Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:34 pm  Post subject: SSX On Tour wormhole video  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
I post it in this forum to make it more visible, and because it's more relevant to a new game than to a dead game.

http://download.yousendit.com/7ACF189C175390E8

WORMHOLE COUNT
Roadkill: 4
Compilation: 1
Between the Sheets: 2 (I remember finding 1 more, but I forgot where it was)
White Knuckles: 1 (I know of 1 more, but I can't re-enter it)

Wormholes in SOT work similar than in SSX3. The main difference is that if you stay too long in a wormhole in SOT you'll be unable to get out of it. Overall the SOT whs are less useful than SSX3 whs, but they would still have ruined competition if there was any.

I know of 10 wormholes in SOT, but I've only searched for wormholes on Roadkill and BTS -- and I didn't devote that much time to it. Surely many more would be found if as much time was put into it as with SSX3.

The first wormhole I found was the 2nd BTS wh (in the video), in late October 2005, after someone mentioned having fallen into it by mistake (I think it was MrChaos). I showed it to gondee and we decided to keep it secret so as to not ruin the competition. We only told the SSX3 wh experts IceXtreme and Archie, and also iglooman, and Bakalhau who had found out by himself.

But now that SOT is totally dead and a new SSX is coming out, there's no point in keeping the secret, I'm sure y'all will agree. We must make sure EA takes care of our beloved wormholes and include them in SSX Blur!

gondee, cound you please host this video (as if it was another master run)? And make sure to bring this to the attention of EA before they finish the development of SSX Blur, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:13 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX On Tour wormhole video  
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
RE Virus wrote:
(I remember finding 1 more, but I forgot where it was)

The wh on BTS that you are talking about is probably the first one I came across. I know of it's exact location. But was never able to figure out how to enter it.

I don't feel like taking a pic of the exact location. But to explain it.. it is approximately at 4%, instead of taking the big log rail to the right there will be a big drop off in the middle. You would drop down there and come to a stop. What happened is there is some big ice rocks or something under there and I crashed and fell through the ground. I kept trying to re-enter it over and over by crashing near the ice rocks again but was unsuccessful. Didn't put much time into it. But I've landed in it maybe 2-3 times randomly. Hopefully E.A will work a little harder on patching up these gamebreaking wh's. Good finds Re :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:49 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Quote:
Wormholes in SOT work similar than in SSX3. The main difference is that if you stay too long in a wormhole in SOT you'll be unable to get out of it. Overall the SOT whs are less useful than SSX3 whs, but they would still have ruined competition if there was any.

And you can finish the race inside it and get to the results menu. I'm pretty sure of that... I did it some 4 or 5 times. Gotta check out your vid and try it out myself and see what happens. :???

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:45 am  Post subject:   
XBL: Paystationiat_512
PSN: Ablata_ab_albA
I remember one time, it was on hot dam, I managed to fall through the dam, but I never managed it again :no

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:10 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
I don't think it's possible to have a wormhole free game now (for some reason, EA still doesn't know that whatever they did in SSX 1 made wormholes obsolete) so I hope that future games will have wormhole (pic-verified) and non-wormhole (video-verified) scoreboards.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:44 pm  Post subject:   
Nice video RE. :) Btw, I agree with you alp.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:19 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Normally, I wouldn't worry about this if SSX Blur had new tracks - EA knows about the wormhole issue and hasn't done (or can't do) anything about them.

But in this case, SSX Blur is mostly old tracks, and I think wormhole vids can help the team patch the holes in the existing tracks.

Uploaded video is located here:
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxblur/worm ... mholes.wmv

RE - I can't remember - did you ever finish the SSX 3 wormholes video? That would be useful as well since they are including SSX 3 tracks as well. I'll check my computer tonight and if I find it I'll upload it, but could you let me know just in case I'm crazy and you didn't finish it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:46 pm  Post subject:   
Bah, I still need to give you a vid with the 15 whs. I'll try to do it this week.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:54 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
gondee wrote:
Normally, I wouldn't worry about this if SSX Blur had new tracks - EA knows about the wormhole issue and hasn't done (or can't do) anything about them.

But in this case, SSX Blur is mostly old tracks, and I think wormhole vids can help the team patch the holes in the existing tracks.

That's not the way to do it, as we'd find other wormholes. That's what they did with On Tour -- they just added an invisible wall boundary (which was missing in some places and could be jumped over in others). It should be very easy to fix the problem if they understand what the problem is. It's the simple fact that the act of switching stance resets the reset timer.

Quote:
RE - I can't remember - did you ever finish the SSX 3 wormholes video? That would be useful as well since they are including SSX 3 tracks as well. I'll check my computer tonight and if I find it I'll upload it, but could you let me know just in case I'm crazy and you didn't finish it?

I started the project almost two years ago, but I never finished it, nope. :heh When I started recording the 20 or so wormholes I knew of, I started finding more and more wormholes -- at the end there were too many to keep track, and the video editor I used started crashing all the time. When CR2 sends me the whs he knows I will finish it, I promise.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:09 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Gondee, the next time you talk to your EA rep, can you PLEASE just remind them that SSX 1 wormholes are obsolete. If they just use the same system this can all be done with, it's so simple. -_-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:16 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
:heh That was FOUR games ago dude - I don't know if they're willing to go THAT old school. Like I said, the team knows about the wormholes, we told them when we went there in 2003, we reiterated it in 2005 with On Tour, and we'll say it again now. Hopefully they'll fix the issue after 5 games, but if it uses the same basic engine (which it looks like it does) then it might be so basic that it's tough to fix.

RE, if you could release the wormhole video as is to me so I can give them the URL, that's good enough. As long as there's some kind of documentation, then that'll do the trick. It doesn't have to contain all the wormholes or even be anything more than a production of clips. :yes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:51 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:

Cool - thanks! Now that I've almost finished SSX On Tour, I'll want to go back and check out all the "fun" stuff :)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]