Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:20 pm  Post subject: Freeriding in OT  
Ok I feel really dumb, how do you freeride in OT? I am playing on the gamecube and it doesn't seem to be in any of the options/menus. The booklet says something about having to unlock it and then pressing Y on the map screen. Does anyone know how to unlock it or does it just pop up after you have done enough shreds/won enough medals? :???

BTW. I don't like the blurring in OT, it makes it harder to see what's coming up, even makes me want to not press the boost button anymore. :frusty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:15 pm  Post subject:   
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
You have to unlock it by racing etc before you free ride, selected from the map screen during Tour mode.

and yes.....i hate the blur effect as well :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:47 am  Post subject:   
Yeti wrote:
You have to unlock it by racing etc before you free ride, selected from the map screen during Tour mode.

and yes.....i hate the blur effect as well :)

Yeah thanks, I completed a few more events and became a rookie and it popped up. I must say Psymon is a bit *different* lol, also I keep on hitting innocent bystanders at top speed down the runs which I feel a bit bad about. :heh

I don't know what it is about OT. It just feels narrower (probably a result of the blurring). In SSX 3 it felt cool flying down the mountain side in Happiness, everything looked wider and bigger. It's hard to explain about OT, it just looks narrower. I'll play a bit more and try and figure what exactly is different.

Oh yeah and another pet peeve at the moment is the monster tricks slow-mo effect. Once in slow-mo I feel I have plenty of time to land but it's deceving because once I stop the monster trick everything speeds up again and I realise I miscalculated and end up landing on my head. :glare

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:18 am  Post subject:   
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
NO , your right in my opinon it is a much more confined set of courses, even at the peak, theres that many trees you dont get that wide open space feel ssx3 had. Plus, and tell me if you think the same, even when free riding you feel rushed like your still racing. When you freeride in ssx3 you could just ride the track and chill out, let me know if thats the feeling you get.

I dont mind the slow mo effect, you get used to it, Its the blur and slight zoom that I hated, which is a shame as Blur does the same effect when boosting.

as for innocent bystanders, later levels require you to hit them :heh

My fav level style is the snowpatrol runs, where they're out to stop you :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:26 pm  Post subject:   
Narrower yep, plus the racing is less intense due to a more spread out field rathe than the other games close racing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:40 pm  Post subject:   
Yeti wrote:
Plus, and tell me if you think the same, even when free riding you feel rushed like your still racing. When you freeride in ssx3 you could just ride the track and chill out, let me know if thats the feeling you get.

Yeah, that's exactly right. It all feels rush rush. That's a real shame because it was cool exploring and messing around the slopes on SSX 3 especially R&B and Style Mile.

Yeti wrote:

I dont mind the slow mo effect, you get used to it, Its the blur and slight zoom that I hated, which is a shame as Blur does the same effect when boosting.

Oh no tell me they didn't do again! :cry
I think I'll send EA Big an email and tell them to quit with the blur effects already.

Yeti wrote:

My fav level style is the snowpatrol runs, where they're out to stop you :)

Just did one of those, I just kept on running into the patrol guys and knocking them down, half the time by accident :heh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:22 pm  Post subject:   
Freeriding does feel like a chore doesn't it? I can't put my finger on why it seems that way. But, I like the Blur effect. Gives me a great sense of speed. The slo-mo is becoming lame. And with such a limited set of "special tricks"(I won't call them monsters), it doesn't look cool. And yea, because there's oftentimes more goin on what with the bystanders and obstacles scattered about, the OT courses feel narrower but they actually have more lines and shortcuts than SSX3's. I actually hate that every race seems to take you through the same courses because they all connect. I liked this at first but it now it's becoming repetitive. Escaping Ski Patrol is fun though and getting knockdowns, whether it be other riders or bystanders, amuses me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:07 pm  Post subject:   
to be honest i only free ride with mac and do other events i dont like the story mode :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:18 am  Post subject:   
FlyMike wrote:
Freeriding does feel like a chore doesn't it? I can't put my finger on why it seems that way. But, I like the Blur effect. Gives me a great sense of speed.

Well, in SSX3 I think successfully managed to convey a sense of speed without the blur effect. The blur just gives me a headache and makes my eyes water. But each to their own. Personally when they make the next game I hope they take it out, lol, fat chance I know :cry

FlyMike wrote:
the OT courses feel narrower but they actually have more lines and shortcuts than SSX3's.

Yeah, they are wider but to me they just feel less open. What I loved about SSX 3 was in the backcountry and also at some point in the courses you were literally flying/bouncing (or in my case falling head over heels) down the mountain with an eagle eye view of the whole mountain side, it rocked.

Anyway I was doing some slopestyle and it was better, didn't feel as rushed. It felt more like SSX 3.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:06 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #1
PSN: Adru1011
I will like to have the, and when I do I will be freeriding to see for myself what's to do.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]