|It is currently Sun May 19, 2013 6:11 pm|
Peak One Time Challenge
Released on: Fri May 08, 2009 7:12 pm
Article type: Walkthrough
|Walkthrough Goal - Below 13:20
Skill Level - Hard
There are two tips to keep in mind for this race that will keep
you from growing gray hairs:
1. Try not to fall down. If you think you might run into something,
let off the jump button and slow down first, it\'s better than falling
and then going slow.
2. Get Super Uber. At the beginning of the run when you still have
yellow uber try to spell out UBE and save the rest for one big jump.
Do multiple ubers in the air when you have a chance but be sure you
recover in time (see tip #1). Also, you should only do the short uber
tricks and not hold them since the points don\'t really matter. I
usually get super uber towards the beginning/middle of each race
track, this seems to help alot but not as much as having super uber
through the flatlands between runs. Ok, now for my path (this will be
PART ONE: HAPPINESS
1. Right off of the plane go left by the mountain, there should be
a snow covered jump in front of you (I always use this to get the
uber bar started).
2. Cut left of the trees and try to rail off of the downed log.
3. Go to the left of the next mountain (it kind of curls), decent
sized jump ahead. After that hang a left (but try to stick close
to the right side of the wall).
4. Go right and you will see an ice covered jump ahead, try to cut
slightly to the right of it (through the snow) as it cuts out the top
part of that jump so you don\'t waste valuable half seconds in the air.
5. Proceed straight into the cave using the hole that should be in
front of you and go straight through it, continue leftish.
6. A plane should fly overhead. Cut a hard left to avoid falling into
the hole and you will see the plane knock some snow off of the mountain
and an avalanche ensue. Head straight for the knocked down snow. Just
past it there is a drop, I usually get super uber here. Also, lookout
for a precipice hanging out from the mountain, I always land on that by
accident (don\'t do a trick into it and fall).
7. Burn straight on through, go to the left of the next jagged mountain
and if you have super uber, don\'t jump.
8. Slow down when entering this cave so that you don\'t run into the
ice. Hang a hard left after the drop.
9. After the next drop, go right. Go straight through the cave (the
left opening is more advantageous) and get on the straitaway.
END OF HAPPINESS
Next is the flatland between Happiness and Snow Jam. Stick to the path.
The path is packed snow and allows you to move alot faster than the
high snow off the path. Do try to get rails if you can, they are
quick, but are not critical. Use the boost if you\'ve got it! Going
into Snow Jam you should do some tricks so your uber bar is close to
or maxed out.
PART TWO: SNOW JAM
1. Jump and do a trick entering into Snow Jam. You\'ll see a Big Jump
ahead, go to the left of it (do a smaller jump), doing ubers if you can.
2. You\'ll land close to the start of a rail if you did it right, go for
the rail and max out your super uber bar on rail tricks and then floor
off in the right direction.
3. You\'ll see an \"Out of Bounds\" sign to the left. Avoid it. It\'s
shortest to baby jump off the jump beside it and keep going straight.
4. Go to the left of the next big jump (try to avoid it altogether),
and don\'t even jump off of the next one.
5. Upon landing go forward just past the second large tree post. To
your right you will see an \"Out of Bounds\" sign, go for that one.
You\'ll see a rail ahead, be on it, crouching and boosting like a madman.
Try to jump off of it through the middle of the downed tree that you\'ll
see at the end of the rail. Don\'t boost in the tree, there are a
series of small bumps and the game always thinks I\'m trying to do a
trick. The ice will hang left, try to get on the rails if you can but
if you can\'t no biggie. My super uber always wears off here.
6. Series of small jumps ahead, if you can get enough air to do an uber
then do, otherwise cut to the left and rail off of the tree. Either
way cut to the left as soon as you can.
7. Go left after the jumps. You\'ll see purple lights around a downed
tree, rail off of it if you can.
8. It\'s pretty much stick to the obvious path for the rest of snow jam.
Try to get super uber off of the last jump as hard as you can, you will
END OF SNOW JAM
After leaving Snow Jam, there will be a cave. As you enter this cave
go immediately left, there is a small shortcut here. Go as fast as you
can and on leaving the cave try to go straight (will require a jump).
Stick to the path as best you, grabbing rails if it\'s convenient. If
you have super uber don\'t hesitate to use the manual reset (select) if
you get in a pinch. It really doesn\'t have many drawbacks in super
uber mode. The only other shortcut I know of here is right after you
have made a right turn and the path curves to the left you may see an
orange rail straight ahead, go for it. It\'s not a great shortcut, but
a shortcut nonetheless. Moving on to the most critical part of the
PART 3: METRO CITY
1. As you come into Metro City go left through an \"Out of Bounds\"
sign, there\'s a rail. After getting off of that rail you will see
another one straight ahead and another on the right, go straight.
2. This will end you up looking at a jump over a building. Do so, and
try to angle right.
3. After you clear the building you will have 3 options. Go for the
middle jump (the hole on the far right isn\'t that much longer though).
The goal is to miss the actual track entirely.
4. You should see a path between buildings in front of you. Don\'t
hold the jump button down and proceded cautiously, hugging the building
on the left.
5. You will see another part of the race track to your right and a
narrow alleyway to your left. Go left and try not to hit the trash can/
6. Line yourself up on the straightaway and crouch and boost like a
mo-fo. Proceed straight through the next \"Out of Bounds sign\" and try
to jump over the next building. You\'ll end up in a tunnel. Boost like
7. Jump out of the hole (doing an uber if you can) and aim for the rail
on the right.
8. You\'ll land and see two more rails, if you can get them both, great,
otherwise try to make it onto the second one, it speeds up your turn.
9. After getting off of that rail you\'ll see another one on the right,
10. Go to the left of the next jump, you should see two rails, the one
on the left is fastest, but the one on the right isn\'t too shabby either.
11. Cut the next jump as much as possible, going down seems faster.
12. You\'ll see a pipe in front of you, try to rail it all the way out.
13. Grab the next rail. After getting off of it you\'ll see a jump
and after that another downed pipe. Go straight down the middle.
14. After you get off of the pipe you\'ll be in an icy area. I don\'t
boost here, it always makes me run into a beam because I\'m going to fast.
It\'s a straight shot out.
This will take a few tries to get down. I must have done it a dozen
times (ending in sight of the finish line, just so I could know how
close I was while being so far away each time) before I did it right.
|Return back to the Knowledge Base|