Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:08 pm  Post subject:   
does this game have a dj? it sounds like it doesnt but just to clarify.

mac rules!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:16 pm  Post subject:   
no dj!! it has an announcer guy that has this loud megaphone style voice. like the guy you would hear announcing a real snowboard event!! :yes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:43 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yeah, I definitely gotta give props to the announcer, he's awesome. You know who they need to bring back? That Japanese girl announcer from the first SSX - that would be tight. :yes :pimp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:01 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
Glenn wrote:
RE Virus wrote:
Glenn wrote:
The music actually works in this game. As in, it doesn't cut out, it doesn't skip back and forth between parts, it doesn't loop, it doesn't jump to the last few seconds at the finish line, and... you get the idea.

If a minute has passed and you restart a course, the music will stop and a new song will start playing. I absolutely hate that. That alone makes it worse than how it was with SSX3.

I don't think that's neccessarily a bad thing. I like starting my run at the beginning of the song rather than in the middle. I sometimes even go into the options and start the song over from the beginning manually when I have a bad start.

Just one of my little ecentricities...

Edit: I also recall that in SSX 3, it selected a new song every time you restarted a peak challenge.

Only in the peak challenges.

And I dislike it because I'll be listening to an awesome song, accidently crash and restart and still want to finish the song, "but hey! We're going to give you a new song you don't like as much." I just don't like that.

I like the trick system in this one, I think the monsters are cool and I don't mind the trick stick. (Had to keep the post positive :heh.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:36 am  Post subject:   
Hi to ya all

Well I still don't have the game :sad , so don't expect an in-depth kinda post (it's rather academic stuff). But there's one thing I can tell without having the game: I'm gonna play this thing full-time, baby! :rock From what I saw and read about it so far OT looks that good to me. And it has a huge advantage to all of its predecessors right now: it's brand new so you can explore the whole mountain for yourself if you feel like. I just can't wait now :frusty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:55 pm  Post subject:   
i just found out that the games comin out tomorrow. :eek :cheers :cheers :)

mac rules!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:34 pm  Post subject:   
Brought from my other topic to here:

To me, SSX On Tour seems to be the best suited for competition out of all the games. Barring the records screen, large amount of cheats you can use, and lack of replay, SSX On Tour (IMO) took the best elements out of all the 3 games and combined them into one fun time. Let's look at these features, shall we?

SSX: The No-Glitch Game

Since there were no glitches in the first game, it took the highest amount of skill to compete in it. New lines were constantly being found, and with the lack of Uber tricks, the playing field was always pretty level. And finally, EAC has listened to its fans and pumped out a highly tuned, high caliber game, just like the first.

SSX Tricky: The Uber Game

Unanimously the best game in the series. Being the last game to use the classic tracks, EAC definately took advantage of the opportunity to blow this up to an extremely over-the-top game. Sure, wormholes plagued the racing, but with the addition of Uber tricks, only the most risky players could make the scoreboards sing their high-scoring praises. And now, we return to the best part of Tricky: the race to see who can fit the most Ubers into a jump. Doing that has just enhanced the competition even more.

SSX 3: Combo Edition

EAC took the most time on this game, and it shows in the graphics (the best graphics, in fact, of all the games), the gameplay (everybody liked some part of it), and the feel (the soundtrack still rules 2 years later). And who could forget online play? Well, they might not have brought the feel and the online, but they brought the combos, which I feel is the best part of OT so far.

Now, if these elements are the only ones driving competition, then hey, I'm fine with it. Just remember that you don't have to like the game to be good at it.

And that, my good folks, is the end of my rave. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:40 pm  Post subject:   
i just hired the game

its cool, but only some things are gay

but this is a positive talk so i say its a pretty cool game

so far im rank 66. so far i give it 8.5/10

mac rules!!

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 4 [ 83 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4