Switch to full style
Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

What did you hate the most about On Tour?

Skiis
12%
The Create-a-Character mode
12%
Tyson
2%
Sid
14%
Skye
2%
The messed up SSX characters
59%

Total votes : 51

Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:00 pm

For me, it was Sid, he was just irritating! Not to mention he was the one responsible for changing Kaori! :frusty

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:47 am

I really didn't like the "create-a-character", i wanted to play only as the original and few new characters on the "tour" mode. OT is so disappointing :(

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:48 pm

The monster cam easily came in as the worst feature of On Tour. Next was the crappy atmosphere and forced "We rock" motif. Next would be the fact that you can't play as any of the characters in career mode.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Not to mention the multiplayer mode where the loser keeps on getting set fwd. Oh and a speedo wud be gud too.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:10 pm

how about i just say what i liked since it's a much shorter list...i liked one or two of the tracks. that was it. :lol

Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Yep I like the tracks & the seamless joins between them. I also like the return to airtime being very slow like Tricky

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:22 am

I voted for Create-A-Character. I mean, the cac's wasn't even unique, they all looked the same in the boring clothes. I liked the SSX characters new style in the game, BUT they were dead, they had no personalities - and you couldn't ride with them or change their clothes like in previously games.

My list, though, on hate things (no specific order)

1. Monsters - Seriously, so annoying!
2. No replays - whyyyyyyyyyy??
3. The clothes - They were totally lame and destroyed some of the SSX feeling, like, where did all the wonderful colors go?
4. Iron Maiden on the soundtrack - Who came up with this idea...?

P.S. The doodles were cool. Actually, OT could've been an awesome game if they had put more work and effort into it.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:01 am

I hated what they did to the originals. What happened to the personality?
My other picky point: SKIS?!?!?!?!?

Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:30 pm

gondee wrote: Next was the crappy atmosphere and forced "We rock" motif.

No.
gondee wrote: The monster cam easily came in as the worst feature of On Tour.

Yes.

[img]I hated what they did to the originals. What happened to the personality?
My other picky point: SKIS?!?!?!?!?[/img] If a characters is designed GOOD to look it doesn't mean it SHOULD be interesting if it goes for it's personality(see that dude from condemned 2, horrible character development)
Not a big lost since Tricky. Back then it was lulzy and not taking itself "LOL DEEP"

I voted for Create-A-Character. I mean, the cac's wasn't even unique, they all looked the same in the boring clothes.

Have in mind that snowboard fashion IS dull and boring. wasn't a big lose.
The reason for sure why OT didn't give you a boner was because you weren't their reciver, they went from lolgamers to lolsnowboarders buy our games too! let's milk it lolool

3. The clothes - They were totally lame and destroyed some of the SSX feeling, like, where did all the wonderful colors go?

OT was a sellout if it goes for clothing.
that's why my character had the superior suit.

As much as i feel a huge hate towards metalfags for their sheep-life style. I cannot agree with you that adding Iron whores was a bad choice, in fact they added the one, and only "rocky" track by them which quite suited the games over all stylistic.
P.S. The doodles were cool. Actually, OT could've been an awesome game if they had put more work and effort into it.

OT was fine, it just wasn't an SSX game.
i would love to call it a spin off or something.
or coolboarders 2.0:EXTREME

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:38 pm

Psymon...oh God...;_;

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:52 am

I slightly like it. (Compared to blur mind.) SXX 3 was the best that SXX could possibly get... I think...

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:47 am

Tendo Queen wrote:Psymon...oh God...;_;

Yeah I wouldn't have minded actually playing with Psymon rather than having to play against him because I love him too much. o_O Anywayz, why the smeg did they have to being skis in? I can't do skis!

Oh, and he should stick to the Dero spikes. The mohawk just ain't right, man.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:59 am

I didn't like the speed. It was too fast and the racing wasn't close enough. And I hated the bluring effect when you used the adrenaline boost.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:04 am

Sajjetta wrote:I didn't like the speed. It was too fast and the racing wasn't close enough. And I hated the bluring effect when you used the adrenaline boost.

Oh yeah... for me that's a tad hard on my poor sensitive eyes. For PS2 I don't like how I have to use the right analog stick to do my monster tricks, I prefer to use the L and R buttons to do my monster tricks. Because using the right analog stick makes me repeat tricks, regardless whether it was intended or not, most of the time unintended.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:21 pm

almost all of The messed up SSX characters

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:35 am

Jonipoon wrote:I voted for Create-A-Character. I mean, the cac's wasn't even unique, they all looked the same in the boring clothes. I liked the SSX characters new style in the game, BUT they were dead, they had no personalities - and you couldn't ride with them or change their clothes like in previously games.

My list, though, on hate things (no specific order)

1. Monsters - Seriously, so annoying!
2. No replays - whyyyyyyyyyy??

EDIT
Last edited by Blockkoman on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Other people panning it

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:29 pm

crispncrunchy wrote:Other people panning it

wtf??

Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:49 am

NikkySan wrote:For me, it was Sid, he was just irritating! Not to mention he was the one responsible for changing Kaori! :frusty

i agree wit it

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Um, where are the less cohesive career structure, poor track design, terrible presentation and most importantly, messed up uber-tricks (using the same button as Buttering, and change for the sake of change are bad enough, but slo-motion? Really?) options?

Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:03 pm

I didn't like the fact the whole game was confusing. When it came to choosing an event to choose it was hella confusing.

I didn't like the Create-a-Character mode either, it was useless in my opinion.
The Tour mode was a waste of time really. The clothes are all ugly, and the races are way to long!

The newbies were all boring, (expect for Sid, cause he was the cause of the whole Kaori/Mac thing. Which makes things a little interesting, no?)

The SSX messed up characters...oh god so, so, sad! Psymon was so cool before!
Kaori was a sweetheart, now look at them...they all looked terrible.

Skiis was OKAY to me, but...I mean come on! It's a snowboarding game, not skiing!

Too disappointing...but overall it wasn't a bad game, just didn't reach the SSX level.

My vote on SSX messed characters, it's not SSX without them.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:36 pm

SweetWildFlowers wrote:Kaori was a sweetheart, now look at them...they all looked terrible.

*uses part reply*

Yup, it looked like a b1tch*

*= (Used L33T SP34K for inappriorate language)

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:28 am

Yeah, my husband nearly had a heart attack when he saw Psymon with the mohawk. And I quote, "That is NOT Psymon."

PsymonStarkIsGod wrote:
Tendo Queen wrote:Psymon...oh God...;_;

Yeah I wouldn't have minded actually playing with Psymon rather than having to play against him because I love him too much. o_O Anywayz, why the smeg did they have to being skis in? I can't do skis!

Oh, and he should stick to the Dero spikes. The mohawk just ain't right, man.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:31 pm

I hated THE GAME ITSELF

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:17 pm

agreed
Post a reply