Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:49 pm  Post subject: Why OT sucks (In my opinion)  
I despise this games existence.

I am a big time SSX fanatic. I played all off the SSX's and im gonna play Blur in a day or so (gonna rent before buying..i bought OT before renting and i learned my lesson). My favorite character is Psymon.

Alright..look. When you started to play SSX..what did you like? Well i liked it because the characters seemed real to me. They all had history and emotion and their own style. All the characters had their own moved and their own look which defined them. I loved Psymon along with the other characters' looks. Psymon was the metal head with the piercings, Zoe was the rocker chick with the punk look. And then...i picked up OT..hoping it was as fun as SSX 3 and below.

Well..the first thing i saw that offended me was the HORRIBLE backgrounds and drawing style. The second thing and this is what pissed me off the most was the fact that you had to make your own character..WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!? I don't get to play as the legends like Psymon or Mac or Eddie and win awards and rise through the ranks? All the character models look HIDEOUS. And all of the characters can get the same clothes and the same looks..how boring.

Also..you don't earn stat points any more..no..you buy boards meaning that at the end all the players have the same stats. And Uber Tricks?..these are NOT uber. How come i can't do the Guilotine...or even The Worm? because im forced to do the same tricks over and over. Well..i don't like this character im gonna make a new one and he's gonna have different moves...NO..he's gona have the same moves

They basically erased the characters originality.

Oh and i read some of the topics about what you like in OT...and the one that confuses me is difficulty. This game is NOT difficult. I got the high score the first time i did the Final Showoff course.

Oh and about the legends..WTF HAPPENED TO THEM!!!?!? Zoe looks like a valley girl she doesn't have that rocker look. And Psymon looks like he lost a fight to a mower and then was raped.

And what happened to Radio Big..Dj Atomika and Rahzel?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:14 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Dr Spud 10x
PSN: Dr_Spud_10x
Yeah, on tour was kind of... bad.

But don't worry about Blur. It might not have as much content as SSX3, but it's worlds better than on tour, and the cool controls make it compete in awesomeness with SSX3.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:31 pm  Post subject:   
On Tour as a snowboarding game wasn't that bad, but as an entry in the SSX series, it wasn't good. You pretty much hit all the nails on the head.

One of the series biggest strenghts, IMO, were the characters that EA created and "evoved" for 3 games straight. Then, they sucked all the life/personality out of them... I kinda enjoyed the CAC, but if I had to choose from my own character and the original characters, GIVE ME THE ORIGINALS...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:12 pm  Post subject:   
I really love seeing people on the "FAN SITE!!!" of this series critisize A game just cause its not perfect? its not the best but cmon at least they made another one this is a fan site for supporting the series and if you'd like me to spell it out id be glad to

Merqurycity.com- SSX fan site

SSX on tour- an ssx game!!!!

so instead of saying this game sucks whynot say nothing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:57 am  Post subject:   
XBL: freejayfly
Animegamer71 wrote:
so instead of saying this game sucks whynot say nothing

because they are our opinions and if EA can't take crit for how crappy the game turned out, they should take our advice and change it back to how the game gained it's popularity and put back in what made it fun. I honestly don't care if you liked the game, but a lot pf us didn't and those of us who want to be heard will stay and try and make a change for the better of the game.

:blahblah

Because we care :|

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:19 am  Post subject:   
and those of us who want to be heard will stay and try and make a change for the better of the game. [/quote] yea well ive attempted to be heard and make a change around here but nobody ever listened and i see pointless spam topics getting 100 replies actually listening

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:22 am  Post subject:   
XBL: freejayfly
:glare Well, at least we can try... :mad

also, i dislike skeptics :yes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:00 pm  Post subject:   
I don't think OT sucks (yes Im just playing it now, kind of behind the times). In fact evading the ski patrol and chase 'em down are fantastic.

I also thought it was quite amusing creating your own character. I used to like Elise/Zoe etc. until they started taunting me mercilessly in OT but I am enjoying out maneouvering them.

It's just really the blurring that I don't enjoy.

Oh and that song that sounds like inspector gadget when it starts - makes me want to run from the room.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:57 pm  Post subject:   
Haha which song is that Raz?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:50 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Showoff: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #1
PSN: Adru1011
I just hope EA will keep making SSX games good, like SSX and Tricky and 3. Not much stuff added into OT. Still I like the monsters in the game. I wish 5 won't be as bad as ON TOUR......

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:03 am  Post subject:   
FlyMike wrote:
Haha which song is that Raz?

Chali2Na
International feat. Beenie Man
Fish Outta Water

According to the EA site.

Can't stand it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:02 am  Post subject:   
Problems with On Tour vs SSX3...

I definitely thought it was a step in the wrong direction. I am an SSX3 addict... when my friends got me On Tour I was very excited as you can imagine, but it was disappointing.

I think the graphics are good, I actually like the blurring effect when you go very fast. But the change in music style is a downer, and they should have stuck with the traversable mountain format of SSX3... that was just too cool and made it feel like the mountain was real.

