Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:35 am  Post subject:   
:drool :eek :wtf

if those are the graphics.... im gonna have a tent at the eb....

(thanks for the sig Aiko)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:25 am  Post subject:   
:eek :jawdrop :err
Holy flopping sheist! If that's the PS3, think what the X-Box 360 and Revolution will look like!!! :woot :brucelee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:03 am  Post subject:   
my bet: worse than ps3.

seriously, no current gen system maxed their graphics (minus maybe metal gear 3)

so, dont automaticly think ps2 < others

(thanks for the sig Aiko)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:21 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
Turbos wrote:
:eek :jawdrop :err
Holy flopping sheist! If that's the PS3, think what the X-Box 360 and Revolution will look like!!! :woot :brucelee

Yes, the X-Box 360 willl automatically have better graphics than the PS3 because X-Box 1 did over PS2. Especially since PS3 is coming out later (almost definately), just like X-Box did over PS2...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:41 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
Pixel wrote:
I don't know about that early of a release on the PS3, Laidback. Considering Sony and Toshiba have teamed up on a new, unified next-gen format. Making a whole new disc format that combines the best of blu ray and HD DVD might take a while I imagine. The biggest factor I think against SSX 4 being on PS3 is graphics.. Come on, SSX 4 so far looks no where near as good as some of these PS3 game screens.

Does everyone remember the info that was released last month? It was a list of the next gen games EA was bringing to the xbox 360? SSX4 was on that list. If they are currently producing a version for the xbox 360 then it stands to reason that they are also developing a version for the ps3.

As for no screens, that is just keeping with the party line. How many genuine screenshots have been released that are showcasing next gen graphics. Only a few, so its no wonder we havent' seen any for SSX4 yet either. So, any and all screenshots released thus far would be for the current gen systems.

As for next gen format, its not that simple. Other companies already have a huge vested interest in blu ray tech. Apple for one is already making comps that have that as an option, or are close to offering it. Sony isn't going to abandon that format, as it is superior in every way to HD DVD except in price. And blu-ray drives have been in production for more than 6 months now. More likely Toshiba, who jointly developed the cell with sony, willl make a similar move, and offer a lump sum up front, then feature blu-ray in all their products at cost (ie sony won't make anything). Cell development was basically just that, as Toshiba offered Sony $1 billion dollors for research, but had no direct involvement in its design or creation. $1 billion might seem like alot, but Sony invested more than ten times that into the cell's creation.

One more point to make about sony -- if they don't reconcile with Toshiba, they are definitely going to win the format war that would happen. There are too many tech savvy companies siding with sony for toshiba to win out. Toshiba only has two supporters, thats it. And 5 years from now it'll all be moot as HD-DVD won't be a viable option (not enough space -- less that 30% of a blu-ray disc) whereas blu-ray will really start hitting its stride.

Point is, I believe that Sony will release the ps3 in Japan sometime around March 2006. The great thing about all this theory craft is that we can all figure out just how full of it I am soon since E3 is so close..............

:shrug

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:47 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
sorry for the double post, but I just saw the posts above. Trust me on this, the ps3 can do 20x the floating point calculations per second that the xbox 360 can. If you don't want to trust me, check with the patents office.

Even easier, just look at apple. the xbox 360 uses a speciial version of the G5 chip currently found in high end macs. Whereas sony is using 4 (yes, four) cell chips which apple is ditching the G5s for come next spring, as they are enormously MORE powerful.

If you think about it, it becomes clear why MS is so desperate to get their console on the market soon as possible -- they can't match sony, and they have known it for a while now -- so they are playing the only card they can, and thats to market like crazy and release before sony even starts marketing for the ps3.

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  1, 2