Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:43 pm  Post subject: SSX 4 Predictions => Suggestions  
Now that everyone has SSX 3, What do you think will happen or should happen in SSX 4. Will it be out on the PS3 by then? Will it be more like SSX 3 or an SSX Tricky 2? Will it have more than 2 people in an online race? Write your predictions here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:45 pm  Post subject:   
I have a strange feeling SSX4 will be a launch game on the PS3/Xbox2. I think this is the swan song on the current gen consoles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:48 pm  Post subject:   
SSX focused on Racing...
SSX Tricky focused on Tricks...
SSX 3 focuses on Exploring (or so they say)...

SSX 4 should focus on character interactions!

cool concept, but it might be tough to work out...

Click here for my Bandcamp page!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:51 pm  Post subject:   
heers my ideas (predictions) for ssx4- Create Your Own Uber!, and board

You would have a bunch of lil parts of ubers to choose from, and then u could piece them together hoewever u wanted to, to create a new uber, and name the uber whatever u wanted to. U could make it a small uber or some uber that takes like 10 secondes to pull off, if u wanted to., or how about some kind of built in paint program, where u could design your own board graphics, that would be cool!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:45 pm  Post subject:   
That's the coolest idea I've ever heard!

(pssssst tell the guys who go to the ssx4 weekend)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:52 pm  Post subject:   
Surprise Celebrity Panelist
Umm...hello? EA loves us fans and we can tell them directly. Some of them even hang around here. We don't need a predictions thread, we need a suggestions thread!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:58 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
Predictions or Suggestions? I'm confused.

I have a bunch of suggestions but I'm too lazy and busy (I'm writing an essay as I type this!) to put them to words and write 'em all out. However, there definitely has to be an Italian boarder, who can speak some Italian. Think of all the possibilites it could create. If it's a guy, then he could have that cool Italian accent and some other boarders might speculate than he has connections with the Mafia, so they watch out for him, otherwise... If it's a gal, then there's a bunch of stuff they could put in like a care-free, fun-loving attitude that brings other's spirits up (hopefully in a different way than Kaori). SSX really needs some more Euro boarders. Out of 19, they have 5: JP, Moby, Allegra, Marty, and Viggo but Marty might not count as the majority of us never used him, Allegra seems too American, and Viggo is like out of it, so there's only really JP and Moby. Not sure about Jurgen though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:09 pm  Post subject:   
If you want, we can make this a suggestions thread. I thought it would be cool to see what others want in an SSX game, and what should be improved on. So post your SUGGESTIONS here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:05 pm  Post subject:   
I'm glad u like my idea b100dy, i got a million of em'

how bout this one- When u take a run and string all your combos together(one continous string no mistakes), it will give u two diffarent scores, the first would be the score for your current run, and the second would be what i call "Your Career Combo String", so with that first flawless run Your Career Combo String would begin, so the next run u take is flawless, and you link all your commbos together again, this time when u get to the bottom it shows your score for the current run and then also show Your Career Combo String total which will have been carried over from the previous run, so if first run was 120X, + 500,000 and the second run was 110X + 400,000 then your career combo score would be 230X + 900,000, see what i mean. so if u are good enough to ride for hours without screwing up you could have these enormous career combo strings. Then u could total it when u wanted to, or you could throw the dice and keep it goin! Hope that made sense!

Last edited by Titan on Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:09 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: RazorbackKing
Vivi FF wrote:
SSX really needs some more Euro boarders. Out of 19, they have 5: JP, Moby, Allegra, Marty, and Viggo.

Allegra is American, and from what I understand, she an oregonian! Hell yea baby, OREGON IN THE HIZOUSE!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:12 pm  Post subject:   
Surprise Celebrity Panelist
I thought Allegra was made French to make up for JP's villain persona... and yet she's American in her bio. What about Sauvagess? What about the french flags? I guess we can pretend her clothes are covered in "Freedom" flags...

And yes, Jurgen is German, but unfortunatly, nobody cares.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:15 pm  Post subject:   
We need Floridans, just playing. We need tropical people.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:01 pm  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
Yeah, what the? I thought Allegra was french too. Where did we hear that from?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:19 pm  Post subject:   
What the @#$* they made Jurgen German! My last name is Jurgensen, and it is without a doubt a Danish name.WOW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:26 pm  Post subject:   
For a sugestion, here's one. I'm tired that every character has the same, and only 4 uber rails.

I think in SSX 4 they should have the same 4 uber rails when it's the yellow boost that spells UBER. But in the red of SUPER there should be not only super air ubers, but super rail ubers.