My biggest grudge, and to me this was HUGE: if you're going to make a game where the players are custom designed... GIVE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE BETWEEN REGULAR AND GOOFY STANCE! Not having that (as far as I could figure out) completely ruined the game for me because it showed that they really didn't put thought into it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:39 am  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
how anyone figured out the naming convention for SSX4 is beyond me....im still confused by it. doh.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:17 am  Post subject:   
Iball wrote:
"All the character models look HIDEOUS. And all of the characters can get the same clothes and the same looks..how boring."

lol, what's with the disguised face, did anybody in the world actually picked the face??? What were they thinking when they came up with that?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:49 am  Post subject:   
I honestly don’t know why people give OT such a bad rap. I’ve finished it 100% and I can say that I enjoyed it just as much as playing SSX 3. Ok, so you can’t play as the usual cast of characters but you get to race/trick against them and the whole moving up the charts thing I thought was nicely done. I’ll admit that the blurring and slo-mo effects got to me at first, but after a while I got used to it and it wasn’t a drawback in anyway. What I liked best were the different challenges (snow cop/ 1 on 1 race/ ski kids/ catch up/ rail this etc) and the courses which were incredibly wide and well organised with hidden rails laying out super fast lines and the constant criss-crossing of alt. routes. The music was different (some songs I really like other not), but as always the jukebox allows you to pick and choose and cut out the really annoying ones. The start gate zoom across was absent along with the shuffle - probably because most of the time you were racing against unknowns, but the presenters voice was cool. Overall OT just seemed more sophisticated than SSX 3.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:19 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Sppeedbreaker
Hey man chill, just chillllllllllll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:52 am  Post subject:   
Yeah, i liked OT too, but i think we all agree that it`s not the best and/or could have been much better...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:13 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
Don't get me wrong, I thought SSX4 was a passable game, it is enjoyable and challenging and pretty cool, time has shown me that. When it first came out, it didn't live up to the very very lofty expectations I had for it, and I was alot harder on it that I probably should have been.

With all that said, I can't say SSX4 is even in the same universe as SSX3, except maybe in track design, and even then, those damn birch trees in 4 are just plain dumb.

Ultimately though, I give EAC props for taking chances with its series, its something most publishers including EA have been slammed for in the past, not enough originality, so I applaud EAC for what they tried to do, even if it didn't pan out for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:30 pm  Post subject:   
I've just finished playing OT a week ago, and I have to say I got more out of it than last time I played it (Christmas 2005! :heh ). But there are still a lot things I didn't like about it.

Note: I apologise for reviving a dead topic in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:03 am  Post subject:   
PSN: Emskinen
I liked OT, but I completed it in a day. I thought it was OK, but too easy and just a bit on the boring side. And I was looking forward to being Moby or Zoe agai straight away, which never happened. (You can guess I wasn't too happy about that, SSX1 was a Christmas present when I was 10, and they have alway sbeen my favourite 2 characters.)

I think it's a bit too different for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 am  Post subject:   
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
the reason why i like this game is because i'm good...but i suck at halfpipes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:44 am  Post subject: Re: Why OT sucks (In my opinion)  
i wouldn't say Zoe is a rocker chick, she certainyl leans towards that side of things but she is the Enigma, the mystery, the wild card the misunderstood no really knows what she is cause she is the ultimate icon of independence she refuses to look like any style and mixes and matches trends to both mock and compliment them, read her SSX 3 profile cause that hits zoe on the head exactly. heck no one even knows where she is from everyone else it's: nationality and then specific area like say Mac: American (New York). but with Zoe it's just: American (???) LOL no one knows n that is why i liek her more then any other. mind u if u lsiten to her accent in the past games she does have a slight southern accent "gravity is my FRIEYND" some people she was an orphan or a child abuse victim hence why they never reveal her origins...personally i like it as a mystery.

OT was great graphic wise and the mountain was great but i admit it struggles to keep up with SSX 3, u have to understand though SSX, SSX Tricky and SSX 3 are all chronological and one after the other SSX On Tour was kind of like a non canon alternate world where u r trying to be as good as the ego inflated legends. it is clear to me that many people didn't bear this in mind and that the adverts for OT didn't make that clear when it first was on tv. everyoen thought it was meant to be a sequal with everythnig SSX 3 had and mroe but it's really off the same road as the other 3 if that makes sense (as is blur which massively blows).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:30 am  Post subject: Re: Why OT sucks (In my opinion)  
DMaster wrote:
some people she was an orphan or a child abuse victim

What the fuck?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:54 am  Post subject: Re: Why OT sucks (In my opinion)  
LOL hey i'm just the messenger on that one, it's not my view, i said the same when i first heard that...mine is she simply lieks to keep her background a mystery, she lives in the moment and what she is now. i don't think they meant to sound wrong or messed up, i think what they meant by that was just that Zoe possibly comes from a bad background which is why she is such a massively independent chick, tomboy and deliberetly makes herself unique and independent fashion wise.

anyway come on don't tell me u got nothnig else to say on the matter?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Why OT sucks (In my opinion)  
Gravitude MVP
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
Um... this "Zoe" you know... is a videogame character. A bunch of textures. You know this, right?

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  1, 2