll update with more vids as I go. :)

Impressions starting out:

This game is oozing style, very cool, very colorful, a worthy successor to the series.

Nunchuk and Wiimote controls are hard to get used to for this console player (doesn't mean anything, just the first day.)

It's not impossible to do Uber tricks, despite what the reviews say.

Characters don't talk hardly ever, that I've seen so far. Their animations and character models are good though. I'm just starting out with Elise.

Atomika talks just as much as he did in SSX 3. :D

He says that Luther has been spotted in the backcountry. :D

Schizophrenia from SSX 3 is now called Dysfunktion in Blur (confusion :dead)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:44 am  Post subject:   
Awesome, thanks. So that might be a hint at cheat characters? It's a bit unlikely though.
What's character customization like? Outfits like in Tricky.. or bolt on kinda things like in SSX3?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:49 am  Post subject:   
I haven't gotten far enough to take a guess yet. I'm still playing events. I'm not even sure where to view unlocked rewards as of yet. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:54 am  Post subject:   
haha awesome :D I just watched all the vids.. seems very nice! Though it's a pity she didn't talk. Not even at the end. :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:04 am  Post subject:   
I haven't heard her say one thing the entire time. :no

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:11 am  Post subject:   
XBL: Bildi
:drool

Holy crap, thanks so much for the impressions and vids. I am so glad Atomika is chattering away - I thought I heard him at the start of a vid on IGN but wasn't sure.

It's a shame the characters don't talk much, but at least it's more than you got in On Tour (effectively nothing thanks to CAC). And just the fact that you are using the character makes it infinitely better than On Tour.

The track looked really nice - I liked the trees at the start (and also liked the fact that they aren't in the middle of the course like On Tour). I must admit I don't mind the look of the characters in spite of my inital negative reactions to the character art.

Music sounded good too. Jeez, I have to wait two weeks for the PAL version. I am so jealous!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:31 am  Post subject:   
Quote:
It's a shame the characters don't talk much, but at least it's more than you got in On Tour (effectively nothing thanks to CAC). And just the fact that you are using the character makes it infinitely better than On Tour.

The characters don't talk AT ALL, they're completely silent. I don't mind so much, but it's kind of eerie. I haven't heard Elise say one thing the entire time, nor anyone else. I am glad I'm using her though.

The funniest (and most awesome thing) I've heard Atomika say is that he got an invitation from the "premiere party girl herself, Marisol Diaz Delgado" - it was a WEDDING invitation! Marisol is getting married somewhere on the mountain, but it didn't say where. :heh Atomika is just damn awesome, he adds so much to the experience.

Slalom IS HARD. I barely came in third. You can view the character art from the title screen, it's pretty good, we'll probably cap it and put it in the gallery.

Character's outfits are like tricky, you basically unlock an entire ensemble and wear it just like in Tricky. There are no 'bolt-ons', just skins basically (not so bad all around, they match the character designs.)

Snowballs are pretty cool and easy to use, good for picking up collectibles, not much effect on racing or hitting other racers that I can see.

Tricking in open areas like Happiness is difficut BECAUSE OF THE &*(&*(& RUMBLE! My wiimote is rumbling so much it's making my hand numb because it's rumbling like a fricking tonka truck over every single little bump that you pass over! And I can't find a way to turn the fricking thing off! That's my biggest pet peeve right now, I've hated rumble ever since it was introduced and I've turned it off in every single one of my games, but I can't turn it off here. :frusty

Overall, I'm liking it, it's not difficult at all to do Ubers, and the Monster Moment's camera is FIXED! It actually helps you this time by putting the view way above your character so you can see the ground. It totally helps in superpipe!

Hot Dam is called Spring Break now. Son of a Birch is called Proud Powder. Looks like they're sterilizing all the track names. :heh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 am  Post subject:   
A few screenshots of the reward art:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:52 am  Post subject:   
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
Marisol is getting married? To who?

Cool videos. I guess the folks at EA Big got tired of reading post after post of "Bring back Jim Rose! That's NOT what an Australian sounds like! Why isn't Ryan Wall playing Mac?", so they went and made all of the characters mute. That's fine; we can just pretend what they're saying, and therefore it'll be all vulgar and stuff ;P

Outstanding music; I'll pick this up this weekend.

