Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:50 pm  Post subject: SSX Online Pass Details Emerge  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Image SSX, being an EA game, will have an online pass. Most online passes will restrict the gamer from playing online until the pass is activated or a pass is bought (if, say for example, you bought the game used).

However, SSX's online pass will be different as revealed today by IGN. It will let you play online. There is, however, a slight catch. If you have not activated an online pass, any credits you earn in online modes will not be added to your total and will be banked. Since the credits are banked, if at any point you decide to activate or buy an online pass, you will be awarded these credits retroactively.

Hit the jump for the full IGN article and EA's official statement.

---

Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1217532p1.html
IGN Article wrote:
As you may have noticed during our IGN Live Presents demo, SSX will take advantage of an Online Pass. Anyone who buys the game new will find a redemption code in the box, while used buyers risk missing out and acquiring an expired pass. We asked EA, who isn't a stranger to this business practice, what the SSX Online Pass was all about. Mercifully, you'll be able to play online multiplayer regardless of if you use a code -- but you'll lose out on earnings without it.

Unlike Mortal Kombat or EA's own Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, SSX won't lock out online gameplay using its Online Pass. EA says economy balance "makes it possible to unlock all available content and allows you to participate in all event drops across both Explore and Global Events." So what do you miss out on if you don't have a code?

"In SSX, players without an Online Pass are able to compete and play in both of SSX's online game modes, Explore and Global Events with no restrictions," an EA representative explained. "In Global Events, the top finishers from each event are awarded with in-game credits. These in-game credits earned during play will not be awarded to the player if they do not have an Online Pass." If at any point you find yourself in dire need of that currency, redeeming your code or purchasing one from within the game will earn you access to any and all credits you've accrued online.

SSX is available February 28 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and it's looking pretty awesome.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/30/ssx-39-s-online-pass-isn-39-t-too-bad.aspx
EA's Statement wrote:
As you know, all EA Sports games for the Xbox 360 and PS3 have included a game-specific EA Sports Online Pass since June 2010. This is a one-time use registration code with each unit sold new at retail that allows access to online services and features, as well as bonus game content. Once activated, additional passes will be available for $10. Thus, all new copies of SSX will include a code for Online Pass. EA Sports has made a significant investment to offer immersive online services and features. We want to reserve these online services for people who pay EA to access them.

In SSX, players without an Online Pass are able to compete and play in both of SSX's online game modes, Explore and Global Events with no restrictions. In Global Events, the top finishers from each event are awarded with in-game credits. These in-game credits earned during play will not be awarded to the player if they do not have an Online Pass; these credits will be stored so that at any time, if a player redeems an Online Pass code, all the credits that they had previously earned in Global Events will be immediately awarded to them.

Economy balance makes it possible to unlock all available content and allows you to participate in all event drops across both Explore and Global Events, with credits earned solely in Explore.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:42 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Online Pass Details Emerge  
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
I kind of like this idea, if you rent or buy it pre-owned,
you can still play online, but can save yourself $10,
if it isn't something that you want to keep playing.

As for me, i wouldn't mind buying it pre-owned, but might
just get it new, it depends how much fun and replay i'll get of it.

I saved $20 for BF3 before, if i can't get a deal like that, then i'll see

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]