Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:48 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:

X-Men Legends has been sucking up all my time lately though. :sad

u playing legend or legends-II :poke , if u think the first one is good you'll dig the second one :yes . more crap to break!! :brucelee and a better story imho. i love both games immensly! :yes !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:54 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Oh man, I loved XML1. :yes Awesome. Ruled my life for the last week. I just beat it on Friday night.

I'm gonna scrounge up some dough and get XML 2 here soon, probably in the next few weeks. Maybe we can hit it up online if you have it? :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:14 pm  Post subject:   
i have it for xbox, but i'll go rent it for the ps2 so we can tear shit up online, it feels like ages since we have gamed together online bro!! let me know when u have it!! :yes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:14 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
gondee wrote:
Oh yeah, I'll fully admit this one didn't hold my attention like SSX 3 did. SSX 3 didn't leave my PS2 for like 3 months after I got it. I got tired of this one in about 3 weeks.

But I've still got a lot of stuff I would like to master on the game, especially different showoff courses. Once I get some "breather" time away from the game (and the FAQ) I'll be glad to play it again.

Yeah, I remember playing ssx3 straight through the holidays then i stopped playing for about a month and then picked it back up again for another stretch of like four months.....i stopped playing sot about a week or so after i got it and went back to wlk and other various games...sot just bored me to tears, lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:21 pm  Post subject:   
Titan wrote:
i have it for xbox, but i'll go rent it for the ps2 so we can tear shit up online, it feels like ages since we have gamed together online bro!! let me know when u have it!! :yes

Oh, you gotta have similar systems huh? That sort of sucks. :heh Cool, I should get it in the next few weeks if I can get together the scratch.

Quote:
Yeah, I remember playing ssx3 straight through the holidays then i stopped playing for about a month and then picked it back up again for another stretch of like four months.....

I intend on mastering a few more tracks than I've had time for so far. I'd like to get at least 3-5 good tracks under my belt so I can set a few more records and make a few more Master Runs. I can just tell by the amount of activity on the site that SOT just didn't interest hardly anyone. :shrug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:24 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
Quote:
I can just tell by the amount of activity on the site that SOT just didn't interest hardly anyone.

Yep, it's just as dead here as it was prior to the game coming out. :lol Maybe you should open a *new* forum, hahaha

I'll pick up sot again eventually but it won't be for a while, I just don't have the interest in it to do it any time soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:35 pm  Post subject:   
I don't think the OT forum is dead. Just look at the Records topic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:41 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
One active topic does not make the forum active

The playground and the lodge have more activity than sot does....that's cause sot sucks shit...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:42 pm  Post subject:   
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
Well from the start SSX On Tour has only had a handful of people who compete compared to the previous ssx's it's dead. I'm really surprised how fast it's dieing...I didn't think the game was as bad as everyone is making it out to be..To me what is more boring is little ammount of competition that the game has brought.

What made the other ssx's so great is that people kept pushing the game..don't see it happening in this game yet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:44 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
there's little competition because the game itself lacked in a lot of area for a lot of people...

if there was online, there would be more competition even if the game itself sucked.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:09 pm  Post subject:   
IceXtreme wrote:
Well from the start SSX On Tour has only had a handful of people who compete compared to the previous ssx's it's dead. I'm really surprised how fast it's dieing...I didn't think the game was as bad as everyone is making it out to be..To me what is more boring is little ammount of competition that the game has brought.

What made the other ssx's so great is that people kept pushing the game..don't see it happening in this game yet.

Yeah, I'm surprised with it too. I expected to see a big rise in people coming to the site, especially since we were featured prominently in the game. But that didn't happen at all, and even the regulars who were still competing in SSX 3 up until the day On Tour came out aren't around as much playing anymore.

Eventually I'm gonna get back into it, but the one course I tackled for showoff was just so damn frustrating because of the trick stick. Sometimes I would do only a level 1 MT when I didn't want to, other times I would do one when I was just letting go of the damn thing.

Monster Moments make it damn hard to judge where the ground is making crashes much more common and gameplay just aggravating enough to make tackling a course an exercise in frustration. I was always more into big air and superpipe in SSX 3 than Slopestyle, but with On Tour I have to play Slopestyle even if I don't want to. The courses for superpipe are so poorly designed and the ceilings for it are already being reached because the gameplay is so shallow, at least as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:18 pm  Post subject:   
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
gondee wrote:
Monster Moments make it damn hard to judge where the ground is making crashes much more common and gameplay just frustrating enough to make tackling a course an exercise in frustration. I was always more into big air and superpipe in SSX 3 than Slopestyle, but with On Tour I have to play Slopestyle even if I don't want to. The courses for superpipe are so poorly designed and the ceilings for it are already being reached because the gameplay is so shallow, at least as far as I can tell.

Totally true :yes which is really why i have neglected to touch freestyle..i just really don't find it too fun twirling the right analog 'til you hope to see the ground and release. The only skill there is finding the maximum line in which to pull your monsters. The super-pipes are where i mostly competed as well and it's just plain aggravating when you have to twirl the stick around for minutes to run into a pole or tree for no apparent reason. But like vix said....they chose to abandon online and they are definitely paying the price.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:26 pm  Post subject:   
I'm not gonna abandon the game, I just needed a break from playing it. I'll get back into it because the course design is great and I like the challenge of tackling a course.

But it requires a test of patience to get a record now, and the numerous annoyances now make the joy of playing SSX hard to find if I have other stuff that needs to get done. I played for 3 freaking hours to find that 1.6 line for OTR, and I've never had such sore fingers as I did afterward.

Probably in 2-3 weeks I'll be playing again. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:37 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
I won't abandon the series...but sot is just not an enjoyable experience in any way shape or form....

It's not fun to do the same ubers, not fun to break your thumbs for the fricken tricks, not fun being forced into combos just to get high scores, not fun to use select tricks to get fast race times...

Maybe, after a few more months, I might pick it up again....gah, just so many other good games out there I'd rather be playing....:yes

When I got it, I played it till I beat it and I haven't touched it since...when I got every other ssx game, I played it for months and months on end...but this, wasn't even worth of the two weeks I put into...meh.

I could never trade it in though, besides the fact that they won't give you any money for it...I gotta keep it for the sake of my collection...i hated thug1 and 2 but I still kept em...:)

Maybe one day I'll feel the need to make a crappy and mofugly cac and play through shittly arranged events and uber repetitive shreds...:shrug

:evil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:36 am  Post subject:   
I'm gonna tackle a few courses the latter half of this week, since I am missing playing SSX and really want a few more scores on the scoreboard.

I know a few guys probably needed a break, but once someone starts up the spirit of competition, I'm sure lots of people will come back. If not, I'll take all their records. :pimp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:57 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
Ooo, then maybe I can have some records, :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 41 posts ]  1, 2