Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:34 pm  Post subject:   
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #2
XBL: Royank
PSN: Royank
well if you played the demo like I did you would really know how to do monsters. Bwa ha ha ha. Don't worry all these scores i fell at least 8 times with high combos but hopefully i'll get a master run going soon but with dial up id think so. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:54 pm  Post subject:   
SBMoose wrote:
so were they suppose to be fixing the 180 combo thing, cause its about 10x easier and faster to do now... :???

i was playing around with that, and both u and Royank say that its way easier than in ssx3. i tried it on a rail, and tried doing the ole jump with a 180 and it either stopped me or i had to really jump off the rail a ways to do it, which took a long time that way, tried rockin the stick and that won't do it. so out of curiuosity how are u getting your combo up so much faster than in ssx3?

im making a lil vid rite now to explain what im talking about!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:03 pm  Post subject:   
Titan wrote:
SBMoose wrote:
so were they suppose to be fixing the 180 combo thing, cause its about 10x easier and faster to do now... :???

i was playing around with that, and both u and Royank say that its way easier than in ssx3. i tried it on a rail, and tried doing the ole jump with a 180 and it either stopped me or i had to really jump off the rail a ways to do it, which took a long time that way, tried rockin the stick and that won't do it. so out of curiuosity how are u getting your combo up so much faster than in ssx3?

well I can get about a 300 combo in 1 minute...I think thats faster :heh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:35 pm  Post subject:   
SBMoose wrote:
Titan wrote:
SBMoose wrote:

i understand u can do it faster, i don't doubt that for a second, im just wondering how, cause all the things i used to do to get my combo up on the demo and in ssx3, don't seem to work. im making a vid rite now, should be uploaded in about 15 mins, that shows me trying to up a combo in a few different ways, and how it won't let me do it. so im really interested how your getting it up so high so fast. like are u just doing 180s on a rail, or what? u know what i mean? :???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:44 pm  Post subject:   
Titan wrote:
SBMoose wrote:
Titan wrote:
SBMoose wrote:

i understand u can do it faster, i don't doubt that for a second, im just wondering how, cause all the things i used to do to get my combo up on the demo and in ssx3, don't seem to work. im making a vid rite now, should be uploaded in about 15 mins, that shows me trying to up a combo in a few different ways, and how it won't let me do it. so im really interested how your getting it up so high so fast. like are u just doing 180s on a rail, or what? u know what i mean? :???

ok I lied....302 in a minute

ok...find some level ground...hold left or right on the direction pad to do a 180, while holding that, hold the right stick down to do a tail press, and now continuously jump...once you find the right rythm the combo meter will go up like crazy...

understand?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:50 pm  Post subject:   
Sweet, the game is already tarnished.

PD~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:52 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: iglooman
Titan...wired180 on the snow, but time your d-pad and jump just off slightly instead of together.

Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but everyone will be using it anyway. I tried it in the first minute of playing and was like, "fuck me".

http://iglooman.250free.com/SSX_On_Tour/wired180_2.wmv

They should just do away with combo and penalize you points when you crash.

Last edited by iglooman on Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:59 pm  Post subject:   
waste of time to me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:02 pm  Post subject:   
royank wrote:
waste of time to me.

Think so? I have your scores nearly doubled.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:03 pm  Post subject:   
iglooman wrote:
royank wrote:
waste of time to me.

Then post them hot shot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:05 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
:heh He's most assuredly not lying, and I'm sure he'll post them soon. :heh

Not a surprise about the 180 trick, but not gamebreaking. Just makes the combo pretty much a non-issue.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:05 pm  Post subject:   
H@wk wrote:
iglooman wrote:
royank wrote:
waste of time to me.

Then post them hot shot

Wtf? I'm not trying to be a hot shot bitch! Just making the point that the game has the same combo issue as before. It's a little early to boast records.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:09 pm  Post subject:   
iglooman wrote:
Titan...wired180 on the snow, but time your d-pad and jump just off slightly instead of together.

Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but everyone will be using it anyway. I tried it in the first minute of playing and was like, "fuck me".

http://iglooman.250free.com/SSX_On_Tour/wired180_2.wmv

They should just do away with combo and penalize you points when you crash.

wow! craziness! i just watched it and i am pretty sure i have no idea how to do a wired 180 much less time it funny.lol heres what happened when i tried the old stuff to build a combo!
http://www.ssxtitan.com/comboa.zip

pretty sad! :( anyways i am gunna go drive myself crazy now trying to figure out how to do a wired 180 thats off slightly.lol wish me luck!! :gameboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:12 pm  Post subject:   
Only you can make that entertaining....love the music

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:12 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
:heh He's most assuredly not lying, and I'm sure he'll post them soon. :heh

Not a surprise about the 180 trick, but not gamebreaking. Just makes the combo pretty much a non-issue.

