Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:38 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:39 am  Post subject: recreating old characters in CAC  
I was wondering if any1 atemptted to create these old "rejects" from previous SSX games from CAC, though i don't own the game yet.

Check out my high score, man.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:45 am  Post subject:   
XBL: freejayfly
meh, I'm getting it soon, I was hoping to create a few "rejects" myself lol :heh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:54 pm  Post subject:   
DONT CALL THEM `REJECTS`! God damn! :glare

I tried recreating my favourite character of alltime (CHARACTER, not `REJECT`, COS SHES NOT A REJECT SO LEAVE HER ALONE), Marisol. But none of the hair was anything close to hers, and the clothes are a disgrace to her style. And it still wouldnt be anything close to the real Marisol - her voice, personality & tricks wouldnt be there at all. Its just pointless :dead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:55 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
HD wrote:
DONT CALL THEM `REJECTS`! God damn! :glare

I tried recreating my favourite character of alltime (CHARACTER, not `REJECT`, COS SHES NOT A REJECT SO LEAVE HER ALONE), Marisol. But none of the hair was anything close to hers, and the clothes are a disgrace to her style. And it still wouldnt be anything close to the real Marisol - her voice, personality & tricks wouldnt be there at all. Its just pointless :dead

Dude I love Brodi I do, but they're rejects :heh

On the other hand I agree with you, whats the point. To be quite honest everythings sucked so bad since tricky Marisol Brodi and that should be glad they didn't return to get suckified.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:01 pm  Post subject:   
Most of the faces on the CAC system look pretty retarded to be honest. Sorry to rain on your parade and all but you will be lucky to create some thing human looking never mind modelling it on a previous, rejected charachter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:11 pm  Post subject:   
I already tried this, and it isn't possible. I couldn't even create the new character Tyson, much less any of the old IPs.

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/vi ... php?t=5975

I am confused. They are rejects why? Is this in reference to one or two shot characters like Brodi and Viggo or all of the old IPs? If the latter, I see several threads on here that indicate that there are more than a few people who don't agree that Mac and Elise should have been rejected by EA this time around.

Personally I would like to see another SSX that lets you play (read customize, and upgrade in career mode) any IP from any of the games. Many companies eventually do a full roster release of their old IPs, and those games always do well. Midway is presetly releasing their 2nd incarnation of just such a title for Mortal Kombat, and the Buzz about it is enormous. EA shoud follow suit. I would buy it. Then again, I would buy any SSX that went back to the old school style anyway...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:04 am  Post subject:   
Well, to EA, they're rejects. But i mostly refer them as retirees.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:05 am  Post subject:   
I want the old Mac back... :(

I mean, yeah, it's cool that putting myself in the game naturally without exaggerations makes me a black Mac, but it's still not the same... :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:18 pm  Post subject:   
Mac looks Hispanic in SSX and On Tour.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:25 am  Post subject:   
Turbos wrote:
I want the old Mac back... :(

I mean, yeah, it's cool that putting myself in the game naturally without exaggerations makes me a black Mac, but it's still not the same... :(

Tell me about it, I get tired of listening to his voice even on quick play!

"I ROCK!"
"The sky is the playground!"
"Don't cry girl!"

Actually, I'm sick and tired of all of their mouth talking, I kind of think it is unrealistic since every snowboarder/skier I came across never mouth talked others while on the mountain unless they aren't moving. I'm just glad that they decided custom characters to go "Ugh!" or "Ouch!"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:00 pm  Post subject:   
yeah, where did griff go?? lol he was awesomeee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:20 pm  Post subject:   
Ugh, not Griff to...

Anyways, as someone has mentioned earlier, I think it would be near to impossible to make a close replica of the old characters that didn't make it to the Tour. The only exception is if you know their height and weight, you can get a good idea of it on the game, and you game most of them a haircut. Also, possibly millions of redoing.

So if you really want to, it is possible. But I say get creative and make up older versions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:45 am  Post subject:   
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
Kamyk wrote:
Personally I would like to see another SSX that lets you play (read customize, and upgrade in career mode) any IP from any of the games. Many companies eventually do a full roster release of their old IPs, and those games always do well. Midway is presetly releasing their 2nd incarnation of just such a title for Mortal Kombat, and the Buzz about it is enormous. EA shoud follow suit. I would buy it. Then again, I would buy any SSX that went back to the old school style anyway...

I know what you're talking about. If EABig were to do this with the SSX franchise, and make the next game for the fans (i.e. GOOD), this would really work.

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:53 am  Post subject:   
wait wait, you know what would rock my socks off :rock? what if they had a story mode similar to tony hawk's underground where u can play as both IP's and CAC's and have a crew of IP's? that'd be awesomeee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:10 am  Post subject:   
amutt_remember_the_name wrote:
wait wait, you know what would rock my socks off :rock? what if they had a story mode similar to tony hawk's underground where u can play as both IP's and CAC's and have a crew of IP's? that'd be awesomeee

That doesn't sound extremly possible unless you want to sit around for the game to load TONS of stuff. It would be interesting, but in games, you can't put everything in it and still be good. Tony Hawk Underground took to long for me to extremly enjoy it, this is just the Gamecube with one file.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:13 am  Post subject:   
well yeah but don't they have like xbox 360, PS3, and nintendo revolution coming out? plus i'd wait for the game to load just as long as i get to play it lol. i think that's what bugged me when i played tony hawk's american wasteland, i'd rather have the game load than go through a really long and annoying tunnel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:50 am  Post subject:   
I recreated 'Viggo' - lol! If you give him a green hoodie and a pair of goggles...the 'long messy' hairstyle in blonde...you got him! lol!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:17 pm  Post subject:   
lol, i "tried" to recreate Jurgen :heh
not very nice

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]