Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:19 am  Post subject: SSX4 Tracks Discussion  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
Well, i know theres no info about the tracks quite yet but i guess we can use this to discuss what kind of tracks will be on SSX4 and also, when info is released we can talk about the tracks.

What i really wanna know is if the tracks will be similar to the first 2 games instead of ssx3. in 3 tracks seemed very narrow and not really Flashy looking. i wasnt a huge fan of the big mountain either. i rather just pick a track, pick a style. and go. and im most interested in the skiing aspect of the game so im wondering if the tracks will be different for it. maybe the skiing will be the "big air" competitions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:31 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I personally hope the mountain aspect stays....

But I am looking forward to racing and tricking on each track....it opens up a longer play span I think...

Also, i noticed in one picture, there looks like there is a track that's kinda like a ski jump...not a big air track but you know how there is one or two launch ramps and you pick and jump....it kinda looks like that and it's really intriguing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:31 am  Post subject:   
PSN: Snakeovic
I disagree. SSX3 had better tracks then Tricky and the mointain idea is great imo. I just hope there will be more tracks.

EDIT: i disagreed with YoshiXL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:39 am  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
Also, i noticed in one picture, there looks like there is a track that's kinda like a ski jump...not a big air track but you know how there is one or two launch ramps and you pick and jump....it kinda looks like that and it's really intriguing.

Yeah that looked cool. Imagine jumping the ski jump with the new speed system. :gameboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:47 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
so long as "big jump"(lol) and big air are two separate competitons, that could be really cool.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:21 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
errr..I dunno if you actually read the news in the pictures. It said connection areas are GONE! Instead of that your rider will be able to seamlessly move down the mountain!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:22 am  Post subject:   
by the screenshots im pretty sure they will make them in oldskool klima...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:41 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
Damn, I kind of liked the multuple venue tracks from SSX/Tricky. With only one mountain, you are severely limited in the environments you can have. I was hoping that they would have like multiple venues, but each venue would have the different events and stuff as a peak from the mountain in SSX 3. It would have been more fun, I believe.

Well we'll see..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:28 pm  Post subject:   
Vivi, you don't know yet what kind of mountain they've built. If they could come up with a track like Tokyo Megaplex, I think they could come up with a creative, totally out there mountain overflowing with different scenarios and environments.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:32 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: l Kayleigh J l
Hmmm..it would be very cool if they DID do that..but what are the chances they did? hmm i cant wait to find out!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:48 pm  Post subject:   
Atomika wrote:
Hmmm..it would be very cool if they DID do that..but what are the chances they did? hmm i cant wait to find out!

meanwhile go and play some real SSX kid.(ssx1 & tricky)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:43 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
Well, I'm at least glad they brought back the ability to do both freestyle and race at the tracks again. I only hope that doesn't mean there can't be big air events, and short freestyle events like that.
Only one more month until E3 :).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:14 pm  Post subject:   
Racing Fiend
I think they will have some old tracks from SSX/Tricky in SSX4. It would be hot if they made those tracks some secret ass hard as hell to unlock tracks. That would be so much fun. I can't fucking wait. No matter what I think SSX4 will kick major ass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:46 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
I have very high hopes for this one. This skiing aspect just has my blood pumping. I remember back in ssx tricky i always wanted skiing to be in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:58 am  Post subject:   
XBL: l Kayleigh J l
Hey,if its set on a mountain again..is there a possability that Atomika will be back? Or Rahzel? or BOTH? any news on the commentators etc.?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:21 am  Post subject:   
XBL: Seraph007
No doubt EA will keep going with their "commentary" in their games so I reckon SSX4 will probably have Atomika still, maybe even a new face.

I hope they have a variety of new and re-modelled old tracks. Even from SSX Tricky as some of those courses were excellent. This time I hope they look more into making the tracks insane and versatile, as they seemed to tone it down a bit with SSX3. Tricky kinda' set the standard but then they went all low-grade on SSX3. Metro was a poor man's Merqury for example.

I don't really care if it's one mountain, one country, or the entire planet. Like other's have said, it's early days and whatever happens this game is gonna' rock. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:53 pm  Post subject:   
Wait, no connector pieces, but we flow freely down the mountain? Am I missing something or does that just mean one track starts pretty much right where one ends?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:53 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i dono, i wouldn't mind SSX/Tricky tracks or SSX 3 tracks, its all good to me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:35 pm  Post subject:   
YoshiXL wrote:
I have very high hopes for this one. This skiing aspect just has my blood pumping. I remember back in ssx tricky i always wanted skiing to be in the game.

I'm really excited about the skiing too. All...new tricks...going...to...kick..major...ass.

:heh

And Jim, if there wasn't a mountain, (SSX/tricky style) you would just select a track at a menu and start the race right there. It won't be like that for 4 though..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:49 pm  Post subject:   
I thought that SSX 3 tracks were the best, except for Metro, that was kind of a dissapointment. I thought Merqury rocked and Metro really was a poor mans Merqury City.

But Tricky tracks seemed a bit too unreal. I mean, the tricks and stuff in 3 is unreal but they seem to fit that whole world, so it just works. I thoroughly enjoyed the One Mountain aspect, 30 minutes of solid boarding down the mountain has kept me busy for over a year. I hope that they have more shurtcuts and alternate paths, because on 3, most of the time you always ended up on the same basic path after taking the fork.

I'd like to have 2 or three different pathways through each track, with more jumps, rails, and insane shortcuts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:02 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Shacknasty_Jim wrote:
Wait, no connector pieces, but we flow freely down the mountain? Am I missing something or does that just mean one track starts pretty much right where one ends?

I think they might put backcountry in-between tracks, and not those small connecting lines...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:34 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Seraph007
Not having those connecting line's will stop the insane scores in freestyle [to an extent] so I, of course, welcome that :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:03 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
MrMrMrMrFly wrote:
Not having those connecting line's will stop the insane scores in freestyle [to an extent] so I, of course, welcome that :D

Isn't that a glitch, not a feature, of SSX 3?...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:09 pm  Post subject:   
I think they could seperate the mountian into two or three differnt sections or somthing. remake the cousres from 3, and have like two or one new sections in the back of big mountian. There was alot of that mountain that can still be sherreded.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:47 pm  Post subject:   
They didn't say they totally cut out the connector pieces, they just said they cut them off. So, instead of taking about 45-60 seconds to weeve your way to the next track, it should take like... 10 to 15 seconds, using a special path to jam right to the next event without so much wasted time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, One thing I want to return is the 2 special tracks: "Untracked, Alaska", and "Pipe Dream, Europe". It could be like... the dessert to the 7 course meal that the new mountain is gonna bring. After beating the story mode, or getting all goalds on all the events in normal mode, you get to take a trip to those tracks.
Untracked would most definately have the famous Finished Symphony, and either going down a brand new path, or they can just bring back the SSX East path, and SSX Tricky North path so you could choose. Or maybe they'll be extra nice and do the entire mountain for that awsomr 6 minuets of powdered greatness with no boundries whatsoever.
Pipe dream would be totally revamped and abit longer, still having the humongous half pipe at the end, and put lots and lots of trick pieces to work with.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  1, 2