Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:10 pm  Post subject: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: DeimosClay
Just saw it in the most recent update. Interesting choice for the first SSX game to make available, is it worth it? I never played.
On conversion it costs about US$ 15.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:37 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: Emu90
Wow! I wonder why they chose to remake that one instead of the more legendary SSX Tricky and SSX 3. Oh well...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:43 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: hypnotic_boogie
i bet that is the exclusive surprise Todd is going to mention in the livestream.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:18 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
it wasn't remade...

all it is is the psp version available for digital download:

*pointless pic removed, lol*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:30 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: DeimosClay
No, its a new one for ps3. It's not out in the US region yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
Attack Duck Owner
ah, gotcha. i had seen the psp version in the euro psn store today. i had gotten a google alert for the ps2 version but when i searched the store, i didn't find anything other than OT for psp. And then when i took that pic earlier this afternoon to make a topic, i realized that the release date was last year so the psp version wasn't new so i never made the topic.

well then yeah...a big wtf to release THAT as a ps2 classic. :wtf

still not a remake though, just a re-release of a ps2 game, no hd or nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:28 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: LilG912912
Loooooooooool.....I'm not buying that crap, already got it for gamecube...EA sports is trolling us... omfg smfh..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: dvlboi43
while On Tour isn't my favorite SSX game, this is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope that means that they're going to release the others at some point... and since they seem to be going backwards, the next one should be SSX3!!!!!!!!! :D

-Nigel Thornberry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: Equinoqs
I haven't played On Tour, never really liked what I saw of it, but the completist in me would like to play it anyway. I think I'd rather own the disc, though, unless the DL version has an online component.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:06 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
When I read the title, I thought you were on about the PSP version. :frusty
Next they will release.....THE SSX DEMO!!!! :jawdrop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:48 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
4.56 / 5.00 that's bullshit. But it is also based on the people who bought it since you can't rate a game unless you do.

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
XBL: joejakt
One of the most beloved games? Uhh......no

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: illmatic24
Hopefully this means they'll release the other SSX games on there at some point. And if this was the only option out of all the PS2 titles, I'd be interested in it if they ever allow us to play these PS2 games on the Vita. I'd buy it for that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
Attack Duck Owner
how would it work on the vita since the vita only has two shoulder buttons and the ps2 controller had four?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:49 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: illmatic24
They made On Tour for the PSP but I only played it once for a couple minutes. I forgot how they did the tricks but I'm sure they had some kind of scheme that worked.

And the Vita has the back touch screen that it can use as extra buttons but that would probably be awkward for tricks. Alright, maybe it's a bad idea to play a game like that on a portable system unless it's made for it specifically. lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:08 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
I own the game for PS2 already, but it's a little tempting to get it for PS3 and go through it again with smoothing and new controller. Other than skiing, I liked On Tour, even if it wasn't as good as the two games before it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: jonipooon
I think I read somewhere that both SSX1 and SSX Tricky are not convertible with PS3/360, or that its more difficult to convert them or something. Maybe that's why they chose On Fucking Tour first.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:30 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: Endemism
Just bought it. :) Have it for my old Xbox but really want to replay it on a better screen and with PS controls. And yes, I'm one of the few people here who actually enjoy this game. :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:01 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
ok so wait, is this on playstation store or what? i thought it was decided it was only for PSP.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:01 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: Endemism
Tunes wrote:
ok so wait, is this on playstation store or what? i thought it was decided it was only for PSP.

Nope. PSP has "On Tour Essentials" (whatever that is) and PS3 has the ordinary On Tour. Both at PS Store.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
i have been searching the store every update but i am not seeing any other SSX other than SSX (2012).

i really want to try out On Tour. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:29 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
Attack Duck Owner
It's only in the Euro PSN store as far as I know. It's definitely not in the US store.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 pm  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
PSN: shimesa
I never got why people hated On Tour...I get that it was a bit odd but it's still fun...I got it in Hawai'i while I was there cause I saw it in a store for 5 bucks thinking "oh well the fandom hates this one, at least it's 5 bucks."

I actually really like it though...not as much as 3 but I like it...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:14 am  Post subject: Re: On Tour available at PSN Store  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
TaneIsAmaze wrote:
I never got why people hated On Tour...I get that it was a bit odd but it's still fun...I got it in Hawai'i while I was there cause I saw it in a store for 5 bucks thinking "oh well the fandom hates this one, at least it's 5 bucks."

I actually really like it though...not as much as 3 but I like it...

The only On Tour I hated was for the PSP. It doesn't live up to the console version of the game. Basically, On Tour PSP is a re-release of SSX 3 but with different characters and the use of ski's. That's all I think about what it is on the PSP but it's not like it's 'BAD' or anything, it's still good. Anyway it came out in 2005 so it's kinda shows what the PSP could do at the point of release.

The controls are very weird for me to use, it is kinda hard for me to master doing tricks and all. It isn't the same where you basically hold the stick in a direction and you do a trick. Also to talk about character customization, it's very limited. You get to select a character and you would be able to use only pre-made outfits, you can't make up your own like in the console version of the game.

You can't exactly see properly in most areas of the game, mostly in dark areas at night and such but I think that's just me. To me, it's good but not as good as the PS2/XBOX/GAMECUBE version. I still have it, both console and handheld. I got it for PS2 and XBOX along with the PSP.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 24 posts ]