Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:03 pm  Post subject: The Engine  
so far from the (crapy) screen's we can see that the game goese on a boost'ed up 3 engine..witch was nothing like a turbo'ed Normal engine...so...the thing repeats..But what makes me interestead...is how they are going to make uber's for the ski's and "board" press....hmm...
for the snowboarder's there will be only change's in trick animation...and model of boarding...that depends =P

im kinda also sceptic for the whole blurry thing with speed...kinda cant imagine that in freestyle...would be kinda hard..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:50 pm  Post subject:   
Ya dont sound to thrilled about ssx 4 so far, huh? Well, all I want to know about the game engine, is will you be able to keep good momentum when freestylin. Ive always been a speed freak. The other ssx games seem to have done a good job about keeping your speed. Im kinda excited about how fast it gonna feel like goin down a 80 degree hill. It better be alot fast than past ssx games to make it worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:07 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
Well, those screenshots don't tell or show you ANYTHING about the engine of the game. I doubt we can rate how the engine of the game will be until much, much later in the process.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:58 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
yeah, i agree with tim on this one...solid, go download a video of burnout 3 to get a sense of what the blur might look like...

As for presses, maybe they got rid of them.

But for ubers on skis, i can see some funky things happening, like the skier takes the ski's off, flips em over their head and then back on the feet...something like that....i think it'll be cool....

it's too early to judge the engine on on some really crappily taken digital camera pics...:D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:41 am  Post subject:   
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
man, for someone that's extremely pissed about this game, Solid is spending a lot of time on this section dedicated to the game itself :heh

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:46 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: iglooman
Starting racing with SSX3, as I'm a racer at heart, but moved on when WH appeared. I hope to hell that SSX4's "speed effect" has some of the same adrenaline that Burnout 3 can provide....with no rubberband AI however.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:09 am  Post subject:   
I say go play 1080 Avalanche and watch what happend when you hit those super speeds of 135 Kph (81Mph).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:06 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
i agree with tim and vix on this, its much too early to be evaluating the engine of the game. for one thing, its probably still in alpha, and most of the engine tweaks haven't been installed yet. I am sure there will be a big difference between the screenshots available now and the actual thing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:20 pm  Post subject:   
Oh man, i really hope they did get rid of the board presses. Then its back to the SSX feel, where ur all prepped for a big jump - not hindered by slow turning and speed by a board press..and worring if you'll keep the combo the whole time. I liked freestyle (showoff) in tricky, much funner, less tense :heh

but if EA decides to keep board presses... i still love SSX haha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:59 am  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
Yeloway wrote:
Oh man, i really hope they did get rid of the board presses. Then its back to the SSX feel, where ur all prepped for a big jump - not hindered by slow turning and speed by a board press..and worring if you'll keep the combo the whole time. I liked freestyle (showoff) in tricky, much funner, less tense :heh

but if EA decides to keep board presses... i still love SSX haha

yeah, trash board presses and give us ten seconds between tricks to link em. sounds good to me. :heh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:05 am  Post subject:   
PSN: DTT-Ninthpixel
Heh, well, it never hurts to speculate. I think the game will be running on a brand spanking new engine. With the new element of skis I don't think reusing engines is possible. I hope at the very least it makes glitches at the most minimal as possible.

Keep the board press. Skiers can ride one footed for their press or something. Though, I say make pressing all the way from start to finish impossible. Making it you have to land in the press and balancing the press similar to THPS's system. Doing that could open a new door. Press Ubers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:13 am  Post subject:   
I say keep the Board Presses. But back on topic, I can't judge much about the engine the game's running on right now. Those screenshots are too blurry to show actual details. Even if we got clear pictures, we'd still have a hard time figuring out what it'd be like. So in a month at E3, hopefully a video will be shown, then we'll have a good idea.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:28 pm  Post subject:   
I'm baaaaaack! :)

Well, I think the skiing part is going to be more racing oriented, so I think you can forget about board presses... But, I expect basically the same gameplay... But, the real differences, I don't think they're gonna be focusing on the actual gameplay, but the feel... with creating your own character and all...

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]