Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:37 pm

Obviously Amped Snowboarding is copping alot of heat from SSX fans for stealing the style of "Rock-Star-Ness" from SSX On Tour, it just occured to me that THUG 2 was actually the first game to have a Sasquatch in it.....

Any thoughts?

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:44 pm

there was a sasquatch in ssx 3, which came out nearly a year before THUG 2.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:44 pm

Damn. Now we have to do a search to find games that predate SSX 3....

Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:52 pm

Um...where is this thread going at? there's a sasquatch on the new amped which happened to be featured in other games as well..big deal :poke

Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:55 pm

I do believe that there were snowboarding games created before SSX.

Egads! They must have totally stolen the idea of making snowboarding games and then covered their tracks so no one would suspect they did it! :roll

Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:45 pm

Red_Gambit wrote:Damn. Now we have to do a search to find games that predate SSX 3....

So if there is a Sasquatch in a game created before SSX 3, EA had to have stolen the idea from them...
There is a massive flaw in that reasoning, I'll leave you to figure it out though.

It sounds like you are just trying to blame EA for stealing ideas because some other people are accusing Amped of stealing ideas from SSX On Tour.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:14 pm

there was a sasquatch in PONG!

what....? u guys didnt see it! :poke

Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:16 pm

EA doesn't steal ideas, they buy companies with good ideas.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:43 pm

capnlarge wrote:EA doesn't steal ideas, they buy companies with good ideas.

E.A buys the companies with the good ideas and decides to change it up and make it a bad idea :heh

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:43 pm

I had no idea where to post this but I found it funny:

gamespot about amped 3 wrote:There are always tons of other snowboarders and skiers on the mountain alongside you, all of them doing their own thing, be it tricking off of jumps or just hanging out by the lifts. Unfortunately, all of the other people on the mountain are apparently just apparitions, as you can clip right through anyone without so much as a bump. It could be argued that this was done for the sake of the gameplay, since all this extra snow traffic would undoubtedly slow you down.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:55 pm

Actually, in most cases, they take the good ideas and become the distributor of the game for the company. Like Criterion and Burnout 3 and Revenge or Dice and Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, and 2.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:08 am

eviltim wrote:

Actually, in most cases, they take the good ideas and become the distributor of the game for the company. Like Criterion and Burnout 3 and Revenge or Dice and Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, and 2.

AND 'COMMAND AND CONQUER'

westwood.. rest in peace.. :cry

Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:29 am

who gives a shit SSX3 and On tour were crap anyways

Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:48 pm

SSX3 had to be the best of all the SSX's but thats my opinion and some areas of SSX3 were kinda crappy but on tour ruined everything! :(

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:16 pm

Yep. They have a reputation for leaning on acquired companies to push games out at a much quicker rate too. Only the extremely successful companies don't receive such pressure.

EA is a money making machine, pure and simple. They can cut costs in ways smaller companies simply cna't, and they are very successful at advertising and publishing of games.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:28 pm

NA wrote:who gives a shit SSX3 and On tour were crap anyways

SSX3 was crap? No way. But let's not start an argument.
Post a reply