Switch to full style
Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:25 pm

I remember all the previous SSX games have had me hooked from the minute I got them. When I got SSX3 I played it non-stop getting 100% with a few characters.... and even after a long break I came back to it and just enjoyed cruising down the Mountain. Tricky was much the same...... I hammered that game.

But with On Tour I am finding it all pretty boring..... I havn't even completed it yet with my first character, and getting all the shreds and events is becoming a bit of a bore. I rarely touch the game to be honest and only occasionally do I force myself to play it.
The thing is that I'm kind of hoping that once I get the shreds and events out of the way, the game will open up and I will finally get to enjoy the whole mountain.

Am I kidding myself? For those that were dissapointed with this release, has the game got better over time? Once you completed it?

I'm kind of hanging on to it at the moment in the hope that I will become hooked once I have got all the challenges out of the way. But money is tight right now and there are a few other games I want to get, so trading this game in would help me out there.

So did anybody else find playing through the game pretty tedious? If so, have you found new life in it after completion?

Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:48 pm

If you like to just throw in the game and enjoy riding the slopes not worrying about beating records then unfortunately this game probably won't be for you.

The career mode is annoying and quite boring.

Because of the lack of character interaction/personality and performance/graphics the game will not be omfg!! jaw-dropping but just a good game.

For me the only real annoyance is having to beat the game over and over because of a flawed saving/loading bullshit.

But seeing how the game is now 30 bucks i don't think there's a game out there that is good enough to trade for IMO. And i'm not even sure if you'll get the full ammount for the game if you trade it in :poke

If i were you i'd just beat the game and then if you don't want to go for records then just ride in free-ride. Also, start saving for the next gen systems because they are gonna completely dominate!!! :woot!!!!

Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:13 am

my brand new copy of on tour went for like $14

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:12 am

The game came out over here a little later than the US, so we havn't had a price drop yet.
They quoted me 20 pounds trade in, if I bring it in by Friday (thats about $35 I think) :???

Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:17 am

IceXtreme wrote:But seeing how the game is now 30 bucks i don't think there's a game out there that is good enough to trade for IMO.

True, really don't trade it in. I mean, this is an SSX fanatic fansite. Fanatics of FF games buy two copies for each, one to play, and one to keep wrapped. :8| Now, would you be a "fan" of SSX if you didn't even have ONE copy of the game?

Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:53 pm

Im seriously thinking about selling the game , I might get a nice hat with the money.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:58 pm

Winter is coming..
winter=snowboard...
i need new pants.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:41 pm

You won't get nearly the money you ought to if you sell it now. I'd just keep it.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:59 pm

Just because the game isn't as good as the other ssx's doesnt mean it's a horrible game..

Take a look at the games you have and i guarantee that there are much worse games than ssx on tour. Why not try and sell them? It is completely ludicrous to sell the game.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:24 am

there are much worse games than ssx on tour.

yes like 1080 avalance :poke

Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:21 am

may not be as jaw dropping as its predecessors, but still very enjoyable. i'm definately keeping mine :)

Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:08 pm

Meh just keep it for completion's sake.

I'm a fan of the Final Fantasy Series and I hated Final Fantasy X-2, but I didn't return it.

Anyway, On Tour is enjoyable enough that you'll probably wanna play it again at some point.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:51 am

i haven't bought it but i'd definitely trade it in if i did

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:27 pm

That is exactly what I did.

I have no use for the pile of human excrement that is OT so I traded it in for Fatal Frame 3 and now I'm back to playing the good old SSX3 and waiting and hoping that SSX5 will be better than that OT crap.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:05 pm

MESS wrote:You won't get nearly the money you ought to if you sell it now. I'd just keep it.

have some other cash the cash from the game i would use for the ski lift's .

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:21 pm

I was allso thinking of returning it :heh I think its not too late for me to get a full refund... Do you think I should trade it in?

I think Im gonna hold on to it.. maybe play SSX 1.. (I got it the same day as OT :poke ) maybe that'll be better :???

Anyway, I think you should keep it :dj

Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:18 am

I didnt even buy it

Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:51 am

NA wrote:I didnt even buy it

OT? me neither

ill see if anyone gets it for me for christmas.. if not then i might consider buying..

i seriousely would prefer getting 3 music cds than ssxot judging from whats been said..
hmm..

Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:24 pm

I've thought about trading it in, seeing as how I haven't played it since october but I'm just keeping it for the sake of my game collection, :lol

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:13 pm

yeah, im more or less in the exact same boat that vix is, lol. I don't play it, I probably should take it back, but well, quite frankly I'm not really sure id get much if anything (worst case scenario: i have to pay more money to get them to take it back rofl) for it, so I'm gonna keep it but never play it again.......go figure. :shrug

Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:45 pm

you'd probably pay more money for gas to get to the store than you would get in return for the game, :lol

Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:55 pm

I'm not gonna trade it in - as an SSX fan it's dedication to the series. Plus I still have some track discovering I'd like to do.

X-Men Legends has been sucking up all my time lately though. :sad

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:00 pm

well, yeah, i'm not gonna trade it in either, I'm still a fan of the series even if I don't like the latest incarnation...i'll do some more freeriding eventually...

but guitar hero just beckons me more. :rock :rock :rock

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:11 pm

Oh yeah, I'll fully admit this one didn't hold my attention like SSX 3 did. SSX 3 didn't leave my PS2 for like 3 months after I got it. I got tired of this one in about 3 weeks.

But I've still got a lot of stuff I would like to master on the game, especially different showoff courses. Once I get some "breather" time away from the game (and the FAQ) I'll be glad to play it again.

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:19 pm

vix wrote:but guitar hero just beckons me more. :rock :rock :rock

Heh, I just checked out the website for that game, looks pretty cool. :rock
Post a reply