Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:53 pm  Post subject: I get so pissed at this game sometimes.  
I was at the bottom of B&E, in first place, and after going off a jump I was hit by the gondola. Now normally I wouldn't care cause in any of the previous SSX games you'd be reset at the bottom of the jump.

I was reset about 100 meters before the jump, and I ended up in last place. :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:00 pm  Post subject:   
That used to happen to me a lot on the Village.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:14 pm  Post subject:   
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
**It Happens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:07 pm  Post subject:   
Sometimes that happens when I hit a rail a certain way...it's really irritating.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:33 pm  Post subject:   
I get so pissed at you somtimes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:15 pm  Post subject:   
I hate the city..i hate the fucking end of it...those fucking tree's..and the fucking bridge's..the fucking CPU some how make's it from +130 (of me) to make suddenly from the first pace to last..I FUCKING HATE THAT TRACK..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:03 pm  Post subject:   
And, you know, it's really not that hard to avoid the tree's, the bridges, and the computer jumping out in front of you.

You just have to have the right line through the area. I rammed through it on the Legendary Shred with the computer going from 50 meters behind me to 200 meters behind in that section.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:27 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Jayrich88
The gondola hitting you must be really annoying. It messes up your run. And Glenn, I like the Chrono Trigger avatar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:55 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Omoikane x8
I hit a gondola at the end of Wild Tree Run and it cost me 1st place but that's just an environmental hazard. :shrug

The matter of typically being reset further back in OT, as far as I'm concerned, is the lesser of two evils. It should make for a lot less usage (and/or at least lessen the advantage) of select/reset tricks on records compared to the previous games which is probably what they were going for. Whether it really will or not remains to be see. I know people have found and are using some already but I haven't really been keeping track of how they're stacking up so far because I don't use them personally.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:58 pm  Post subject:   
Glenn wrote:
And, you know, it's really not that hard to avoid the tree's, the bridges, and the computer jumping out in front of you.

You just have to have the right line through the area. I rammed through it on the Legendary Shred with the computer going from 50 meters behind me to 200 meters behind in that section.

shut up bitch,I did not allow you to talk.

I was talking about the Double race on B8E(pro master event) when you get the first part of it on 100m + and after a one fucking whipe out BECOUSE of the speed you get fucking last place!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:17 pm  Post subject:   
Froggy wrote:
It messes up your run. And Glenn, I like the Chrono Trigger avatar.

Thank you.

Filip wrote:

And I did not give you permission to comment or curse at me. :ninja

Filip wrote:
I was talking about the Double race on B8E(pro master event) when you get the first part of it on 100m + and after a one fucking whipe out BECOUSE of the speed you get fucking last place!

Do the words, "Slow down a bit," mean anything to you? Seriously, you'd think that if you're hitting something because you're going to fast, you'd figure out that going a bit slower in that section would fix the problem. It doesn't matter how fast you're going, if you keep hitting things you're always going to be slower than everyone else.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:35 pm  Post subject:   
the whole thing of being reset further back was to prevent players from hitting reset in mid air, snapping to the ground (i.e. cheating) because we all know that the longer you are in the air the longer it takes to get to the bottom. So this way if you screw up on your own accord then you deal with it, tapp recover faster or something. As I recall reseting cheats was a very popular complaint in ssx3 and to battle that players were punished (a little) by being reset further back (which also was a preventive measure of wormholes which everybody hates. Bailing sucks but cheating sucks more. come on you all are good enough to make it down without falling once right? How else to you achieve such great times that you all post? You did it perfect and that is why you are a good ssx player. because you practiced and knew where the tricky areas were.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:07 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:

Filip, your heading for a banning if you keep this up. :glare

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:37 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Frontside_Air wrote:
the whole thing of being reset further back was to prevent players from hitting reset in mid air, snapping to the ground (i.e. cheating) because we all know that the longer you are in the air the longer it takes to get to the bottom. So this way if you screw up on your own accord then you deal with it, tapp recover faster or something. As I recall reseting cheats was a very popular complaint in ssx3 and to battle that players were punished (a little) by being reset further back (which also was a preventive measure of wormholes which everybody hates. Bailing sucks but cheating sucks more.

the reset glitches/select tricks still work...

[quote[come on you all are good enough to make it down without falling once right? How else to you achieve such great times that you all post? You did it perfect and that is why you are a good ssx player. because you practiced and knew where the tricky areas were.[/quote]

if there were no select tricks and no combo glitches, the scores wouldn't be as high and the times wouldn't be as low...

Sure, they'd still be awesome but not insane to an average gamer. Sure, there's not a chance in hell I can get the scores like these guys do, mainly cause i won't glitch....but it would have been nice to have at least a week or so of fair competition...

Oh well...hopefully the new ssx's don't suck shit as much as sot does...

:cheers to the next gen world!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:43 am  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
Meh it seems everything in that game is really sensitive, you skid past a tree, press B to recover

And why does Recovering take so damn LONG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:18 pm  Post subject:   
I really hate Roadkill there's this annoying glitch there =/

[glow=green]Wow now THAT'S wierd[/glow]

[glow=yellow][shadow=green]♪ Deh Uber♪[/shadow][/glow]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:08 am  Post subject:   
:mad that's screwed uuuuupppppp! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:48 am  Post subject: Re:  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
Filip wrote:
I hate the city..i hate the fucking end of it...those fucking tree's..and the fucking bridge's..the fucking CPU some how make's it from +130 (of me) to make suddenly from the first pace to last..I FUCKING HATE THAT TRACK..

Dude you're far from alone. I don't like this place either. :frusty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:59 am  Post subject: Re:  
Glenn wrote:
Filip wrote:

And I did not give you permission to comment or curse at me. :ninja

good job Glenn :D
PWND Filip

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:24 am  Post subject: Re: I get so pissed at this game sometimes.  
I feel your pain.
I've earned enough money in the game to get the best boards in all categories, and I'm up to buying attributes as well. The problem? The attributes don't seem to take effect. First out of gate? Hardly.
Still, I can usually manage to get in the top 3, only to really suck at the end (on anything above promaster races, that is.)
I ran a race the other day on OT and was #1 all the way to the last 2, 3% of the track, then major suckage.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:21 am  Post subject: Re: I get so pissed at this game sometimes.  
i'm always pissed of at On Tour because the game itself sucks and it gives to much errors :mad

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ]