Switch to full style
Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:32 am

DeeCee took a tour of EA Canada, and saw On Tour in progress. She could have warned us months in advance!

Why didn't she? Which one of us pissed her off that much that she didn't want to warn us about this "game" that has unleashed?

Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:52 am

And what happened to that giant post card she was supposed to send?

Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:10 am

deadpool247 wrote:DeeCee took a tour of EA Canada, and saw On Tour in progress. She could have warned us months in advance!

Why didn't she? Which one of us pissed her off that much that she didn't want to warn us about this "game" that has unleashed?

Dude, I warned a lot of people a couple MONTHS ago this game wasn't gonna be as good. You guys just didn't wanna listen. :no Nobody really wants to listen to naysayers, even if they know what they're talking about. Why are you acting surprised now? I wouldn't even worry about DeeCee if you won't listen to me when I'm all up in everyone's grill about how On Tour was gonna be SSX 3 lite. :heh Besides - it's impossible to tell exactly where a game will end up based on a build months before hand. The version we played of SSX 3 was majorly different from the final version that was put out, and that was only two months until release!

Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:25 am

gondee wrote:
deadpool247 wrote:DeeCee took a tour of EA Canada, and saw On Tour in progress. She could have warned us months in advance!

Dude, I warned a lot of people a couple MONTHS ago this game wasn't gonna be as good. You guys just didn't wanna listen. :no Nobody really wants to listen to naysayers, even if they know what they're talking about. Why are you acting surprised now? I wouldn't even worry about DeeCee if you won't listen to me when I'm all up in everyone's grill about how On Tour was gonna be SSX 3 lite. :heh Besides - it's impossible to tell exactly where a game will end up based on a build months before hand. The version we played of SSX 3 was majorly different from the final version that was put out, and that was only two months until release!

No Gondee,No one listend to me when i said that after the trailer.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:34 am

:heh Filip, the trailer was too soon to say it. But all I can say is that from the start a few of us here (and more who weren't vocal about it) felt like something was "off" with the game.

Look, I'm not a normally negative person, especially when it comes to the SSX series. They're my favorite games of all time - I bought SSX 45 minutes after renting it. I devote inordinate amounts of my own personal time and money creating a community for the people that love this game. I had nothing but good praise for SSX 3. But from the start, I knew this game wasn't going to be as good as SSX 3.

When I'M negative about an SSX game that's coming out, you know something's wrong. I'm not saying 100% of people agree with me, and there are a lot of people (including myself) who are really enjoying SSX On Tour for the great tracks and fun gameplay. But the simple fact is that there are majorities of people on every. single. message board I've been to - Gamefaqs (all 3 On Tour boards there), neoseeker, IGN, etc and so forth, have topics about how disappointing this game is, and what's most maddening is that these people are ALL stating the exact same reasons I was ringing the alarm about back in August! No playing as established characters, CAC sucking the soul out of the game, no online, so on and so forth. On Tour has it's good points, but I think most will agree it's a step backwards for the franchise from where it was with SSX 3.

We don't really need to blame any one person for this, because it's no one's fault this game turned out the way it did. It's a good game - but it's not a great game. Just don't act surprised that somehow it came out as just a good game because the signs were there the whole time and people just didn't want to believe them.

Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:37 am

It would have been sooooooo much better if ea had done the online play thing.

PLus the graphics are kinda crap, ssx3 rocks compared to on tour.

By the way, Gondee, like your new avatar, I'd like to think I had something to do with it :heh

Hoffmania Rules !

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:19 am

The first trailer or three looked cool but once we started getting articles and hearing things about the game is when I knew it would be the worst in the series for me personally. I remember and gondee having chats for hours about how we could just see how this game was not gonna be the best...

:shrug

:cheers to ssx5/ssx next gen...
Post a reply