Here are some sugestions:

PLAIN SUPER UBERS

Cordova
It's where you get on the rail, get off the board, and you know snowboards are curved at the ends? Well, I thought this. So get off the board, put the back slant of the board on the rail, put the boarder's hands on the rail slant, the feet on the "top" of the board, make the body into a cordova shape, and hold it. That's the cordova.

Topperflipper
This could be a rail to air uber if there isn't enough rail to do this. Get on the rail, and flip the board 180 degrees upside down. Then when you land, flip the board in a 540, or one flip and one half so it's back right-side up. Finally, flip the board in another 540 while your character does a backflip so it's down-side up. Hold it now until you want to finish the uber, then flip it up 180 again and strap the boarder on. Note this one is 2 seconds without holding it at the end. That's the Topperflipper.

Air spin(This is a relationslip to the uber:Proper Propellor)
Alright. Get on the rail, then do a rail handstand. But up there, your guy prewinds the board, the lets rip, doing a 720 with the board with the boarder's head in the middle, like a aircraft. Then, when your boarder has completed the 720, the boarder's arms come down on the board and spin in one more 360, board and boarder, then stops and holds the rail handstand pode 'till you quit and end the trick. That's the Air Spin. (Note, don't do this on a realy curvy rail.

Fan favorite
Get on the rail, for one thing. Your person jumps to the left of the board, puts the right hand on the left "slant" and does a bar hop, but diagonal. then the person jumps to the right, and slides the board to the left. then the boarder puts their left hand on the right "slant" and does the same pose, holding it until the rider quits the trick, then you do the same shuffle over that you did from left to right, but halfway so straps and rider meet and it's a regular grind. That's the Fan favorite.
P.S. I almost named it Can Can Switch Can.

There. four rail ubers for the four buttons.

I don't wanna do character sig. rail ubers, though. To complicated for me. Gondee can do the sig. rail ubers, or someone else.

I'm thinking you can also buy different super rail ubers, too. Like there will be 4 rail ubers for the L2 button, with one origional bought, with the same for the other three, just like in buy your own air uber in SSX 3. Sweet idea, huh?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:02 pm  Post subject:   
You could also do Pummel Me on a rail. A Zoe specific rail grind. :D

In SSX 4, when you csutomize stuff, you should be give ALOT more options. SSX 3 did have a bunch of options to choose from, BUT the majority of them are headbands, beanies, and hats. And to make matters worse, you can only wear most of these head items when you have your first hear style, which sucks if you don't like it. Like w/me on Mac. I have him w/his buzz cut but if I give him a hat, then he gets his bedhead again. Plus there should be more, cooler shirts and pants. Zoe doesn't have a big variation of cool shirts, and espeically pants. Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:29 am  Post subject: hmm  
I thought I read that Allegra was American but lived in France earlier, or was born in France but lived most of her life in the US. I forget exactly though.

Also, I'm pretty sure I read in an interview or developer diary somewhere that SSX 4 is imminent, but almost certainly not until PS3, which I think is a good idea.

I hope SSX 4 brings back (or even adds to) the internation flavor we had in the original game with characters speaking their native languages only, and announcers speaking their native tongues as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:19 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I think next time around, they need to make a better game manual explaing icons and methods of travel and everything else that wasn't in the manual. Like a list of characters, course list, tips and tricks, trick list, and all of the other stuff that a game manual should have. You shouldn't have to buy the strategy guide to tell you what the trick list is and what the icons mean and how to travel through the lodge and what not, the strategy guide should be for strategies. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:15 am  Post subject:   
1: they need to widen some things up
the beginning of practically any course can show you this...especially if you're going for kickdoubt. you cant build up any speed to hit most of the jumps correctly on a lot of courses.
2: broadband only
i know that the reason 56k was allowed was only because of hitting a larger market share. how do i know? well, if they ever played it on dialup...
3: expanded multiplayer
full stats in ranked games, more options with the accept/decline challenge, more than 1 opponent at a time (i can play counter-strike against 31 other people, why not more than 1 other person in ssx?), save replay option online (dont know how that didnt make it this year)
4: better replay options
what happened to the tricky camera options? you cant record highlights anymore, let alone having them to begin with, so you have to waste time on viewing a replay up until that one cool part you might have saved it for
5: make out of bounds actually out of bounds
i touch this little flag just to the right of the rails at the beginning part of r&b and it resets me because i was "out of bounds." there are a lot of places in the game where you cant explore at all because where the race track ends is only where you are allowed to go. thats no good
6: character differences
why even make 3 new characters for the game? they all end up with the same stats...considering online play, i understand that it would be tough to make a fully balanced character list, so Mac and Elise arent the only 2 ever chosen, but its still rather weak to have them all the exact same

thats it for now, i gotta go to work

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:27 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I think to best let the creators see this thread I'll go ahead and Stickie it. Keep up the good suggestions! :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:50 am  Post subject:   
PSN: zenithyoda
The one major grip i have is that login at the lodge. I would rather have the ability to change the name i want to save to when i actually get a record, like in SSX tricky.