How incredibly appropriate that your rank (while yes higher than mine for sure) is "ass-kisser"

As for you igloo man, somebody has to set the bar. Yes these scores will be dare I say soon even eclipsed, but don't knock if you're not going to back it up.....hot shot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:14 pm  Post subject:   
iglooman wrote:
royank wrote:
waste of time to me.

Note that i've fallen in most of these courses i just showing what I got so far with pure skills!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:17 pm  Post subject:   
royank wrote:
iglooman wrote:
royank wrote:
waste of time to me.

Note that i've fallen in most of these courses i just showing what I got so far with pure skills!

Christ! I'm not saying I have skills or that I'm better than you or anyone. Making a point that the combo makes a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:23 pm  Post subject:   
iglooman wrote:
royank wrote:
iglooman wrote:
royank wrote:
waste of time to me.

Christ! I'm not saying I have skills or that I'm better than you. Making a point that the combo makes a difference. Btw..look at the calendar...the game has been out 1 fucking day.

LMAO!! too funny. no offense H@wk or anyone else, but igloo is crazy good @ ssx im sure hes gunna have insane scores, he will definitely be one of the people who sets the standard for scores!!

its good that u put that vid out igloo, the faster u get the combo maxed in the beginning the better, with this new way u can get it maxed and start you rrun that much sooner, thats great. now i just have to figure out how the hell u do this wired180. im guessing its one of those things where when u get it, you think to yourself, "why in the hell couldn't i do that earlier". :heh

Last edited by Titan on Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:23 pm  Post subject:   
[Christ! I'm not saying I have skills or that I'm better than you or anyone. Making a point that the combo makes a difference.[/quote]

Ok, ok just a healthy bit of ball breaking my man. Good luck igloo I have no doubt you'll soon be posting some craziness, Shred it up...

-Hawk

Crap didn't get it posted quite fast enough. Listen guys I've played every SSX since the start, but this is my first time on these fourms (clearly) and I can tell that well you boys play on a level that little old me just isn't up to. To be honest the main thing with this game is a drinking game I came up with in college that was a smash hit with campus life. So...that's my main squeeze on this scene...a drinking game. Go get'em high scores and lots of ....ummm insert inappropriate word for lose women here...

Last edited by H@wk on Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:24 pm  Post subject:   
:mad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:26 pm  Post subject:   
SBMoose wrote:

why so mad! :poke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:31 pm  Post subject:   
Titan wrote:
SBMoose wrote:

haha not mad...that was just me arguing like everyone else.

anyway titan...didn't you see my method of getting the combos?? its alittle easier then igloomans, just I don't think its as fast.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:38 pm  Post subject:   
SBMoose wrote:
Titan wrote:
SBMoose wrote:

haha not mad...that was just me arguing like everyone else.

anyway titan...didn't you see my method of getting the combos?? its alittle easier then igloomans, just I don't think its as fast.

oh shit. no . i totally missed that moose!! i guess thats what happens when u game for like 9 hours straight!!lol well shit im gunna give that a shot. thank u sir, you are a gentlemen and a scholar! :china

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:01 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
How incredibly appropriate that your rank (while yes higher than mine for sure) is "ass-kisser"

:heh :heh Yeah, I've got kinda a high rank. :poke :poke :heh Anyway, igloo is really among the best in the ssx community, so I wasn't really kissing his ass (though I did give myself that rank on purpose).

Anyway gang, Hawk is a good example of the new people who are gonna be showing up for the board and the type we definitely want coming back since he seems pretty cool, so don't get all ancy at people who show up and talk big since they don't really have any background on who's what in the community. :china

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:15 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:

Anyway gang, Hawk is a good example of the new people who are gonna be showing up for the board and the type we definitely want coming back since he seems pretty cool, so don't get all ancy at people who show up and talk big since they don't really have any background on who's what in the community. :china

Hey man,

Thanks for the Ol' stamp of (quasi at least) approval. It's true I'm a tad clueless on who's god here and who's mud-although becoming increasingly apparent that mud's name rhymes with "Hawk"

So in my efforts to bring my SSX gaming to the next level I'd like to gain a new sponser or two, any of you demi-gods know how to achieve this? F@#$ this is the wrong fourm for that ok just PM me if you know. See you Shredders around

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 41 [ 1015 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41