Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:06 pm

Please help me!! I think I'm going mad...... I just got the game, and played about half an hours worth.

But how the F**** do I do the Uber and Super Uber tricks? How do I do them?
All I can do are these 4 crappy monster tricks with the right analogue stick. I've been trying the shoulder buttons with square but nothing's happening...... have they changed the way Ubers work or something?

Do I need to unlock them or something in this game? :???

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:08 pm

Ubers are Monsters. You need to buy them at the shop to upgrade to better looking ones.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:13 pm

Ving wrote:Please help me!! I think I'm going mad...... I just got the game, and played about half an hours worth.

But how the F**** do I do the Uber and Super Uber tricks? How do I do them?
All I can do are these 4 crappy monster tricks with the right analogue stick. I've been trying the shoulder buttons with square but nothing's happening...... have they changed the way Ubers work or something?

Do I need to unlock them or something in this game? :???

Uh...you're not a real SSX fan then.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:51 pm

Not neccesarily the case. Perhaps he's just not obsessed like many here. Perhaps just not up to speed. I know an SSX fan that had no idea a new game was even being made, let alone released already.

But yes, the basic tricks are rather lame, and the new ones are a bit expensive, so save up!

Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:02 pm

I wish they'd fricking post my guide on Gamefaqs already. :heh

All Ubers are now called Monster Tricks (see that confusion I was talking about? :heh) and are done by the right analog stick. YOu can only do them after you fill the first level of your boost meter and you only have Level 1 ubers at start (ubers where you only remove one foot from the board at start.) You must buy level 2 ubers in the Gear Shop before you can do the fancier ones.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:39 pm

How many actual monsters do you get from the beginning? 1? The tricks that actually say monster on the screen is what i'm talking about....

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:42 pm

Zero. You start with only the 4 lvl1 ubers.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:44 pm

Yeah, but I never bought any and I had one at the start of the game...

Left down or left up I think it was.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:52 pm

Are you sure about that...?

Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:29 am

Thanks for your help guys...... I was confused with them renaming Ubers to Monster Tricks, and the instruction manual didn't offer much help.

As to whether or not I'm an SSX fan, I don't see what that has got to do with anything. The game only came out over here last week and my copy only just delivered yesterday. Like I said I had only played the game for 30 minutes or so and was just confused with there being no ubers and no free ride etc...
I'm sure alot of people were somewhat baffled by all the changes they've made when they first played the game.

FIgured it out now, and unlocked free-ride so its all cool. :yes

One more question though.... Is there anyway to turn off that slow-mo camera thing when you do an Uber?

Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:42 am

You can't...probably the shittiest thing in the game. :dead

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:47 am

Yeah it does suck. I wouldn't mind as much if the camera angles didn't screw up my combos so much :(

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:32 am

Yeah.... totally ruins the flow of the runs as well.

Ah well....... an SSX sequel with major-faults is better than no SSX sequel at all. :)

Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:39 am

Ving wrote:Yeah.... totally ruins the flow of the runs as well.

Ah well....... an SSX sequel with major-faults is better than no SSX sequel at all. :)

See I'd disagree. Least if there was no sequal to complain about the other games could go down in history.

At the moment fans will just remember it as On tour.... the crap version :cry

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:26 pm

Yeah, i would have rathered no game than shit on tour...at least i can say, they never made this game *if* the next one rules...:lol

Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:10 pm

Man, slow-mo will ruin the speed.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:36 pm

NA wrote:
Ving wrote:Yeah.... totally ruins the flow of the runs as well.

See I'd disagree. Least if there was no sequal to complain about the other games could go down in history.

At the moment fans will just remember it as On tour.... the crap version :cry

Well, I'd say the people who are having fun competing for records would say it is better than having nothing to compete in at all.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:38 pm

Well i like the slow mo mode but i also hate it (schizo i know i know)
In the next game they should make a option so that you can put slow-mo on and off!
Post a reply