Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:36 pm  Post subject: can't find Rider In The Mist @ Wild Tree Fun boast  
I'm still struggling through this pain in the ass, on skis. My current woe is trying to find the Rider In The Mist @ Wild Tree Fun boast. The FAQ says
Quote:
After "Chew on the Bough" you land in the section with two different routes, you have to get on the higher one, if you follow it, you'll see two snow-cannons in front of a little wood. Get on one of them and "boost with feeling" to catch this boast floating in the mist.
I've done "Chew on the Bough". When I boost off the log where I think that boast was, it shoots me towards the right and I end up in some featureless snow to the right of the ring scaffolding on the main course. I have no idea what these "two different routes" are, let alone which is "higher". If I head left I wind up going down the right-side corrugated tunnel which merges with a left-side corrugated metal tunnel and the merged tunnel comes out near the end stadium. If I head straight through this snowy area I come out to the right of the merged tunnels near the end stadium. If I head right I end up in trees on the hard right border of the track, and eventually get forced down to the end stadium. I don't see two snow-cannons anywhere, the only features I see are the ring scaffolding and the tunnels. Should I somehow be trying to ski over the tunnel? ??!? :???

Are there any pictures or FAQs for this boast?

Thanks for any tips. At this rate I'll complete this bear in 2012 and the world will end. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:24 pm  Post subject: Re: can't find Rider In The Mist @ Wild Tree Fun boast  
Go as if you want to do Chew the Bough, but turn left before hitting the grind. Stay left of the main track. Through the trees you should see a snow cannon that you grind up to hit the camera. Then you land on the bumpy strait that goes under some metal hoops, just before the ring of fire jump into the finnishing area.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:31 am  Post subject: Re: can't find Rider In The Mist @ Wild Tree Fun boast  
Sajjetta, thanks! The key is not taking the grind and staying left. I find I'm forced onto the banked track but I can jump early off its left wall, head further left and then I'm above the two cannons.

The FAQ needs this update. I have other updates for the FAQ, should I post them here?

So I have all boasts and... nothing happened :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:45 pm  Post subject: Re: can't find Rider In The Mist @ Wild Tree Fun boast  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Sure, post updates for the FAQ if you'd like. I always appreciate it when people contribute stuff. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:18 am  Post subject: Re: can't find Rider In The Mist @ Wild Tree Fun boast  
I think the way that its supposed to be reached is as follows. 'After the huge jump under the gondola station go off to the right of the main track, stay to the right as the main track goes over all of the jumps, then bear left when the main track does but still keeping to the right of it, you should pass between the chew the bough log (on your left) and the tunnel (on your right) then jump the main track and you should see the snow cannon straight ahead.' This lets you hit it with more speed than following the chew the bough route in.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:54 am  Post subject: Re: can't find Rider In The Mist @ Wild Tree Fun boast  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
THL posted a video recently. It's a tutorial for boasts:

Part 2:

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]