Forum to discuss the SSX game for the Nintendo Wii
Post a reply

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:57 pm

Info through E-mail from EA today:

The SSX Blur soundtrack was composed by Junkie XL http://www.junkiexl.com . The soundtrack will be released by EA’s music marketing team on February 20, 2007. It will be offered as a digital download on ITunes and other music sites throughout the world.

We will also be supporting the game and soundtrack launch with a contest for the music and gaming community to see who can create the best SSX Blur track remix.

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:24 pm

Sounds cool. :wink

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:51 pm

Electronica is officially back!:woot
Great news, gondee. :cheers

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Yesss! I hope it's friendly JXL though. Cos some of their music is rather dark I think..

edit: oops. I just got him confused with a band. All seems fine.. moving on.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:51 am

Awwwwwwesome.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:16 am

Cool :)

Wasn't the rockstar remix from Junkie XL? :???

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Umm there was the elvis remix. With the soccer video clip, which did rather well. :)

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:06 am

I want to see some more Caesars. I really liked it along with some Frestyling. :rock

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:58 am

sweet

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:36 am

Not bad :)

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:31 am

Nice, we got trancey breakbeats.

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:14 am

there's a remix competition from the ssx soundtrack & beatport (where my tracks are available too):

"SSX Soundtrack and Beatport.com have teamed up to put on a remix contest for "Dark Territory." Starting on 2/22 you will be able to use 5 stems from the song that will be available on Beatport.com to create your own "Dark Territory" remix and submit it for contest entry.

5 people will be chosen to have their remix put on a new Dark Territory Remix EP, which will come out in April. Other prizes include a Nintendo Wii console and other SSX games. The contest ends on 3/22.

Be sure to check out Beatport.com on 2/22 for more information!"

i've checked out the sample of 'dark territory' so i definitely think i'll give it a shot. the record label i'm on isn't binding so i'm free to remix whatever else i want regardless of the label. also, i really wanna win so i can get a wii so i can actually get blur... :lol otherwise i won't be able to get it...

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:35 am

I think I need to WIN a Wii if I want to get Blur aswell...

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:49 pm

no way! Thats sick!! XL is awesome

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:09 pm

The album is on itunes.. the samples sound awesome. 15 tracks in total :)

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:56 pm

I'm a bit disappointed that the entire soundtrack is JXL.

The music previews on iTunes all sounds good, but it's a lot of the same thing.

What made the SSX 3 soundtrack so good was that it had a few songs I'd heard before ('Higher Ground') remixed....but it also introduced a lot of new groups / songs that I liked. The Caesars, Finger Eleven, Yellowcard. The different songs made each run feel a little different from the one before.

I'm going to miss lyrical music, and having the occasional guitar riff fade in after landing an uber. That being said, if the gameplay is anywhere near Tricky or SSX 3, this will be a minor gripe.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:57 pm

I'm more interested in the soundtrack than the game, heh. <3 JXL

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:24 am

Great news, this type of music is much more fitting for SSX.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:59 pm

RE Virus wrote:I'm more interested in the soundtrack than the game, heh. <3 JXL

I'm totally in the same boat as you man. :|
Post a reply