Again, cool clips, gondee. :cheers

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:53 am  Post subject:   
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
Looks very tempting :|

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:05 am  Post subject:   
Mac Challenge 5 MB (Again, I totally suck, I'm not posting these vids to show off my skill so you bitchy wiseguys like Gamingnerd can shove it up your piehole about how much I blow at my first attempt playing the Wii. :heh)

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/vide ... ngemac.wmv

deadpool247 wrote:
Marisol is getting married? To who?

It didn't say. I yelled when he just made a vague reference to her "special someone". :heh

Quote:
so they went and made all of the characters mute. That's fine; we can just pretend what they're saying, and therefore it'll be all vulgar and stuff ;P

Yeah, it's not that bad, the controller and game makes plenty of noise (annoying sometimes) so it's not silent. I do miss them saying stuff though. Not a single person has said a single thing, not even when you win.

Quote:
Outstanding music; I'll pick this up this weekend.

Yeah it is, it's a billion times better than On Tour and even better than 3. I am really digging it, JunkieXL did an excellent job.

A few more things - even though I'm pulling off Ubers, it's actually really hard to get the controller to register a misty or rodeo flip. I can start off with a backflip and then transfer to a misty/rodeo, but I haven't been able to really choose a misty starting off, it's kind of frustrating. It's not difficult to do grabs, but you have to put some thought into it ahead of time so that it goes like this in your head:

1) Jump
2) Do flips/spins
3) Do grabs
4) Do ubers
5) Push correction button to land the trick

You need some serious airtime to do all those in one jump. Most of the time it's either a simple flip with grab jump, or an uber jump.

I wish I could just push a button to right my boarder after a crash instead of having to go ballistic with the nunchuk and wiimote. I'm lazy. :P

When you pick your character you can push 1 to have Atomika say a little something - he said Elise tore her ACL in a bad surfing accident during the summer and recovered really quickly - it's got everyone buzzing. :heh

Character designs are really cool.

I just made it to Peak 2.

Peak 1 tracks - Dysfunktion (schizophrenia in SSX 3), Kick Doubt, Wild Tree Fun, Snow Jam, Compilation

Peak 2 tracks - Proud Powder (Son of A Birch), Happiness, Between the Sheets, Spring Break (Hot Dam)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:26 am  Post subject:   
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
Dang it, gondee, quit having so many kick-ass teaser videos up here, man! :heh

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:02 am  Post subject:   
Thank you so much gondee!! Its sooo amazing, i havent got the game, cuz i live in Denmark, so ill have to wait 29 bloody days more :mad Its sooo frustrating...
The game looks awesome, i love Elise so i would be REALLY glad if u could post some outfits for the different characters, that would be awesome!!
PS. U dont have to if u dont want to, of couse.... :heh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:09 am  Post subject:   
I will as soon as I get them Bombshell. :D Right now I have 1 whole outfit. :heh :heh :heh

The game assigns your characters skill points as you rise in experience, which kind of sucks, because the thing I have the most problem with is just turning.

The boards have stat bonuses and minuses as well:
I got that one by doing a air-time challenge (55 seconds) on Happiness, which was just a whole lot of manual resetting. :heh

Okay, I"m off to bed. Enjoy the vids, I'll do a few more tomorrow, but I've got a wedding to go to this weekend so I won't be able to do too much more until next Tuesday. :china

Atomika just said that Seeiah retired a while ago and is now spinning grooves in a Soho lounge. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:24 am  Post subject:   
Bombshell=Riggs: "i live in Denmark, so ill have to wait 29 bloody days more"

It's coming out 15 march here in DK^^

Anyway nice to read what real ssx players says instead from these reviewers that don't know how to use a wii controller. Keep the videos and impressions coming! :cheers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:10 am  Post subject:   
biamas wrote:
Bombshell=Riggs: "i live in Denmark, so ill have to wait 29 bloody days more"

It's coming out 15 march here in DK^^

Anyway nice to read what real ssx players says instead from these reviewers that don't know how to use a wii controller. Keep the videos and impressions coming! :cheers

Yeah, i was kinda thinking that too, but then i got REALLY confused when i saw two different release dates on two different sites...But then again, thats how it is all the time... ;) Though i hope u are right...That would be soo good !!! :woot

Last edited by Bombshell=Riggs on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:17 am  Post subject:   
(Gondee Wrote: I will as soon as I get them Bombshell. :D Right now I have 1 whole outfit. :heh :heh :heh)