Make out of bounds visible!!

More interactives tracks ( like when you grind the cannon in SSX3 (i forgot which level) and it shots the rocks above the crevise and creates a platform).

More big challanges. and make them more expansive and longer.

Character Interactions would be really cool.

Better bolt ons for the face and head

I like the mountian idea alot!!

Rail Ubers are cool. More would be nice though

Online should have the abiity to trade and send replays, have more than only two people at a time, and should be broadband only.

An easir differenciation(sp?) between the times multipliers. I just have trouble seeing them from far away and sometimes i get the 2 and 10 mixed up.

Radio Big shopuld be played more constanly. At some points i don't here the music at all for quite some time.

More character specific ubers.

The ability to see stats, change ubers, see rewards and the such with out going to the lodge.

And of course bigger, better,, and more expansive tracks :wink
I'll edit this post when i think of some more :)

Last edited by ZenithYoda on Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:44 pm  Post subject:   
Less Off Limits areas! There's more of those than anything else!

Less forced-resets. When I'm playing, if I crash, I usually can get myself out of it w/o losing speed and such on my own but when the game resets for you, it sucks cause you lose pratically ALL your boost, all for something you could have easily gotten out of yourself.

When you (or they) reset, resets should reset you into meaningful places. I hate it when I reset during the jump and they reset me back BEFORE the jump! That may be cool for slopestyle stuff but not for racing! Also, when I reset, they shouldn't reset you ON the jump! You can't get any air or do anything there and end up having to reset back over and over again.

Unlimitied boost should be unlimited. Or be able to have it for a longer period of time. 30 seconds is horrible, especially during all peak jams and such.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:56 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Rynostar
I know most of these are modifications of ones some of you guys said but here goes....
I agree that the out of bounds needs to be 'out of bounds' but playable. In these areas I liked to see more interactive enviroments like Avalanches, and Rock Slides. Or in Cityscapes add places where you can go through buildings and you can seepeople in the buildings and they try to get out of your way or stuff in the buildings collapsw or move if you hit them.
More Extreme Weather. Have it so that Everytime you play the weather is always different. Also have it that the Weather can affect your player and the terrain more. AKA snow/Fog is more Blinding at times, If you get temperatures closer to zero make it so there can be rain/sleet and it will cause extremely Icy conditions.
Not Just Create Your Own Custom boards as ssxtitan said but your own Customized clothing or accesories.
More exclusive songs. I liked the fact that Fatboy Slim released 'Don't Let The Man Get You Down' exclusively for this game (hopefully it comes out on vinyl or on his next album. I say they hire more big artists to do this.
The Radio BIG thing was fine and I enjoyed it but what I'd like to see is more of a DJ mix set kind of thing. You can keep the radio announcer but don't have sudden stops in music as you enter a new area. Have it so the two tracks mix slowly together.
That's all I got for now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:27 pm  Post subject:   
I know this is *really* nitpicking, but in the pre-event cutscenes the boarders all line up in the start gates in regular stance. Then when it cuts to the start of the race, the goofy stance boarders revert to their correct stance.

This was really obvious (to me) in Tricky when the boarders talked pre-race because one minute they'd be talking over their shoulder and then they'd be facing the person. Using 'goofy' Elise a lot has really brought this to my attention.

This is pretty much the only nit I have found in this great game though, and it's just being picky!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:57 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: RazorbackKing
This is my suggestion list for SSX 4.

1) First off, I love the big mountian style of the game, though I hope they change around the mountian and give it a more random chaos feel, i.e. storms coming in on peaks sometmes, ect. ect.

2) I've always thought that the game could use real life pro riders like Todd Richards or Dave Downing. You could even set up some sort of system to unlock them, like having to find them on the mountian and doing a compition to unlock them. It wouldn't be a horrible thing to have them in the game along with the SSX characters. Because if they could have things like the Honda Element or dnL (which is a great drink btw!). Then would having pro riders hurt? NO!

3) Before a race, you should be able to walk around before the race to set up alliances, apoligize for things you did in a pervous races, or to trash talk someone. This way you can finally control who you have a grudge with and not have a grudge with.

4) Bring back Eddie and Hiro! They shouldn't be playa hated like this!

5) Create an uber! Tony Hawk Underground did it, so why not?

6) Lastly, Snowskating, I know that a snowskate is for sale in SSX 3, but I'm talking about having an ACTUAL set of moves for just snowskating.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 28 [ 691 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28