Thanks!! Thats good enough, well...i can see its the outfit from SSX 3, does it have the ponytail (from year 2000 to year 2003 my favourite hairstyle for Elise was the ponytail, but now its short hair)...If u get an outfit of her from SSX OT....Then please post it.. ;P But only that outfit...And thank u soooo much, u really do ALOT for ur friends... :) :cheers

Last edited by Bombshell=Riggs on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:04 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
What are all of the remade tracks!?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:58 am  Post subject:   
By the way Gondee, u could also just use the cheatcode to get the rest of the outfits, but if i were you i wouldnt do that...But then again u could start up another game save, and then the code there.... :heh
PS. again, u dont have to, of couse... ;P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:18 pm  Post subject:   
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Nice vids Gondee, thanks for showing them. I noticed that Zoe was not in the character select vid :cry , do you have to unlock each character ? Also it seems from the vid a bit less grand than before, just starting points instead of the large peak stadiums etc...

It looks really cool, but can I justify buying a Wii just to play Blur ;) :heh

Atomica mentions an allstar reunion in your course run - could this be a later level or a hint at a new game??? :wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:25 pm  Post subject:   
lovin the vids!! cheers gondee...

just one thing...is it just me or have EA sacrificed all the attitude SSX had up until now and created a game for little kiddies?...i mean the characters dont look as cool (psymon looks like a 40 year old pedo, moby's lost his dreads, zoe's lost her tattoos and allegra's lost her freckles :glare), and they dont say anything, and all the track names have been changed. :frusty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:46 pm  Post subject:   
Some questions that few may care about, but I'm curious:

How many grabs are there? I remember one review saying that there were significantly less, but my fingers are crossed that they gave us more than a frontside (indy) and backside (method) grab.

Maybe this is more of a general Wii question, but is the game DTS equipped? If so, it probably says so on the packaging, but I haven't gotten my hands on one yet (or a Wii, for that matter - not until snowboarding season finishes).

Thanks for the first impressions and vids, gondee!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:53 pm  Post subject:   
enigmatic_vivacity wrote:
lovin the vids!! cheers gondee...

just one thing...is it just me or have EA sacrificed all the attitude SSX had up until now and created a game for little kiddies?...i mean the characters dont look as cool (psymon looks like a 40 year old pedo, moby's lost his dreads, zoe's lost her tattoos and allegra's lost her freckles :glare), and they dont say anything, and all the track names have been changed. :frusty

I think the game has always been the same, besides...Video games kinda IS for kids... :heh
But my favourite game is probably gonna be Blur, and i havent even played it yet. It looks better in graphics, gameplay, modes and basically everything. SSX would be a good game, if you ask me. SSX Tricky would be the same as SSX, just improved. SSX 3 was a really good game, but to me it didnt last as long as Tricky. SSX On Tour, was a real turn down for me in the start, but then i got used to it, and then i felt that (without the "make a player mode") it maybe even were better than SSX 3. SSX Blur looks to have it all, why always think about the bad things about the game, instead of thinking about the great package of game experience that we can get out of this game. :) Yes, it really IS annoying about the"no voices" thing, but we can only hope that they will make some great voices for the next game. And then be excited for the next game, and have a great time with Blur. Cuz they probably aint gonna make Blur better NOW :heh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:17 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Bildi
To turn off rumble, hit Home on the Wiimote and select Wii Remote Settings at the bottom of the screen. The option is in there. You can also turn the in-built speaker down - level one I have found to be the best in the few games I've played. Don't need any more than that coming out of such a tiny little speaker!

Everything is sounding awesome - just what I wanted to hear! Character voices don't bother me too much, I watched your first racing vid last night and really enjoyed it. I'm so glad there are some pretty nice big sounds when landing tricks and I am over the moon that they fixed the camera during Ubers - that was the last thing that was concerning me I think.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:36 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
How many grabs are there? I remember one review saying that there were significantly less, but my fingers are crossed that they gave us more than a frontside (indy) and backside (method) grab.

There are 4 grabs at this point. You hit the Z button and sway the wiimote forward, backward, left or right and that does a grab.

Quote:
To turn off rumble, hit Home on the Wiimote and select Wii Remote Settings at the bottom of the screen. The option is in there. You can also turn the in-built speaker down - level one I have found to be the best in the few games I've played.

Thanks for that!

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 4 [ 87 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4